British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Danish Webmaster

Danish Junior Championship

The Danish Under 21 Riders are having there Championship Finale Sunday in Slangerup.

I think it is a pretty good line-up for this meeting:

1. Kasper Lykke Nielsen

2. Michael Melchiorsen

3. Marc Randrup

4. Patrick Hougaard

5. Michael Jepsen Jensen

6. Klaus Jakobsen

7. Lasse Bjerre

8. Mikkel Michelsen

9. Simon Nielsen

10. Philip Tirsdal

11. Patrick Nørgaard

12. Patrick Bjerregaard

13. Mikkel B Jensen

14. Rene Bach

15. Thomas Jørgensen

16. Jonas B Andersen

------------------------------

Reserve 17. Dennis Spicker

Reserve 18. Mikkel Salomonsen

Only Peter Kildemand and Nicklas Porsing is missing - Kildemand blow the semi-finales, when he had two craches and Nicklas Porsing was not participating in the Semis, when he was on holiday.

The meeting will start at 14.00 (CET) - thats 13.00 UK-time - and there will be live updates at speedway-league.com - you have to look under news - that is "Nyheder" in danish.

My last foreign jaunt for 2010 and it looks like being a really good meeting. Only seen half a dozen of these riders before,especially excited to see Mikkel B Jensen, Mikkel Mickelsen and Simon Nielsen!

My last foreign jaunt for 2010 and it looks like being a really good meeting. Only seen half a dozen of these riders before,especially excited to see Mikkel B Jensen, Mikkel Mickelsen and Simon Nielsen!

It is indeed the definition of excitement!! :blink: I'd have thought you'd have had all the excitement you could muster from our trip out to Iwade last Sunday!!!! :rolleyes:

Well it was thrilling to me, as should tomorrow be,track number 48 for me,Lydd will make it 49 but there i will get stuck until Leicester 2011!!So soon as they announce the date for their opener i will book my chauffer(And no rubbish excuses such as wedding anniversaries please!!).

Just got in from this!!Too knackered to report now but all went down to the 3 unbeaten riders in heat 20 and Jepsen Jensen made the start,Hougaaard fell back, but the immaculate Bach chased MJJ down and took the victory!!

Well after a few hours kip,here's my rundown for what its worth;

First of all a big thank you to danish webmaster and his wife for picking me up from the airport and taking me to the track.

Got there about 11.30 before they offically opened so had plenty of time to mingle with the riders and say hi to legend Erik Gundersen, which made my day.

They over watered the track, with new bowsers, so the 2pm start time didn't materialise, so much coffee was needed to keep me going(2 hours kip the night before).

Got started at around 2.40pm and immediately Hougaard and Jepsen Jensen showed their class by winning the first 2 heats by miles. in heat 3 Patrick Noergaard made a flyer but lost control on the 4th bend and had a really bad smash which ruled him out of the rest of the meeting, hope he's ok.

When Rene Bach won heat 4 easily, the pattern was set, and he Jensen and Hougaard won all their riders from there on in, to take 12 point maximums into the Heat 20 showdown(How come the big guns all ended up in the last heat together??).As i said last night, i think, Bach overtook Jensen on lap 2 to win, Hougaard got pushed wide and never recovered.

For me the real interest was in the riders i hadn't seen before, and of those the stand out for me was 5th place Mikkel B Jensen, only 16 last month, who's 10 points came with real style, showing a great style and good decision making, a superstar in the near future surely!

4th on 11th place was Simon Nielsen, who also fought well and mixed it with the big boys, would clearly do a good job in the PL.Others who showed glimpses of class were home 16 year old Mikkel Michelsen, and Team Viking bound Jonas B Andersen.

Shame i didn't see Noergaard more, dissapointing days for Bjerregaard and Jakobsen, and little Lasse got a solid 10 points.

Future sure looks good for Danish speedway,even more to come after the Rye House winning brigade age.

Got a lift back into Copenhagen from ex Wolves rider, and now Slangerup team manager, Lars Munkedal, with Jan Steachmann as a fellow passenger, so had a good chat about Danish youngsters etc and i will now be cheering Slangerup on Wednesday in their crunch title decider, needing a win to clinch the title, good luck.

Got back to the airport 3 hours before my flight was due, but this turned into a 5 hour wait due to Easy Jet delays, not a great way to end the day but what had gone before made it all worthwhile and the kindness and friendliness of those i met was wonderfull.

No more foreign meetings for me now this year, was due to go to Lodz on Sunday but have cancelled due to the high cost of divorce!! :D