British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

American Touring Team 2010 October Tour!

Cheers for the reply Steve .... spoke to Gino yesterday was telling me about this weekends racing that he has coming up and trying to find a link for the meetings to watch online if anyone has one can they message it for me please, that is unles of course I have it on the many saved on this laptop now for all over the world meetings in all different languages ..... can only ever understand the names icon_lol.gif

Very pleased to confirm that we will be at Ipswich on the 14th of October, most likely versus a team of PL level or thereabouts. Many thanks to Chris Louis who has been a pleasure to work with.

Very pleased to confirm that we will be at Ipswich on the 14th of October, most likely versus a team of PL level or thereabouts. Many thanks to Chris Louis who has been a pleasure to work with.

so that's the current Ippo team minus Scott Nicholls then!!!!ohmy.gificon_lol.gif

Well someone had to say it and I'm a few miles away so its a bit safer!

Lots happening behind the scenes, talking to a lot of tracks with a lot of ideas! Also hoping to finalize the team and there are a couple of big names hopefully in the frame for the final team place! One rider, who we only approahed yesterday is a wily veteran and one of the greatest showmen ever to rider a speedway bike! No promises, but would love him to come over!

Edited by SteveEvans

We've added a rider as our number 8 for this tour - veteran Robbie Sauer. Robbie has been racing for close to 20 seasons on the domestic scene and was runner up at the recent Best Pairs Championship at Victorville. He is included in the squad as our number 8, though he will get riding opportunities at most meetings. He's a great guy and whilst a somewhat unlikely rider choice on one hand, he epitomises the clubman rider who makes up 80% of rider entry in your typical American Speedway meeting.

http://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/urobbi_s.htm

Its becomes vogue for our riders to rent bikes when they come to the UK. We are 75% covered but still short by a couple. If anyone has equipment we could borrow or rent, please PM me. Our base is in the Midlands area. NL / PL standard please.

Best

Steve

Schedule Update. Here's what we have thus far

6th October - Open Practice Stoke

7th October - Sheffield (PL)

8th October - Plymouth

11th October - Belle Vue (NL)

14th October - Ipswich (PL)

A date has also been agreed on the 15th but the club wants us to announce this after the weekend. One more date will be added with several options being considered. Of course the above dates are subject to change with play offs, which is why we are keeping our options wide open!

Schedule Update. Here's what we have thus far

6th October - Open Practice Stoke

7th October - Sheffield (PL)

8th October - Plymouth

11th October - Belle Vue (NL)

14th October - Ipswich (PL)

A date has also been agreed on the 15th but the club wants us to announce this after the weekend. One more date will be added with several options being considered. Of course the above dates are subject to change with play offs, which is why we are keeping our options wide open!

Looks like being a busy one!! :blink:

Looks like being a busy one!! :blink:

Or two weeks locked in the pub if it rains! You ready Laurence?

Can I just stay in the pub even if its dry!!!

Can I just stay in the pub even if its dry!!!

No, you may NOT !!! :wink:

Looks like being a non-stop time with my Newport commitments, my business and the kids to look after !! :blink:

Looks like being a non-stop time with my Newport commitments, my business and the kids to look after !! :blink:

Just wear your underpants on the outside of your trousers Laurence aka Superman - but remember to make sure they are clean!!!!biggrin.gif

And Romie - what if its a pub with a carvery - is that different?!

Edited by Sandie