British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

American Touring Team 2010 October Tour!

Just wear your underpants on the outside of your trousers Laurence aka Superman - but remember to make sure they are clean!!!!biggrin.gif

And Romie - what if its a pub with a carvery - is that different?!

/quote]

Well, then .... ABSOLUTELY YES !!! :wink:

Just wear your underpants on the outside of your trousers Laurence aka Superman - but remember to make sure they are clean!!!!biggrin.gif

And Romie - what if its a pub with a carvery - is that different?!

better buy some then!! ;):lol:

better buy some then!! ;):lol:

yuk - images!!! Im scared for life now!!!

1.gif

The final spot on the 2010 American Touring Team is set to go to legendary rider Shawn 'Mad Dog' McConnell.

Shawn and I have been looking this over in the past week. He wants to go, I want him to go, its now just a case of finalizing the logistics which we both have well in hand.

It's quite incredible that Shawn last rode in England full time 26 years ago, yet say his name at Birmingham, Swindon or many other a track and it is still remembered with great fondness. For a rider who had such a short UK career (thanks to a pedantic rulebook), the impression left is something.But when you know Shawn and the things he does with a bike on the track and his attitude off, it is no surprise.

In recent years he has made trips to the UK for the Brighton indoor meeting and a few open bookings. This time he is doing a full 6 meeting schedule and maybe some more open meetings,

It is a major step forward for the team to have Shawn involved, especially as one of his roles in the USA is a as a rider coach. Going on tour in the UK is in one hand one of the ultimate speedway experiences but it is hard work and having leadership and experience, which he and Eddie Castro bring, is a huge asset to the younger riders.

One of the great showmen of speedway will certainly make the matches in October must see events.

Average rider age = 31.5yrs.

Thank god for Austin!!!

Shawn and Eddie act the youngest!

This tour really is a reflection of the American domestic scene, with all categories represented - the ageless veteran (Eddie & Shawn), The teenage hotshots (Austin and Mike), the Motocross converts (Tyson, Tyson and John) and the loyal clubman rider (Robbie). With a mix like this there is something for everyone and whilst each tour is different, there is one consistency that goes back to day one - entertainment!!!!

Sounds like its speedways version of last of the summer wine lol :)

It will be great to see Mad Dog here again and with Eddie Castro returning it should be a very entertaining tour.

All the best from Team Viking

The final spot on the 2010 American Touring Team is set to go to legendary rider Shawn 'Mad Dog' McConnell.

Were you listening to the conversation that I was having with Matt, Nikki, Sandie and Vog at Brandon last week? I kept asking if Shawn was in the tema and she kept saying no but trying to list the riders, I kept annoying her by naming Shawn and she kept on telling me no. In the end Vog, Matt and Nikki got involved.

Sandie, told you so :P

Were you listening to the conversation that I was having with Matt, Nikki, Sandie and Vog at Brandon last week? I kept asking if Shawn was in the tema and she kept saying no but trying to list the riders, I kept annoying her by naming Shawn and she kept on telling me no. In the end Vog, Matt and Nikki got involved.

I cant believe Im going to say this -

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!

even though you didn't realise it at the time!!!!!

So how many of the meetings you coming to then SCB. You made a start last year by coming to 1, how many this year?? icon_lol.gif

I cant believe Im going to say this -

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!

even though you didn't realise it at the time!!!!!

So how many of the meetings you coming to then SCB. You made a start last year by coming to 1, how many this year?? icon_lol.gif

In recent years he has made trips to the UK for the Brighton indoor meeting and a few open bookings. This time he is doing a full 6 meeting schedule and maybe some more open meetings,

I'm sure I saw him ride at Rye House two or three years ago :unsure:

Delighted to let you all know that Double US Under 21 Champions Bryce Starks will be joining us in the US Touring Team trip that departs LA Airport exactly 5 weeks from today! Bryce has been in top form these past few weeks and followed up retaining his National success with 3rd in friday's Auburn Scratch Main. It is great that Northern California is, for the sixth tour in a row, being represented.

We thought we had our full squad a few days back but late last week two of the eight man squad (Tyson Talkington and Austin Novratil) hit problems with being able to 100% commit to the tour, so we had to make a move and bring in a comparible rider. The plan is still to take an eighth rider and its possible that Talkington or Novratil may be that rider, though there are also other riders being talked to.

http://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/uBryce_Starks.htm

Really pleased that Bryce is coming over. Just waiting now for confirmation on your date near to London!!

Really pleased that Bryce is coming over. Just waiting now for confirmation on your date near to London!!

Hmm, well I was kinda hoping that was a reference to Lydd... Near is a relative term in our sport as you know!!! :rolleyes: