British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Buxton Hitmen 05/10

I have been watching/following speedway for ni on 50 years now, seen most if not all since the Fundin, Briggo era, and my own Heathens from Ivor through to Billy, Jason Garrity reminds me of The young Kenny Carter, yes he is full of youthful exhuberance, but he has the what you cant learn, a NATURAL ability to ride and race, ALL what i will say, is if CVS is not running around trying to sign him for The Wolves i will be absolutely amazed, YES i would love to see him in MY teams colours for next season.

Well done Buxton, the better all round Team.

id love to see garrity as a heathen next year but will he last a full season.excited talented but reckless.lets hope he calms down just a touch.you carnt improve if your sitting in a hospital bed.

Quote Bruno

you carnt improve if your sitting in a hospital bed

Yes i agree, he has natural ability,a 15 year olds enthusiasm, unlimited aggression, and above all HE wants to win, The only thing he has to learn is "patience" and what he most probably doesnt realise he has Sooooooooo much ability,that he can just wait for the right moment to go past, rather than trying to do it all in 1 bend or 1 lap, yes if its the last lap or last bend then go for it by all means.

Yes i would love to see him in a Heathens race jacket next year, jeez which team would,nt, YES we gave him some stick at Monmore <probably gee,s him up even more>, and most probably up at Buxton over the next two weeks, but we did exactly the same thing to Kenny Carter, we support OUR Heathens Team, and see Jason as a potential threat to our winning these meetings, so he should take this as it is meant, and realise it is a COMPLIMENT to him.

Their is no doudt that Jason Garrity is the most exciting prospect this season in the WORLD OF ENGLISH SPEEDWAY.

Be he a raw talent or not,he must be admired.

Having watched his progress over the last several years, he must be given credit.

Yes his over exhuberance does warrant caution, but he wants it more than any other UK rider.

Hats off to the lad and lets get behind him, love him or loave him he`s English.

What do you people want?

Jason Garrity clearly has lots of talent and bags of enthusiasm coupled with an awful lot of 'attitude' and it was all on show at MG on Tuesday.

Yes he'll go a long way in the sport but lets hope he doesn't come up against some of the more shall we say 'uncompromising' opposition too soon. All competitors need to respect one another and we've all seen what happens when the line gets crossed and his 'youthful exuberance' maybe gets misconstrued.

Good luck for your future career Jason but remember not to upset too many people on the way up.

9.11.93 according to buxton

The BSPA site has 94 but the Buxton one would make more sense in terms of his riding history. Plus you'd expect his own club to know!

The BSPA site has 94 but the Buxton one would make more sense in terms of his riding history. Plus you'd expect his own club to know!

Jason is 17 in November.