British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

Just quick question to peterbourough fans.its our first time going to peterborough,and was wondering,if its ok to take chairs,or do you have to stand up.thanks .tracy xx

it should be fine. Have seen people before with chairs

Tracy, Ive seen many people take chairs in and sit on the grassy knoll on the back straight, or there is the grandstand on the home straight, which you can sit in

Many thanks for your reply. :D didnt want to take them if we cant use them lol.are you going urself?can we win lol?

it should be fine. Have seen people before with chairs

Thank you for your reply.tracy xx :)

Just quick question to peterbourough fans.its our first time going to peterborough,and was wondering,if its ok to take chairs,or do you have to stand up.thanks .tracy xx

Yes you can .. not that your going to need them .. you will be on your feet all night cheering the Bees all the way to the Final B):D

Yes you can .. not that your going to need them .. you will be on your feet all night cheering the Bees all the way to the Final B):D

Thank you.well i certainly hope your right.would be brilliant wouldnt it? :lol::D

Well there will be at least 11 of us going,cant wait.come on you bees :lol::D

Edited by Tracy M

Ipswich fans always used to stand on the back straight - and some took their favourite Foxhall chairs too.

The added advantage of being on the back straight is:

• you get a good view of the riders as the leave the pits, and straight after the race
  • you can all congregate, and be separate from Peatboghorror fans
  • when your team wins, the riders can celebrate with you
  • when your team wins, you can watch the home straight stand steadily emptying out ... :)

Edited by Lovey

If you've never been Tracey you'll love it!! You get close up to the track ( you even get hit by shale)it's sooo fast and the racing is superb!!! most Bees fans go on the back straight, which is where we will be. I did consider taking a camping chair, but If I get tired I'll just plonk myself down on the grass..

Come on the Bees :D

It should be a really good meeting tonight although Peterborough are going to find it very difficult to fight back from the way they threw away what had been a decent performance at Coventry. It is definately possible if they can find their top form as they did both times against Poole this season. They need to not only be great but also lucky as they need to avoid giving Coventry the use of the black and white helmet cover!

As an aside SMS Secure Mildenhall Speedway will be in the bar area before the meeting and during the interval for anyone who wishes to join us or pay for tickets for our speedway race & quiz night on Oct 23rd. Details are available on our thread in the general discussions forum.

Edited by SimonB

So, what sort of track are we going to expect tonight? I would imagine it's going to be slick if he's been telling everyone it's going to be grippy!

From the CET

COVENTRY boss Alun Rossiter insists his side will be ready for anything Peterborough can throw at them in tonight’s crucial play-off semi-final at the Showground.

The Buildbase Bees take a 14-point lead into the second leg clash at a venue where they won during their regular Elite League programme earlier this month.

Post-match talk from the Panthers after last week’s first leg centred around how their late-meeting collapse had been down to their failure to adapt to the track going slick – which hardly tied in with the evidence of Bees skipper Chris Harris using the outside to make passing moves throughout the meeting, including in the very last race.

Peterborough manager Trevor Swales stated their circuit will be made “deep and grippy” for tonight, conditions which would suit several of the Coventry team in any case – but Rossiter is aware Bees could be faced with something completely different.

He said: “We keep hearing about all the scenarios of what the track’s going to be like, but we’ve got a plan for everything. We’re prepared for whatever, and we’ll assess the conditions when we get there.

“Last time we went there they weren’t happy with their own track, I’ve never seen as much tractor racing and even the referee was getting fed up with it, so they can think what they like or play silly games but at the end of the day we’ve got to got there and make sure we don’t lose by 14 or more.

“We’re riding on a high with plenty of confidence, and we kept that going with the win at Swindon on Thursday. But even though we’ve got a 14-point lead it’s still going to be mighty tough and we certainly aren’t counting any chickens.

If you've never been Tracey you'll love it!! You get close up to the track ( you even get hit by shale)it's sooo fast and the racing is superb!!! most Bees fans go on the back straight, which is where we will be. I did consider taking a camping chair, but If I get tired I'll just plonk myself down on the grass..

Come on the Bees :D

Thanks jacques.no we have never been.just normally do home meetings,but because of how we turned the season round,we decided to go.it sounds good.im really looking foward to it. :lol:

come on bees :D

The other advantage is that you will be seen be the Sky cameras - as opposed to the home fans, the huge majority of whom sit in the stand.

Ipswich fans always used to stand on the back straight - and some took their favourite Foxhall chairs too.

The added advantage of being on the back straight is:

• you get a good view of the riders as the leave the pits, and straight after the race
  • you can all congregate, and be separate from Peatboghorror fans
  • when your team wins, the riders can celebrate with you
  • when your team wins, you can watch the home straight stand steadily emptying out ... :)

that sounds good to me, ive never been to an away match before,just normally do home meetings,but cant not do tonite lol.gets a bit expensive when you got 3 kids,but never mind.thanks for your post. :D

come on bees. :D

Ipswich

[*]when your team wins, the riders can celebrate with you

[*]when your team wins, you can watch the home straight stand steadily emptying out ... :)

Not often that you see that in the same post, you must have a good memory as well. When Ippo visit the stand's usually empty from the start as fans save their cash for a decent team at the EoES :P

Edited by Rigsby

Not often that you see that in the same post, you must have a good memory as well. When Ippo visit the stand's usually empty from the start as fans save their cash for a decent team at the EoES :P

But its nice to see an Ipswich fan with a sense of humour, after the last 12 years they have had you certainly do need one.