British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

Firstly.. a big well done to Coventry, thoroughly deserved over both legs, No complaint there.

Secondly.. The track, from were i was sat actually didnt look bad, And when KK came out in heat 1 and got the new track record i was proven right.

Batch - His attitude stinks, and is the biggest gating tart in the history of speedway.

Last night was a shambles from word go!!!!

yep well done to the bees

track was alright in my opinion ,seen it worse

batchelor says it how it is if you people don't like it tough!!! was our best rider over 2 the legs

shambles yes!!! if as s.c.b says that the peterborough riders where moaning about the track at 6.10 that is shocking but anything to do with swales doesn't shock me

Thirdly.. Although in the end it didnt matter, we all witnessed the single worst Refereeing decision in speedway history!

It was a very poor decision but not the worst ever (see below)

a couple of years ago he was excluded at wolves when he was out in fron out of the bend when the two wolves riders come together,

That was the worst ever - about 2 or 3 yards away from the incident and he gets excluded !!

Talk to me about King Kenneth.. This superstar who is better than Lindgren...

yes worst performance by any home number one that I have ever seen :(

And so should your daughter (presume it was your daughter) wearing the shirt with HANS on the back, who shouted f*****g w****r and made hand gestures .

yes we love Bridger at the EOES :D

It shows how fickle some P Boro fans are. All blaming Bjerre

and to repeat - worst performance by any home number one that I have ever seen :(

Firstly.. a big well done to Coventry, thoroughly deserved over both legs,

Thirdly.. Although in the end it didnt matter, we all witnessed the single worst Refereeing decision in speedway history

Good luck to Coventry in the final, at least the final will now be a close contest!!

Agree with all that! ;)

1pt from your number 1 and its not fair to blame Bjerre :lol: .... out scored by every Bees rider and it not fair to blame Bjerre :lol: ....

World Championship leader ... bottled it

WTC vital heat .. bottled it

Heats 13 & 15 at Brandon .. bottled it

1pt at home ... bottled it

He just aint up to the task .. why take chances when there is a GP this weekend ... same old story eh ??

We know where Kenneths loyalties lie don't we ... boy don't we know B)

Absolutely spot on.

Congrats to Coventry with a team comprising racing Brits. I'm not a fan of Bridger, but even he last night seemed more up for it, and actually if anything looked a bit safer on a track that needed some genuine racing ability handle it.

yes we love Bridger at the EOES :D

We know you don't like him, but to shout that abuse when you're sat near kids is disgusting. Boo by all means, but that - no!

Panther's management took a risk making the track grippy to suit their team - it didn't work. I have no problem with that. They obviosuly thought that the Bees Poles were gating tarts and the rest of the didn't favour the EOES anyway so the visitors would fall apart. Blew up in their faces big time. What I do have a problem with is preparing a dangerous track. It was clear that it was like riding through a mixture of semi-set concrete mixed with treacle early on. Just great for the guys of both teams. No wonder Bjerre gave up after bend one. Anyway, well done to the Bees. You shouldn't have to race on tracks like that but you had the cojones to do it! 10 points should give us a fighting chance at Wimbourne, KK and Bomber could both outscore Poole's top end.

A good post and absolutely spot on! Same for everyone / track record / "bottle" is irrelevant. Last night's track was dangerous and Kasprzak's crash was a perfect illustration as to why. I'm just thankful all the riders came away relatively unscathed.

Not sure weather is was correct to ex Schlein but i have no doubt that Harris layed his bike down to avoid hitting hit rather than falling of own ..thought it was a tough call for the ref as it's a bit of a grey area .

Agree.

Harris made a comparable mistake if you can call it that in his next race and managed to keep the bike up.

Schlien was ridiculously out of shape at the time Harris went down.

It's not false at all? He's earnt that average so it's a true reflection of his abilities - I can understand the potentially false LOW average talk but surely not the other way?

You can't deliberatly get points you don't want as easily!

The majority of his meetings have been at home and from reserve.

He now has an average which would more than likely mean he would start in the main body of the team and going to away tracks that he has very little experience on.

