British Speedway Forum
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Buxton Hitmen Sunday 26th September 6.30pm

Congrats to the Hitmen - does this means we're Premier Trophy Champs? Buxton really deserve some silverware after all the hard work they've done at the this level. :approve:

track was good, great too watch under floodlights. well done to the hitmen a far stronger side at this level than the hornets, easy win as i expected, all the hitmen were good,

highlights were kurtz's & newmans wins over cook

full credit to the hitmen though great side theyv put together, treble will easily be won

Could someone please put the scorers from the meeting on here so I can update the Buxton Facebook Page - Thanks on advance. :)

I think

BUXTON ARE THE NATIONAL TROPHY CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

Up to and including

Sunday, September 26, 2010

M 3W 2W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts

1 Buxton 8 4 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 397 342 20

2 Isle of Wight 8 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 375 357 15

3 Newport 7 2 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 322 316 13

4 Weymouth 7 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 2 290 335 7

5 Plymouth 8 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 4 343 377 5

Newport can only score 16 points by beating Weymouth by more than 7 points

Seems as buxton were too strong for newport on the night! At least no one got hurt though :) track looked good and the floodlights too

I'm sorry if I was appearing to go over the top, but having followed the Hitmen for some time, it's a real bonus to find out we have won the National Trophy.

Commiserations to Newport, especially with their injury troubles, but I'm sure you will be more than a match for Kings Lynn and Bournemouth in your respective semi finals.

I'm sorry if I was appearing to go over the top, but having followed the Hitmen for some time, it's a real bonus to find out we have won the National Trophy.

I didnt think you went over the top....i think most sensible newport fans would know that buxton deserve some success & have a far stronger side at this level

Commiserations to Newport, especially with their injury troubles, but I'm sure you will be more than a match for Kings Lynn and Bournemouth in your respective semi finals.

Sorry to pour cold water on the Buxton celebrations but regulation 16.4.1 of the 2010 Speedway Reegulations states that the National Trophy is a Home and Away competition with the top 2 teams meeting on a Home and Away basis in the final.

Therefore if Newport beat Weymouth in the NT, Bournemouth in the play-off and Kings Lynn in the KOC together with Buxton beating Dudley in the Play-off and KOC, then there is the prospect that Buxton and Newport will meet a further 6 times this season

There wasn't a Final last year (don't think there has ever been one but I stand to be corrected). The final score was 37-55 BTW

Edited by Neil H

Reading the BSPA site, the Trophy appears to be decided on each team meeting each other Home and Away once only. Don't remember them having a Final before.

The other problem is when do Buxton and Newport fit all these matches in?

I can see furrows develping on the roads between Buxton and Newport as the riders, officials and fans wear out the surfaces between the venues as it is :D

Reading the BSPA site, the Trophy appears to be decided on each team meeting each other Home and Away once only. Don't remember them having a Final before.

I can see furrows develping on the roads between Buxton and Newport as the riders, officials and fans wear out the surfaces between the venues as it is :D

Maybe we could have triple headers

Maybe we could have triple headers

One up on Tasmanians, they only have Two!

Sorry to pour cold water on the Buxton celebrations but regulation 16.4.1 of the 2010 Speedway Reegulations states that the National Trophy is a Home and Away competition with the top 2 teams meeting on a Home and Away basis in the final.

Therefore if Newport beat Weymouth in the NT, Bournemouth in the play-off and Kings Lynn in the KOC together with Buxton beating Dudley in the Play-off and KOC, then there is the prospect that Buxton and Newport will meet a further 6 times this season

There wasn't a Final last year (don't think there has ever been one but I stand to be corrected). The final score was 37-55 BTW

Not to my knowledge and certainly nothing on the minutes from the AGM concerning a change in how the competition is run. It has always been a winner takes all comp but Im sure we'll find out in due course.