British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deadmau5

British Sgp Decline

We are simply now seeing the start of 'TV' viewing of the future. In ten years time or less internet TV will be huge. Personally I sometimes watch GPs on my laptop whilst watching TV in the same room. I can watch a TV programme with the family and interrupt this with one minute's racing. I'm sure I'm not the only one. GPs for me are now 22 minutes of racing and 2 hours of adverts and repetitive and frankly dull 'expert' opinion.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but....At the moment, there are plenty of speedway matches shown illegally on the internet.

I wouldn't expect this to continue if the rights owners see a definite decline in subscriptions for their services. They will start to close down these feeds to ensure that people correctly pay to view these events.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but....At the moment, there are plenty of speedway matches shown illegally on the internet.

I wouldn't expect this to continue if the rights owners see a definite decline in subscriptions for their services. They will start to close down these feeds to ensure that people correctly pay to view these events.

From a financial POV this would be impractical . For SKY to close for example, a Polish website, would be a legal mine field with far reaching implications for the internet as a whole. It would take years, probably go to Brussels, and would cost more than it's worth. And if they did close it, a new site would open up next day in a non-EU country.

SKY make money from advertising. Although they'd never publicly admit it, they want to show advertisers an appealing audience figure, whether or not these people have subscribed is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

In a similar vein, you can walk into almost any pub in the UK and 'buy' a SKY card that allows you to watch without subscribing. How much effort have SKY put into stopping this? Not a lot! Again in the grand scheme of things, if viewers are watching SKY rather than BBC they're happy. Occasionally SKY will claim to be changing your SKY card to stop this practice. This is done in the main, not to gain more subscription money, but to demonstrate to those people honest enough to be paying to watch, that SKY takes their business serious and will not tolerate the non payers.

Edited by george.m

Because you never listen you been told about 20 times that tv was not showing the world final anymore intill the Gp's came along

The GPs coincided with the birth of satellite tv didn't they, certainly since BSI bought 25 years of rights anyway ..........

Edited by Trees