Sweetman is a fantastic talent. But…when it comes to team building when .25 can make all the difference he is at that sort of average that could see a team take another option.

It is truth be told a ridiculous way to treat a rider who isn't even a club asset.

On a different note, I went with my wife and two kids young kids, 12 & 8 and sat in the stand. When Bomber won heat 4 on the run-in, I had the audacity to stand up and cheer at the end! A Peterborough supporter (lady!!) who sat next to my 8 year old son four seats away from me, turned to me and started f'ing and blinding at me, to the amazement of even her our team supporters behind her. If you're reading this, you know who you are and should be ashamed of yourself madam. And so should your daughter (presume it was your daughter) wearing the shirt with HANS on the back, who shouted f*****g w****r and made hand gestures when Bridger did his lap of honour after heat 14.

This is a family sport, go and watch your local football team if you want to do that.

Btw, were there more Coventry supporters there last night than at the home leg? Great atmosphere for Bees team, great team performance on an awful track - dangerous in my opinion.

Peterborough fans are renowned bad losers.....always have been. The abuse they gave the ref last night including kids giving it was terrible...although he deserved some of it as it was a bad decision in my opinion.

A fantastic night last night as a bees fan. The atmosphere on the back straight was superb. A cracking turnout.

As soon as i turned up, Peterbrough and their fans seemed defeated due to the track, whereas Coventry just turned up and attacked it and got on with the meeting, and when KK broke the track record, it confirmed it was going to be our night in my mind.

Bjerre was a disgrace last night, if I was a panthers fan I would be fumin with him. He just didnt want to be there, and let his team down badly, as did Swales with his track preparation. PErhaps time for them both to be moved on?

For the bees, Kasper did as Kasper does, and I was very relieved when he got up from his crash. He will be a key man for us in the final with his knowledge and abaility at Wimborne Road. Hope he's back next year.

Dicky Sweets was the star of the show for us, I was told by someone, who will remain nameless, before the meeting that he would never go that far, but last night he showed how good he can be, just a shame he missed one heat.

Barker seems to have grown up towards the end of the season, and whilst his form hasnt been the best lately he hasnt been over-riding like he was before, and looks a lot better on the bike. One moan though, why go round pulling wheelies whilst Shamek was down injured? I know there was excitement at getting into the final, but I wouldve liked to have seen him go check on his team-mate

Kennett had one of his best Showground meetings last night. Going into the meeting I was worried about him and Barker vs Schlein and Iversen, but I had no need to be, and he did his job well.

Harris, has been superb towards the end of the season, and continued that last night. At the time I thought he laid it down to avoid Schlein who had lost control and therefore thought the ref made the correct decision.

Pawlicki, despite appearing to struggle still managed to score paid 7. A decent effort from the youngster, I just hope he isnt suffering any ill effects after his tumble in his last ride.

and finally Bridger, a solid contribution. Still isnt scoring as much as he is capable of, but is contributing. Another rider who appeared to be over-riding earlier in the season, but now is thinking about it a lot more.

I was heavily critical of the team earlier in the season, and they fully deserved it, so it's only right that I praise them for the way they have turned themselves round, and look like a team, rather than 7 individuals.

Rosco has obviously had a key role in this transformation, and its great to see him looking happy again, as I wouldnt be suprised if he had doubted his decision to defect from Swindon earlier this season.

I expect Poole to be too strong for us in the final, but just getting there after having 0 points from out first 7 meetings is some achievement.

The pressure is all on Poole, we can just go out, enjoy it and try to spoil the party.

The majority of his meetings have been at home and from reserve.

He now has an average which would more than likely mean he would start in the main body of the team and going to away tracks that he has very little experience on.

Sweetman is a fantastic talent. But…when it comes to team building when .25 can make all the difference he is at that sort of average that could see a team take another option.

It is truth be told a ridiculous way to treat a rider who isn't even a club asset.

Last year, Wolves tried to get Proctor's PL average halved to be his EL average, rather than his inflated one from riding at number 7, at primarly home meetings (he missed away meetings because of Redcar's home fixtures) but it was dissmissed.

