British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Just a little sick of the unbelievable arrogance coming from many Coventry fans over the last few days.

Why couldn't Coventry have faced us fair and square? Were they afraid we would see them off it they had Pawlicki in the team?

Were they afraid we would win up there so doctored the track and turned it into slush. They had time to sort their track out all afternoon but just dumped shale on top of the wet stuff and made the first leg into a joke.

Were they afraid their 4.92 team average advantage over Poole was not enough? Why couldn't they have been honorable and faced up to us fair and square?

Sure there's many on here who love to see Poole fail, especially after amassing a 26 point lead over Coventry in the league section. Every neutral would have been baying for the under dog. But the under dog was actually Poole.

Well done Coventry.

CHAMPIONS LOL

Just a little sick of the unbelievable arrogance coming from many Coventry fans over the last few days.

Why couldn't Coventry have faced us fair and square? Were they afraid we would see them off it they had Pawlicki in the team?

Were they afraid we would win up there so doctored the track and turned it into slush. They had time to sort their track out all afternoon but just dumped shale on top of the wet stuff and made the first leg into a joke.

Were they afraid their 4.92 team average advantage over Poole was not enough? Why couldn't they have been honorable and faced up to us fair and square?

Sure there's many on here who love to see Poole fail, especially after amassing a 26 point lead over Coventry in the league section. Every neutral would have been baying for the under dog. But the under dog was actually Poole.

Well done Coventry.

A few tears trickling down the face Steve when you were writing this

I've read your post, links and previous posts on the forum and have come to the conclusion you are right Steve. The pivotal comment is this one by no other than Roscoe himself:-

Bees will complete their regular Elite League programme at Swindon tomorrow, although Rossiter hinted that young Pole Przemyslaw Pawlicki may miss out, having required further treatment after Monday’s meeting in which he came up with two more big race wins.

Rossiter added: “He’s still struggling with that arm, we’ll see how he feels this week but if he’s not right then I might rest him on Thursday.

“The play-offs are the vitally important meetings and I have to make sure everyone is right for them. He’s a kingpin for us at reserve and we must have him fit for Monday.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-warwickshire-sport/coventry-bees-speedway/coventry-bees-news/2010/09/15/alun-rossiter-in-awe-of-chris-harris-92746-27272454/2/#ixzz12MS8ssxw

Thanks for taking the time to go look for it Tocha. Completely vindicates what I have been saying.

The case rest's M'lud. :D

Wolverhampton supporters who were at the track at the time watching them do it !!!!!!!!!!!

But the gates did'nt open till 6 oclock did they

Thats what i was told yes ,they would open at 6pm.

However, Joe is in the same situation as Josh Auty is in.

In the Premier League he has averaged 7.49 while Auty has averaged 7.78 .... take the 2.5% deduction and next season as doubling up riders or full time, they will carry 3.65 and 3.79 EL averages.

I had to tell you a dozen times last season, I've told you once this season already but Josh will be a 3 in the EL as he has raced over 12 meetings and averaged marginally over 3, with a reduction he is back down to 3.

Thanks for taking the time to go look for it Tocha. Completely vindicates what I have been saying.

What case does it prove? We all know Shamek wasn't there.

Edited by SCB

Absolutely. Pawlicki absence so he could only ride 11 of the 14 meetings was an absolute joke and the reason why Coventry are viewed with derision by the majority of EL promotions.

Coventry fans and the usual Pole bashers might think its all good, but the majority of fair minded speedway fans know Coventry conned their way to the title by streching the rules past breaking point.

A hollow victory and a sad day for the sport when a rider on an assessed average is managed to be used at reserve through missing over half of his programmed meetings.

At least us Poole fans can hold our heads high in the knowledge we used the same 1-7 throughout the season. We didn't have to manipulate the teams average down to fit KK into the side in place of Sitera, which made the combined average of the Coventry team nearly 5 points stronger than every other team in the league.

A Championship for Coventry but one which will be viewed with utter distain by real speedway fans, and will no doubt bvring around rule changes so this mullarkey doesn't happen again.

Holy smoke, this load of old tosh really takes the biscuit!

A rider can be replaced for any meeting by the No8 rider, what bit of that is not clear to you?? :rolleyes:

Also there is no special prize for keeping the same 1-7 all year :blink:

Nice to see your bitter streak has been refreshed by your holiday :D

Shouldn't that be MUD lord.in Coventrys case!! So im to take it Powlicki will go out on Loan next season, on that 4 pt average?. Matts write up was spot on in the programme last night, and 5 other promoters not happy either can't be right, surely!! :shock::blink:

An interesting column from Matt Ford in last nights Poole program.

"Finally, and most importantly, the last thing I want to do is rain on Coventrys celebration parade in 48 hours time at Brandon, but I would like to draw attention to the following important fact.

