British Speedway Forum

Managed to finish work early to make this meeting and boy was it worth it!!! Many congratulations to Kenni Larsen on a superb victory and also to David Howe and Ryan Fisher on making the rostrum.They all rode their hearts out and thoroughly deserved to be on the Podium. My heart goes out to young Rene Bach who was without doubt the pick of the crop until his coming together with his team mate in the 1st run of the final. Speedway can sure be tough at times!!

Great to see such a big crowd at Owlerton again, takes me back to the Sean Wilson Years.

Young Josh paid the penalty for his first race impetuosity, but he is young and will come again. From his 3rd ride onwards he was "on the gas" and produced some superb passing moves doing himself a lot of credit in the process.

Travis McGowan looked impressive on the wide open spaces of Owlerton and I look forward to seeing him ride there again.

Really pleased for the Newcastle fans who got right behind their boys all afternoon and I hope they all enjoyed their champers in the bar afterwards ;) Roll on next year and it will be nice to have an end to the "Home Track Advantage" posts that often go along with the PLRC :D

Wonderfull day yesterday with a good crowd, lots of Diamonds fans, some good racing and overtaking, good company in the shape of HalifaxTiger and BobC, meeting ColinCooke and partner for the first time and of course meeting up with Paulco in the bar later(now there's a first). Waved to Lucifer Sam, in disguise, and I think he waved back but I wish he would use all his fingers in the wave back. :D

Great result of course with Kenni doing the blitzing from the gate, and Rene being Rene with his sluggish gates and outside overtakes. Good having direct entry to the final to save any mishaps, and let the rest slug it out to join them in the final.

Thought the track was good throughout and, with regular dragging the dirt back to the inside, all racing lines were available.

Tense start to the final when our pair tangled at the first corner but fortunately it was all four back. Rene very shook up and I hope his arm is OK today once the adrenelin has worn off. He didn't seem to be happy with his forks in the rerun and this and his injury probably stopped him performing like we know he can. There's always next year for you Rene, hopefully as a Diamond again and possibly a winner. :approve:

On to the winner. Last year, Kenni started with a couple of wins but petered out his challenge and missed out on the Semi. He was very down and said to George E that "I will come back next year and win it". Man of his promise, he did and won it well and he seems to have been a popular winner with all fans. What would have happened if they hadn't tangled, could we have had a 1-2 on the rostrum? Would Rene have won it from Kenni? We will never know. Mind you, it would have been even more interesting if Mark had ridden as well, instead of the low performance from Frampton. 1-2-3 a possibility eh :D

Mention to Lee Complin for a couple of good races, Fisher's outside pass in Heat 15, the sensible riding of Auty after his disastrous 1st race, good fair track throughout, nobody hurt, yes it was a canny day. :D

Wonderfull day yesterday with a good crowd, lots of Diamonds fans, some good racing and overtaking, good company in the shape of HalifaxTiger and BobC, meeting ColinCooke and partner for the first time and of course meeting up with Paulco in the bar later(now there's a first). Waved to Lucifer Sam, in disguise, and I think he waved back but I wish he would use all his fingers in the wave back. :D

Great result of course with Kenni doing the blitzing from the gate, and Rene being Rene with his sluggish gates and outside overtakes. Good having direct entry to the final to save any mishaps, and let the rest slug it out to join them in the final.

Thought the track was good throughout and, with regular dragging the dirt back to the inside, all racing lines were available.

Tense start to the final when our pair tangled at the first corner but fortunately it was all four back. Rene very shook up and I hope his arm is OK today once the adrenelin has worn off. He didn't seem to be happy with his forks in the rerun and this and his injury probably stopped him performing like we know he can. There's always next year for you Rene, hopefully as a Diamond again and possibly a winner. :approve:

On to the winner. Last year, Kenni started with a couple of wins but petered out his challenge and missed out on the Semi. He was very down and said to George E that "I will come back next year and win it". Man of his promise, he did and won it well and he seems to have been a popular winner with all fans. What would have happened if they hadn't tangled, could we have had a 1-2 on the rostrum? Would Rene have won it from Kenni? We will never know. Mind you, it would have been even more interesting if Mark had ridden as well, instead of the low performance from Frampton. 1-2-3 a possibility eh :D

Mention to Lee Complin for a couple of good races, Fisher's outside pass in Heat 15, the sensible riding of Auty after his disastrous 1st race, good fair track throughout, nobody hurt, yes it was a canny day. :D

We probably will never know but Kenni has beaten Rene a number of times around Brough this year but I think Rene had the beating of Kenni yesterday so I think Rene could have won it, and I do think that we may have had a 1-2 if they had not tangled.