Ryan Fisher suffered a simular fate, but Swindon didn't follow it up.

Belle vue then sign Leigh Lanham on half of his Newport average, rather than sign him on his 2009 EL average.

The rules for double uppers need to be changed in favour of getting PL riders to step up, but if not I think Sweetman is a risk worth taking on his 5 pt average because he is 100% committed to the cause unlike an European rider with other commitments on the same average.

Edited by superguest

....Colincooke.....

To cheer like they did in the grandstand when KK came off & could have been injured was just plain spiteful.

I'm so proud of this team tonight, right through from 1 to 7, right through everyone in the pits & right through everyone on the back straight.

There were actually a lot of Bees fans in the stand in various places but I guess we're not included. :wink:

I sit in the stand and I never heard it.

I never heard it either. The only time there was any reaction from the Peterborough fans was a bit of booing when Chris came out for the re-run of heat 9.

....Maccas.....With an unbiased head on only 1 Coventry rider truly impressed me tonight and that was Sweetman, everytime I have seen him ride he looked nothing special but he really performed well tonight.

Got to agree with you there Maccas. Although Coventry won they didn't seem to be so convincing this time but Sweetman was very impressive.

As for the supposed disaparity in reserves that really didn't show up tonight, 9+2 for Norbert compared to 10+2 for Pawlicki the so called wonder Pole and Bridger combined.

Lewis Bridger at reserve had only scored 2 points from four rides up until his win in heat 14. He'll have to do a lot better against Poole or I can see Havvy beating him. :lol:

Pawlicki can be excused for not being at his best because he is carrying an injury.

Your views on Sweetman are the same as mine on Kosciuch. What's happened?! :shock: The times I've seen him he's been pretty poor but he was flying last night.

Edited by Gemini

There were actually a lot of Bees fans in the stand in various places but I guess we're not included. icon_smile_wink.gif

I never heard it either. The only time there was any reaction from the Peterborough fans was a bit of booing when Chris came out for the re-run of heat 9.

well i was on the back-straight & when the white light came on & KK was still down a loud cheer came from the stand, if we heard it over there a few people must have been wearing ear-mufflers.biggrin.gificon_smile_wink.gif

It shows how fickle some P Boro fans are. All blaming Bjerre

I think you guys should remember he was on a 7.69 average. Only him and Buckz have increased there average allot

Peterborough lost this Semi Final because of Niels Kristian Iversen, Scoring 2pts at Brandon which led to Peterborough losing by 14, If the gap was around 7 or 8 then i can assure you the track would of been normal.

we went for a gamble, it didnt pay off, Stop moaning, Just imagine being Coventry fans at the start or Ipswitch or Easbourne.

Its been a good year but we fell short, Bring next season on and KB and Hans leading the charge :)

~

Your number 1 is there to do a job. Lead from the FRONT.

To not even be able to turn a bike, when in the same race someone posts the track record is the biggest indictment that Bjerre is a very very limited rider who relies more than most on slick tracks and fast engines.

Good riders can adapt to conditions.

The King is dead.

Shocking decion to exclude rory when ok he made half a mistake,but does that now mean any rider in a close racing situation bails out when the rider in front of him lifts,or tweeks the bike the rider in front is excluded? ,I dont think so.The ref was a fair rider in his time so i cant understand his decision.

Anyone who went roughly know the attendance last night?

Shocking decion to exclude rory when ok he made half a mistake,but does that now mean any rider in a close racing situation bails out when the rider in front of him lifts,or tweeks the bike the rider in front is excluded? ,I dont think so.The ref was a fair rider in his time so i cant understand his decision.

Anyone who went roughly know the attendance last night?

Watching the slow motion replay, Harris made the first mistake, started to correct it and was then already on his way down BEFORE Schlein made his mistake.

Absolutely no way in the world that Schlein should have been excluded. Even if you say Harris had to lay it down because he would have collected Rory, then its still Harris to go. Otherwise you would be suggesting that a quicker rider, when behind just has to ride into the guy in front and claim he was going too slow!