On September 13th, their key reserve Pawlicki was in fine fettle scoring 7 points in Bees semi-final first leg against Peterborough.

A week latter he was in the Bees side bagging another 5 rides at Peterborough in the playoff semi-final second leg.

However, in between these meetings, Coventry had a league meeting at Swindon on September 16th, a match that would have seen Pawlicki reach 12 meetings for an official average running after 11 meetings at 6.18.

This would have seen Pawlicki promoted into the Bees top five for both legs of the Playoff final and also providing his actual average for next year.

But here's the thing. Pawlicki suffed an injury preventing him from riding at Swindon. it ruled him unfit to ride at Swindon, but fit enough for the playoff meetings.

So he remained on an assessed 4 point average - and was avalable to drip feed the Coventry management to use at reserve for both legs of the final. Pawlicki scored 26 points compared to Sweetmans 6 over 30 heats.

Would it have been different had Pawlicki been inthe team with Sweetman at reerve? We will never know. But it would have been nice to have had the oportunity to face Bees in the right riing order.

All I know is I have had 5 fellow Elite Legue promoters contact me voicing their concerns over his inclusion at reserve. I'll leave you all to form your own opinions about how we feel over the whole matter."

END.

The fact that Pawlicki rode in POland (and won the meeting) but was too injured to ride for Coventry at Swindon looks like it's going to come back and bite him and Coventry on the bum. With 6 EL promoters far from happy with the manipulation that has taken place, and the fact that every rider has to have his average for 2011 rattified at the bSPA conference, it's not looking good for Pawlicki and Coventry teams building plans in 2011.

Parhaps Rosco made a mistake in saying that Pawlicki ws "injured and not fit to ride at Swindon". He was certainly fit enough to win an individual in Poland.

At the end of the day, if any rider has not had his average re-assessed due to lack of meetings I can't really see a problem - all clubs do it.

More of a problem re team building is Poole getting Darcy, Artur, Watt and Madsen on low averages which helped them to the top of the league prior to the play-offs. In the same vein we have Janowski on 5.00 for next season, when he has already proved to be far better than that. In order to have a competitive league, it would nice if such anomolies were not allowed !

Although it would be complicated, perhaps a riders average should be calculated on his top 75% rides and increase the team building average by 25% to compensate - this would hopefully prevent Poole at Swindon last year and Glasgow at Edinburgh this year. Additionally, although I would like to see the points limit for next season set by the average of the team that came top of the league (Poole), perhaps it should be for cost reasons, the average of the fifth team....if the team building average remains as it is for next year, the EL gets watered down even further. You just have to look at the Swedish League to see that there are heats where anyone can win, over here, it is too often two races.

Finally, there must be some sort of squad system introduced, too many meetings include six man teams and/or guests which has caused me to miss a few meetings this year (more than I would have liked)..

That's all...

Where did you get that information from?

It was common knowledge quite a few people saw them watering the track two hrs before kick off ;) Is your Curator a farmer by any chance? He should have been off milking bleedin cows not trying his worst to prepare a track!!

Edited by Starman2006

Actual Rossiter response:

http://www.coventrymotorspeedway.com/news.php?extend.1411

Sounds quite plausible - indeed, as plausible as anything that's come out of Poole for 20-odd years.

Shovlar - there was nothing wrong with the Coventry track, it's called speedway and requires skill and throttle control. Ipswich used to be like that every week, but now they've scraped the barrel with a load of gating tarts it's a slick as your sales patter :D

Edited by Lovey

oh of course they will Sir J but only one team will get him.................................................. and guess where he's been practicing.icon_smile_approve.gif

icon_cry.gif latest rumours suggest he's coventry bound

It was common knowledge quite a few people saw them watering the track two hrs before kick off ;) Is your Curator a farmer by any chance? He should have been off milking bleedin cows not trying his worst to prepare a track!!

We won you lost.........................................get used to it, it aint changing now. :approve:

It was common knowledge quite a few people saw them watering the track two hrs before kick off wink.gif Is your Curator a farmer by any chance? He should have been off milking bleedin cows not trying his worst to prepare a track!!

no they didn't, there we're no fans in the stadium hours before, i can state that as fact as i was.

Shouldn't that be MUD lord.in Coventrys case!! So im to take it Powlicki will go out on Loan next season, on that 4 pt average?. Matts write up was spot on in the programme last night, and 5 other promoters not happy either can't be right, surely!! :shock::blink:

Funny thing is, because Pawlicki has yet to ride 12 meetings, he is not a Coventry asset. And with all this "he is definately a 4 pointer for 2011", wouldn't it be really funny if Matt called him up and he signed for Pirates as a reseve for 2011.

Now that really would be funny. And completely possible. :D Go get him Matt. :approve:

Edited by Steve Shovlar