British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2011 Season

I have been told that all 9 Elitserien teams will be featured at least once in the 5 opening TV meetings of the season. Can't remember the other 4 meetings, but I have a list at work so could possibly post those on Tuesday.

Finally, I have been able to remember to post some additional information about the TV schedule for the opening rounds in Sweden. On the team's joint press conference on April 19th, the following five meetings were listed:

May 3rd, Elit Vetlanda - Piraterna

May 10th, Dackarna - Vargarna

May 17th, Hammarby - Dackarna

May 24th, Valsarna - Indianerna

May 31st, Västervik - Lejonen

All of these are live meetings on Canal+ Sport 1, with the exception of the May 17th meeting that will be broadcasted on TV4 Sport.

Sorry for question, but was there some kind of revolution in Sweden? No more 16 heats, just 15. No more 8 riders, just 7?

Sorry for question, but was there some kind of revolution in Sweden? No more 16 heats, just 15. No more 8 riders, just 7?

yes that is correct. this info is also listed in the first post ;)

The reason is cost saving.

If there is Elitserien action next Tuesday, it looks like Vetlanda will be without Janusz Kolodziej as he takes a week off starting immediately after the Gothenburg GP:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2SUNC_enGB359%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/12/kolodziej-odpocznie-od-zuzla/&usg=ALkJrhgqeTef9RhFFMHVwkXHRoZzQAe6Zg

Leszno are hoping he'll be able to ride against Zielona Gora on 22 May 2011.

If there is Elitserien action next Tuesday, it looks like Vetlanda will be without Janusz Kolodziej as he takes a week off starting immediately after the Gothenburg GP:

http://translate.goo...VwkXHRoZzQAe6Zg

Leszno are hoping he'll be able to ride against Zielona Gora on 22 May 2011.

Kolodziej will be replaced by PK and Balinski is rumoured to be replaced by Martin Vaculik.

Piraterna gave signed Ryan Fischer to replace Rafal Dobrucki.

This is dependent on that Ryan will get a work permit from the Swedish immigration authorities.

A work permit or rather the lack of one have so far prevented Daniel Ivanov from making his debute

for the Norrköping based Allsvenskan team, Avantia.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Sorry for question, but was there some kind of revolution in Sweden

Yes Vicar, take a look at the first page of the topic and everything is described in details.

today it is 35 years since Smedernas Tommy Jansson's fatal crash at Gubbängen.

read more here: http://www.ikarossmederna.nu/?page=news&newsid=1958

Sad, sad, sad. Still brings a tear to my eye when i read your link. Thank you for posting it. In a sad way it makes us realise that these guys we admire so much risk their lives every time they go out on the track. R.I.P. Tommy. Respectfully. Alan.

I saw Tommy race at Wimbledon the week before that tragic and fatal accident.

He was in brilliant form that night. He even beat Dave Jessup in the Golden Helmet match race 2-1, using Wimbledon junior Ian Williams bike, after his own bike broke down, in the first leg.

He then went and won the Malboro Southern Riders Qualfuing Round, with a maximum 15 point score. This is how I remember him at his brilliant best.

Wimbledon speedway was never the same, after that night. :cry:

Smederna's Linus Eklöf is injured after a crash two days ago. A dislocated elbow means three weeks with his arm in a cast.

Linus will miss about a month of racing. This means that LInus probably will miss the back to back meetings with Avantia in the end (23rd &30th) of June.

http://ekuriren.se/sport/speedway/1.1073816-linus-gipsad-efter-vurpa

A few questions for either/both Anders and Ghostwalker.

I posted on the Elite League section ( more fool me!) totally innocently, 4 of the team line ups for Tuesday's meetings, just to show that Pawlicki and Chris Harris were down to ride. First replies were that any of these teams would wipe the floor with UK Elite teams and then morphed off into attendances in Poland and Sweden and then "I know that Leigh Adams didn't get paid by Lejonen" and "I've heard there is a salary cap for next season" and who knows what else to come?

I have no intention of responding outside this very civilised and friendly section so i hope you two can fill us in as best you can.

1. Are the clubs in Sweden community owned and supported, or by an individual owner?

2. Do the clubs own or rent the stadiums?

3. Do the clubs get the income from concession/ food/parking/programme sales?

4. Have there been any verifiable instances in the last year or two of riders not getting paid?

5. Is there discussion of a salary cap for next year?

6. What is the admission for an Ellitserien meeting in kroners/ pounds equivalent ?

7. Why does the attendance not seem to suffer too much when a meeting is televised?

8. Why do i love watching Swedish meetings on a Tuesday? :lol::lol:

Look forward to hearing what everyone has to say, particularly our two informed and nice guides.

Kindest regards. Alan.