British Speedway Forum

Looking at the long range forecast its not looking good, lets hope theyve got it wrong or the only winner here will be Mr Rain

It must be getting Bordernaplis as its freezing.Berwick seems to have a weather system all of its own at times,I will put a weather update on here closer to race day.

It will keep at least one person happy. :unsure:

Berwick speedway boss John Anderson is currently in the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, recovering from a cardiac double by-pass operation -- but yesterday he was surprising pulled back into the shale-shifting world!

“My phone went off beside me, and it turned out to be Polish rider Tomasz Piszcz on the line -- from his home in Lublin!

“I know Tomasz quite well, and he was calling me – he didn’t know I was in here -- to ask if there was any chance of his coming over and racing in Saturday’s Bordernapolis!”

Unfortunately for the enthusiastic little Pole, John had to tell him the event was already over-subscribed, but assured him Berwick will always be pleased to see him again at any time – maybe next time?

As previously reported, the club are awaiting news of the Scunthorpe/Workington semi-final tonight (Friday) to find out which club’s riders will be at the Bordernapolis on Saturday.

“We will see either David Howe and Tero Aarnio of Scunthorpe or Chris Schramm and Peter Kildemand from Workington – whichever club loses out, their guys will be here!” said Berwick manager Ian Rae.

The amended line is confirmed as:

Aaron Summers (Birmingham & Australia), Lee Complin (Berwick & England), Rory Schlein (Peterborough & Australia), Magnus Karlsson (Scunthorpe & England), Borys Miturski (Poland), Ty Proctor (Wolverhampton & Australia, Grzegorz Strózyk (Berwick & Poland), Ryan Fisher (Edinburgh & USA), Paul Clews (Berwick & England), Tero Aarnio (Scunthorpe & Finland) OR Peter Kildemand (Workington & Denmark), James Wright (Belle Vue & England), Nicklas Porsing (Denmark), Joe Haines (Redcar & England), Travis McGowan (Glasgow & Australia), David Howe (Scunthorpe & England) OR Chris Schramm (Workington & England), Shane Parker (Somerset & Australia), plus reserves Tamas Sike (Hungary) and Greg Blair (Scotland)..

The event is sponsored for 2010 by the Cornhill Village Shop and Coffee Shop, which is operated by former Bandits’ co-owner Lynda Waite and her family.

The winners’ awards on Saturday will be presented by Lynda and her sister Julie Jones.

Shame we couldn't fit Tomasz in the meeting. He'd be great to watch coming off a handicap start.

LATE NEWS OF BORDERNAPOLIS CHANGE OF LINE UP.

Unfortunately Tero Aarnio, even though Scunthorpe have made their exit from the Young Shield, cannot make the Bordernapolis 2010 at Berwick (7.00pm) on Saturday ---- BUT

Coming into his place in top Aussie from Birmingham - JASON LYONS!

Not a bad swap !!!

Its been a very wet and windy night in Berwick overnight and right now (8-45am) the rain continues to fall.The forecast for later isnt great,this rain will move away as the day goes on,it then should be a fairly dry but still with the risk of a shower or two.

Hopefully we have seen the worst of the rain overnight, because my god it rained!! Very wet atm but has stopped raining so fingers crossed we don't get anymore sustained periods of rain throughout the day.

Hopefully we have seen the worst of the rain overnight, because my god it rained!! Very wet atm but has stopped raining so fingers crossed we don't get anymore sustained periods of rain throughout the day.

Shielfield has a good reputation of being a good draining track and we have lost very few meetings over the last few seasons due to waterlogging,but as you say theres been alot of rain overnight and after the rain we had yesterday morning,more rain is not what we need.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who will be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm (I am going to the Ipswich Dinner dance tonight, leaving at around 6 ish, so sooner rather than later would be handy!)

Thanks

Things have brightened up quite a bit in the last couple of hours,the clouds are higher and theres been no more rain.

Things have brightened up quite a bit in the last couple of hours,the clouds are higher and theres been no more rain.

The meeting is most certainly ON. The track has drained very nicely, and is in good shape.

The postponement of Berwick Rangers Reserve game this afternoon, gives more opportunity to get the track into excellent shape.

Jason Lyons and Peter Kildemand are the riders who make up the sixteen.

Lyons, Kildemand, Clews, Complin, Strozyk, Miturski, Porsing, Parker, Schlein, McGowan, Fisher, Haines, Proctor, Summers, Wright, Karlsson. reserves Sike & Blair

sunshine at moment hope it lasts

Still need a texter...anyone?

Anybody got any updates please?

Can't find any as yet.

Anybody got any updates please?

1st-Lee Complin,2nd-Ryan Fisher,3rd-Jason Lyons.Might remember more if I ever thaw out.