British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Buxton Hitmen 05/10

Tonight he didn't knock anyone off. The ref said he discluded him for "being out of control and putting the other riders on edge", so basically if someone passes you, throw your bike down and the rider will be excluded for passing.

Before you Heathens say he did knock Ashley off, the ref said he didn't. :P

Clipped Morris and caused fall, took Perry's leg away and caused fall (a barely credible all four back), careered into Branford (who managed to dodge him the first time :) ) and also shunted into Dyer. T-boned Branford at Monmore in the cup, too, on the last bend of a comfortable home 5-1.

Big talent. But wild.

I've heard young Garrity being compared to great names of the past, i.e. Craven, Briggs and Carter. The one thing that I know these three have in common was that I did not see any of them ride "in the flesh". :sad: However, I know enough speedway history to think that if Jason comes anywhere near them he is a pretty good rider.

Only time I've seen Garrity in action was August Bank Holiday ay Scunthorpe. He was quick and very determined, and made the inside line work at the EWR like no other rider I've seen there (PL or NL). His attitude and demeanour on the bike would best be described as "excitable". He is still at the early stage of learning his trade and is not as polished aperformer as, say, Tai was at that age.

A rough diamond, certainly. If he gets good advice and knuckles down/stays focused he is potentially the best Britsh prospect I've seen in the last three years.

Great result for us in first leg and hopefully now can move into the final and secure the title and add that to Trophy cabinet in what has been a great season so far.

I think the whole thread can be summed up in the two words used by Exiled Cuda - 'rough diamond'.

I just hope for Jason's sake and the sake of British speedway that someone can hone the talent that is clear for all to see and not to let him fall by the wayside like so many before him.

I would love to see him at number 7 for Sheffield next year. I think Squall might agree?

took Perry's leg away and caused fall (a barely credible all four back)

Jason never moved his line. What was he supposed to do? Wave everyone past him? It was classic 1st bend bunching. Take the blinkers off.

I would love to see him at number 7 for Sheffield next year. I think Squall might agree?

I think Squall might :D

Just out of curiosity, how old is Jason Garrity?

I am presuming he is around 16, 17 if he has been competing with Ashley Morris for a few years at Under 15 level

DOB 9.11.94

DOB 9.11.94

I seem to remember that he rode for Buxton at Mildenhall last season, meaning he was only 14 at the time.

Jason never moved his line. What was he supposed to do? Wave everyone past him? It was classic 1st bend bunching. Take the blinkers off.

No blinkers involved; have already praised Garrity's ability. He didn't have to wave Perry past owing to the slight but telling detail that Perry was already ahead.

No blinkers involved; have already praised Garrity's ability. He didn't have to wave Perry past owing to the slight but telling detail that Perry was already ahead.

From my angle (1st bend) they were side by side, neither of them refused to back down and the made contact with Perry sliding off. Can only praise both for going in 100% rather than "wimping out". Both riders have one hell of a future :)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one lol

Cheers B)

So the lads only 15, looks like he could be a gem :wink:

Time to send him Downunder for a season.

From my angle (1st bend) they were side by side, neither of them refused to back down and the made contact with Perry sliding off. Can only praise both for going in 100% rather than "wimping out". Both riders have one hell of a future :)

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one lol

I was probably about 20/30 yards to your left and could see daylight between the two as they committed to the turn. I felt instinctively at that moment that Garrity would bring Perry down and, sure enough...

I feel that Garrity, in that admitted split-second of decision, knew that if he continued to attack he would risk contact with Perry but duly ploughed on (as you do at 15).

No worries on agreeing to differ. Next time we'll have to stand side by side for an identical viewing angle and you can borrow my blinkers. B)

You might want to take yours off mate. Almost everybody, even a Buxton fan on Updates, agrees that he's reckless. To answer your question - When beaten to a corner you are supposed to shut the throttle and accept you were beaten to it, not plough into people (even a team mate) regardless. He clearly has the pace and ability to pass people safely, just not the patience.