British Speedway Forum
dickiemint

Neil Street Special Meeting 17th September

I see Neil Street has a Special Meeting at Newport on 17th September according to a press release by Newport on the BSPA website.

A great servant to the sport and a much overdue piece of recognition.

I see Neil Street has a Special Meeting at Newport on 17th September according to a press release by Newport on the BSPA website.

I cant wait to see the line up for this, Its about time Neil was recognised for his services to speedway.had the privalidge of having breakfast with Neil in Scotland on one of Newports Scottish Tours, What a fasinating manto talk to, breaky was to short that day.

Well deserved.

Edited by suzuki star 882

The word legend is thrown around too much but when used to describe Neil it's perfectly justifiable. A successful speedway rider, manager and engineer as well as a truly great guy who can tell a wonderful story.

It's a shame this meeting clashes with the Bees KOC meeting with Wolves but I'm still tempted to get to Newport for it.

Edited by SCB

well deserved, absoloute legend, cannot wait should be a cracking meeting :approve:

Totally desrved honour.If only there were a few more British guys who put as much into the sport as Neil and Olle Nygren.Was lucky enough to see Neil ride a number of times.And particularly back at Somerton Park when him and Crumpie were on those 4 valves in the first few months :approve:

Glad there has been an official announcement that this is going ahead after they announced it at Newport on Sunday.

With Jason and Craig organising it, hopefully they will be able to get some top riders to take part. Neil deserves that for all his time as a rider ( watched him when he rode with Phil at Somerton Park), a manager both of the Australian team and of the time he has given to Newport and others.

Hope the weather doesn't go mad as this is one meeting that can not be rained off

About time as well for the man who gave us the 4 valve engines ... a great rider in his day and a very approachable man .... well deserved .... would be good to get an array of World Champions there for this meeting. :D

Can only add my agreement. One of the greats of speedway and a legend at Poole in the 80s and 90s. Well deserved Neil. :approve:

Can't wait to hear the line up for this meeting it should be an amazing day whoever is in the line up!! Neil street is a very approchable person and deserves the very best meeting

Must agree with this. Neil was a superb manager for us in the 80's and 90's,add superb talent spotter to his list of credits!

Let's hope it's something different from the norm.

I'm not sure that somthing different Applies, as much as Who's In It, hopefully Jason and Craig can pull a few strings, twist a few arms, Not that in Neils Case this should be needed,What I hope for is a great night for Neil,I watched Him in the 70's when riding for the wasps, and he was pure Inspiration

I agree with the sentiments above , i mentioned many moons ago he should have had some recognition in the form of am MBE , OBE or the like for services to the sport . A man who has devoted his whole life to speedway .