British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Weymouth For Sale

As Phil is only asking for £1, surely someone will buy the Club and stop it going to the wall?

" Bartlett has decided to let the club go for £1 for any prospective purchases taking on the club liabilities, he continued; “I invite anyone to take over the club at a price of £1! Anyone wanting to take over the club from me within 24 hours can do so by contacting me on my mobile or by email. Also by signing a confidentiality agreement a prospective purchaser will then be able to have access to all the accounting procedures that are in place. "

Maybe the club has a fair amount of debt though, Bartlett is simply getting ride of that debt for nothing.

if you would like to buy the club for £1 then the details are there too :wink:

Full details on the Wildcats website

Mod Note: Sections are there for a reason and if Parsloes doesn't get away with duplicate topics it would be rather hypocritical to let you away with it, especially when you try a backhanded sly way of getting round the rules and brag about it in your post.

The club for salefor £1 smacks of desperation! A bargain (but also a bit insulting for Weymouth)

The club for salefor £1 smacks of desperation! A bargain (but also a bit insulting for Weymouth)

Sad as it is to say :cry: Even if you could buy Weymouth speedway for a £1 with No debt you would have to be very brave man

Weymouth Speedway crowds are less than 200 now and that is 250 less than break even You would also have to pay 6 months of rent with no income which is roughly £15,000

So if you also have to take the debts of Weymouth Speedway on god knows how much that is :blink: There are still businesses and people owed from 2009

The outlook is not looking good lets hope for Weymouth speedway sake some new owners come in and deal is done without them having to pay for the mistakes of the past 3 years

Sad as it is to say :cry: Even if you could buy Weymouth speedway for a £1 with No debt you would have to be very brave man

Weymouth Speedway crowds are less than 200 now and that is 250 less than break even You would also have to pay 6 months of rent with no income which is roughly £15,000

So if you also have to take the debts of Weymouth Speedway on god knows how much that is :blink: There are still businesses and people owed from 2009

The outlook is not looking good lets hope for Weymouth speedway sake some new owners come in and deal is done without them having to pay for the mistakes of the past 3 years

Where does this leave the Shareholders? Are they liable for any debts incured or will they simply move with the club if a new owner is found? All very worrying for Wildcats fans, fingers crossed that someone can come in and make a go of the club. It seems a long time ago since Weymouth lifted that League Trophy what a mess.

Jules

Mod Note: Sections are there for a reason and if Parsloes doesn't get away with duplicate topics it would be rather hypocritical to let you away with it, especially when you try a backhanded sly way of getting round the rules and brag about it in your post.

Hmm, leave me out of it...: I wouldn't even pay 50 pence for it!! :rolleyes:

Obviously someone who has an issue with Weymouth Speedway :mad:

Obviously someone who has an issue with Weymouth Speedway :mad:

That could be quite a few people then

That could be quite a few people then

with the apathy on here maybe it will make a great deal of people happy that there will be no more speedway at Weymouth after tomorrow night :mad:

with the apathy on here maybe it will make a great deal of people happy that there will be no more speedway at Weymouth after tomorrow night :mad:

Well I have never heard such a load of rubbish in my life! Even those of us that do not think Mr Bartlett is/was taking the club in the right direction would NEVER want there to be no speedway in Weymouth. If you can name one person that thinks this then I will willingly buy you a pie or pint whichever you prefer. There are lots of people that do not go to Weymouth Speedway because of how they feel about the current promotion, but these people would not want to see it disappear forever and all have valid reasons for not attending. Why would the moderator have an issue with Weymouth speedway? He/she is just doing their job!

Jules

(sits back and awaits the inevitable flack/abuse)

Well I have never heard such a load of rubbish in my life! Even those of us that do not think Mr Bartlett is/was taking the club in the right direction would NEVER want there to be no speedway in Weymouth. If you can name one person that thinks this then I will willingly buy you a pie or pint whichever you prefer. There are lots of people that do not go to Weymouth Speedway because of how they feel about the current promotion, but these people would not want to see it disappear forever and all have valid reasons for not attending. Why would the moderator have an issue with Weymouth speedway? He/she is just doing their job!

Jules

(sits back and awaits the inevitable flack/abuse)

No flack or abuse Jules, simply that if supporters want speedway to continue then they need to show any prospective purchaser that there are supporters out there willing to attend, by staying away it damages these prospects. I know some people who won't attend or are unable to attend while Phil is promoter but there are a great many more who could easily attend for the final meeting to show that Weymouth Speedway could be a viable proposition in 2011.

If you have viewed the Echo website there are a number of people who twist and slag off anything to do with Weymouth Speedway, these posts have generally been removed by the Echo and again this is something that does the club no favors. If people have a gripe with the promoter they should take it up with the promoter instead of trying to be faceless and hard hiding behind a keyboard damaging the club in the media.

Crowds are generally down around the sport, you try and get a bit of publicity and it makes you wonder why you bother with all the hassle that gets put in your way at times, it's a thankless task.

After working for both Brian and Phil as promoters over the years both have their good points and bad points, if you accept all these you can get along and do a job for the club which is what I and many others have been doing this year and for many years to try and keep speedway 'alive' in Weymouth. We don't do it for the good of our pocket, in fact it costs some of us a great deal of time and money to do the various jobs that we do because we love the sport and the 'club' no matter who the promoter is.

Whoever comes in, if anyone does has a big hill to climb, that is a fact as every move they make will be scrutinised on the forums in great depth, again it will be another thankless task and I wish whoever it is as much luck and success as possible and also hope that the supporters come back and support the 'club'.

Thanks for the offer of the pint but I don't drink and I hate pies :P

tim

i think that is a very harsh statement.........and indeed one that also might have a detrimental effect on any possible takeover.

Unfortunatly i dont get down to Weymouth that often now , but i can remember the absolute jubilation that followed the planning consent not that long ago,and the amount of support it generated not only from the local area, but indeed nationwide.

Why has that support dwindled ? the current finacial climate may be to blame but also sadly an average team (the league position proving that point),complaints about track conditions, lack of facilities,eg bar and toilets.. has not helped.

Ime not sure who you refer to when you mention "a great deal of people" but ime certain the vast amount of people who supported the club through the gate when it re-opened post Brian White..would do so again under the right circumstances.

What would be sad is to see all the work put in by Jem Dicken, Rob Spicer, John Hawkins, Ray Collins, Julie Martin, Nick White...and also Phil, along with countless volunteers become a fruitless exercise only a few short years later.

Edited by weymouth alicat

It really does seem the time for Weymouth fans to show they will support the Club in the future by making positive comments and going along tomorrow. All this negative stuff can only harm the chances of a potential buyer.

I hope even those who have an issue with Phil Bartlett go along tomorrow and show there is a Club worth saving.