I agree it would have been alot more interesting had Mark ridden.

Saw you in the thick of the celebrations after the meeting, you seemed to be enjoying yourself. :D

Edited by diamond@heart

We probably will never know but Kenni has beaten Rene a number of times around Brough this year but I think Rene had the beating of Kenni yesterday so I think Rene could have won it, and I do think that we may have had a 1-2 if they had not tangled.

I agree it would have been alot more interesting had Mark ridden.

Saw you in the thick of the celebrations after the meeting, you seemed to be enjoying yourself. :D

Probably a release of the tensions of hoping that they both could go on and one of them be the champion. What with the disappointment at both the Pairs and the 4's you could not really celebrate till Kenni rounded the 4th bend for victory. Just think, if our luck had held in both the Pairs and the 4's, aye, the thought of dreams. Bloody airfilters. :D

First of all well done to Kenni Larsen on a deserved win, quick from the gate every time and looked very quick all afternoon. Bach, Fisher, Auty and Complin were great to watch, with some of Auty's passes being quite superb, Sheffield fans are clearly spoilt watching him do that every week! Rye House lads were a bit disappointing though, I thought both Sundstrom and Frampton would be up there, but it wasn't to be.

On Complin, to me he was struggling for speed in his first 2 rides but after that he was much quicker and rode a brilliant race to beat Bach and Poole (who surprised me at how well he did).

I hope the PLRC is back at Sheffield again next season :approve:

Good Day,

Just a brief post to say a very, very sincere thank you to everyone who came along to Sheffield yesterday. A fabulous atmosphere that made everyone's hard work behind the scenes worthwhile, you did Speedway and the Premier league proud.

Thank you ...............David

Good Day,

Just a brief post to say a very, very sincere thank you to everyone who came along to Sheffield yesterday. A fabulous atmosphere that made everyone's hard work behind the scenes worthwhile, you did Speedway and the Premier league proud.

It was certainly appreciated. :approve: I pointed out the number, and their professional attire, that all track staff had on for the meeting. Excellent presentaion and the meeting was run at a good even pace. You knew when the gaps were going to be and it was amazing how the track times repeated the same pattern after every 4 heats.

So it's back to Sheffield again next year, Rene has unfinished business. :D:o

Good Day,

It was good day David and the atmosphere was brilliant as you rightly say. Hope to see the PLRC back at Sheffield again next season ;)

On Complin, to me he was struggling for speed in his first 2 rides but after that he was much quicker and rode a brilliant race to beat Bach and Poole (who surprised me at how well he did).

I hope the PLRC is back at Sheffield again next season :approve:

I hope Complin and the PLRC are back at Sheffield next season. ;)

I had visions of Ricky stealing the crown from under the noses of Ward and Proctor last year :o

How did he steal it from Ward and Proctor? He top scored over 20 heats too :)

Fantastic meeting yesterday. The crowd were amazing. The banter was absolute quality on the first bend.

Roll on next year when I'll be booking the night off work so I can be a drunken idiot like Drac :wink:

Fantastic meeting yesterday. The crowd were amazing. The banter was absolute quality on the first bend.

Roll on next year when I'll be booking the night off work so I can be a drunken idiot like Drac :wink:

Drac likes this

I thought Drac was quite subdued this year. Nowhere near as loud as last year ... Still good company though, especially enjoyed his clashes with B4E's Mum :D

Although the Rockets duo disappointed, as I thought they probably would, it was still an enjoyable meeting with a deserved winner in the end and a cracking atmosphere.

Thanks to everyone who entered the Top Eight Scorers Competition which was won by Glasgow fan Alan MacFarland who scored 81 points, a point ahead of Paulco and my son Buster, winning £50 in the process ... Also, thanks for Bandits4Eva for helping me mark the scoresheets during the semi and final :wub:

Handing over the dosh!!

Edited by Shadders

How did he steal it from Ward and Proctor? He top scored over 20 heats too :)

first bend.

Just a figure of speech, Squall. But Darcy and Ty looked like they had just been mugged when they flanked Ricky on the rostrum.

Did Complin pick up an injury at Sheffield?

Both him and Rene pulled out of George Stancl's meeting tonight due to injuries from the PLRC.

Obviously we all saw what happened to Rene but I didn't realise anything had happened to Complin.

Hope they are both OK and racing again soon.