British Speedway Forum
stressed

Wildcats Vikings Cancelled

WILDCATS VIKINGS CANCELLED

By Weymouth Speedway ~ Friday 1st October 2010

Weymouth Weyline Wildcats final 2010 track action at the Wessex Stadium as a team was due to take place tomorrow [saturday 2nd] but club chairman Phil Bartlett has been advised this morning by the BSPA that the meeting cannot take place due to the re-staging of the National League Fours competition tomorrow at Rye House Speedway.

The International challenge against the Team Viking side was to be slotted into the Wildcats off race night with the Vikings due to return home shortly as they are unable to ride next week.

Next shale action is Friday 8th when a training school 7.00pm to 9.30pm with an individual meeting planned for Friday 15th, details to be announced shortly.

WILDCATS VIKINGS CANCELLED

By Weymouth Speedway ~ Friday 1st October 2010

Weymouth Weyline Wildcats final 2010 track action at the Wessex Stadium as a team was due to take place tomorrow [saturday 2nd] but club chairman Phil Bartlett has been advised this morning by the BSPA that the meeting cannot take place due to the re-staging of the National League Fours competition tomorrow at Rye House Speedway.

WHY..??!! :shock::unsure:

The National League Fours is a shared event and as such is protected. As with the EL/PL teams are not allowed to compete against the event.

WHY..??!! :shock::unsure:

Quite, my thoughts exactly :blink:

As Weymouth are not involved and no where near Rye House would it really detract from the Rye House gate take, I think not somehow, just another nail going in :mad:

Quite, my thoughts exactly :blink:

As Weymouth are not involved and no where near Rye House would it really detract from the Rye House gate take, I think not somehow, just another nail going in :mad:

seems ludicrous to me, should be no problem with this meeting going ahead, it will not affect a thing at rye.

How ironic is that Fours & NLRC now postponed,

wonder if Mr BSPA would have the balls to allow the Wildcats /Team Viking meeting to continue now ?

I know where i would kindly tell him to go!

The National League Fours is a shared event and as such is protected. As with the EL/PL teams are not allowed to compete against the event.

so how does that "RULE" now stand with the rearranged date clashing with elrc,"A SHARED EVENT"

so how does that "RULE" now stand with the rearranged date clashing with elrc,"A SHARED EVENT"

I know rules are rules but seeing as the vikings are only here for a short while it would seem sensible to let it run, but then i guess you bend the rules for one its unfair on others. Its currently dry and sunny in weymouth but whether it will stay like that remains to be seen!

The protection only applies to the same league. Have a look at the PL fixtures and see if there were any matches run in the PL against the PLRC and PL Fours but there were NL fixtures as is permitted.