British Speedway Forum
keef

Leigh Adams Farewell 17/10 In England

To be fair i don't give a crap about the line up ..as Long Is Leigh is there who cares ? thats what the days about .

Spot on...will be a big west country turn-out at the Abbey in the sunshine.Crumpie would have ridden but he's had arm op.Not a bad line-up as half have ridden in the Grand Prix, but obviously a few won't bother going as not as good a line-up as the Bob Kilby Memorial meeting...Nicki P. Crumpie Lindgren Sayfutinov etc.,

To be fair i don't give a crap about the line up ..as Long Is Leigh is there who cares ? thats what the days about .

thank you orion....

cant believe people are moaning about it being a poor line-up, what the hell do people think the day is all about? watching a gp meeting or saluting one of the greatest riders ever to grace british speedway??!

sure, having a field full of national league riders (no disrespect to them) would be wierd, but its not, its still a competitive lineup and im sure they'll put on a show. Leigh probably could have asked more or less the entire gp field, but what would that have meant to him? probably not much. instead he's going out having fun with some old mates and people that respect him.

im going just to see leigh take his final few laps round blunsdon, saying thanks for his years of immaculate service nothing else. im pretty sure thats why 10000 fans (including me), showed up on a sunny afternoon in leszno last week.

Neither do i mate. Just popping down the road to pay homage to a great sportsman.

Neither do i mate. Just popping down the road to pay homage to a great sportsman.

Not going myself, only so many meetings I can do and to be honest I don't fancy this one, no disrespect to Leigh, in fact I have sent a couple of prints with Rosco so maybe they can be signed and sold. Hope it all goes well.

Updates on this meeting available Here

holta no show it seems, i cant see his names on updates site

holta no show it seems, i cant see his names on updates site

Strange how none of the riders who don't compete in Britain have bothered to turn up (Brian Karger excepted). Without wanting to insult the riders who are competing the line-up isn't much of a finale for a man who's a British League legend. It certainly wouldn't entice me to spend £20 plus petrol money. Would much rather have remembered Leigh racing his final matches representing Swindon in meaningful meetings at Wolverhampton (on Monday) and Peterborough (last night).

Excellent night for Leigh, large crowd and 6 wins out of 6 for Leigh, a great way to sign off a superb 22 year career. A tremendous servant for Swindon, never let them down.

Strange how none of the riders who don't compete in Britain have bothered to turn up (Brian Karger excepted).

And Shawn McConnell. The ones who matter to Swindon fans were there. Anyone who sees fit to try and have a pop at this meeting can go stuff themselves as far as I'm concerned.

And Shawn McConnell. The ones who matter to Swindon fans were there. Anyone who sees fit to try and have a pop at this meeting can go stuff themselves as far as I'm concerned.

ohhhhh keep ya knickers on

nobody was having a pop, we was saying its a shame that a few riders had to pull out, it was about leigh adams we know that, we hope he had a top day and good luck to him for the future

Edited by Phil The Ace

fitting end to the british career of a true legend.good luck for the future leigh and thanks for your loyalty to british speedway

Good to see Chris riding so well today. Must add my best wishes to the man they call mr Clean and one of the most professional riders ive ever seen.

All the very best Leigh, in whatever you do and wherever you go.

And no i didn't go, i went fishing!!

Edited by Starman2006