British Speedway Forum
dickiemint

Neil Street Special Meeting 17th September

I agree with the sentiments above , i mentioned many moons ago he should have had some recognition in the form of am MBE , OBE or the like for services to the sport . A man who has devoted his whole life to speedway .

I would love for neil street to recieve some sort of recognition too! He is such an inspiration to younger riders I am sure, hope this special meeting has a great turn out he deserves the best :)

I'm sure Streety has some kind of recognition in Australia for his services to Speedway.

How many Aussies can you get in a Speedway meeting :) ?

I agree with the sentiments above , i mentioned many moons ago he should have had some recognition in the form of am MBE , OBE or the like for services to the sport . A man who has devoted his whole life to speedway .

In 2002 he was awarded the Order of Australia (OAM) in the Australia Day Awards for his services to speedway.

In 2002 he was awarded the Order of Australia (OAM) in the Australia Day Awards for his services to speedway.

Maybe, but it would be nice for him to be awarded something important :P A proper bloke who has done much for the sport in both England and Australia.

Maybe, but it would be nice for him to be awarded something important :P A proper bloke who has done much for the sport in both England and Australia.

Can't think of anything more important than to be recognised in his home country by being awarded the OAM, which is awarded "for the purpose of according recognition to Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or for meritorious service".

Of course if some tinpot third world monarchy wants to give him a gong who am I to gainsay them?

Can't think of anything more important than to be recognised in his home country by being awarded the OAM, which is awarded "for the purpose of according recognition to Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or for meritorious service".

Of course if some tinpot third world monarchy wants to give him a gong who am I to gainsay them?

Hence the tongue in cheek, green smiley thingy BFD. Has anyone else done so much in one sport before for so long?

Hence the tongue in cheek, green smiley thingy BFD. Has anyone else done so much in one sport before for so long?

Thinking back I can only compare him to Sir Jack Brabham who is the only Formula One driver to have won a world title in a car of his own construction.

Riders should be queing up to ride in this one to honour a great man. Well deseved, I can't think of many, (if any) who have done more for speedway.

So disappointed that this meeting has now been postponed due to riders unavailability. Hope they can still try for it to go ahead this season

So disappointed that this meeting has now been postponed due to riders unavailability. Hope they can still try for it to go ahead this season

Hopefully the meeting can be properly programmed in so as many people as possible can make arrangements to attend. Im sure there are many people who'd love to attend a meeting for Neil.