British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Actual Rossiter response:

http://www.coventrymotorspeedway.com/news.php?extend.1411

Sounds quite plausible - indeed, as plausible as anything that's come out of Poole for 20-odd years.

Shovlar - there was nothing wrong with the Coventry track, it's called speedway

You call that speedway, you are having a real laugh, that was not speedway, that was a bloody discrace. Your management and curator should be bloody ashamed of themselves for that presentation.

What you saw a poole the following week was PROPER speedway, even Tatum said so, and i can't stand the bloke!!

I would love to see a meeting between the two same teams on a Netural well prepared track, then lets see what the result would be!!!

Edited by Starman2006

Funny thing is, because Pawlicki has yet to ride 12 meetings, he is not a Coventry asset. And with all this "he is definately a 4 pointer for 2011", wouldn't it be really funny if Matt called him up and he signed for Pirates as a reseve for 2011.

Now that really would be funny. And completely possible. :D Go get him Matt. :approve:

Far more likely that we would have two Pawlickis next year than you lot having one!! ;)

If its not the track, or false averages that Mr Shovlar is moaning about then its something else, his latest outburst is that eastbourne are being unfair to the poole fans by having there home leg of the ko cup (which shovlar has said is a pointless trophy) start at 5pm. He is spitting his dummy out just like ward does and says it should start at 3pm so the poole fans have time to get home and get the kids in bed early ready for school the next day. It has not crossed his mind yet that poole are holding there leg on a wed night at 7:30pm.Its about time that poole fans didnt think that the speedway world revolves around them.

Why couldn't Coventry have faced us fair and square? Were they afraid we would see them off it they had Pawlicki in the team?

Were they afraid we would win up there so doctored the track and turned it into slush. They had time to sort their track out all afternoon but just dumped shale on top of the wet stuff and made the first leg into a joke.

Were they afraid their 4.92 team average advantage over Poole was not enough? Why couldn't they have been honorable and faced up to us fair and square?

Sure there's many on here who love to see Poole fail, especially after amassing a 26 point lead over Coventry in the league section. Every neutral would have been baying for the under dog. But the under dog was actually Poole.

Well done Coventry.

Give up SS, the track at both venue's was there to be riden, just remind me who won the meeting at the ultra fair Wimbourne Road. As for Pawlicki average read Madsen/Mrocka

Funny thing is, because Pawlicki has yet to ride 12 meetings, he is not a Coventry asset. And with all this "he is definately a 4 pointer for 2011", wouldn't it be really funny if Matt called him up and he signed for Pirates as a reseve for 2011.

Now that really would be funny. And completely possible. :D Go get him Matt. :approve:

So oncemore, it is OK for Poole to get riders on manipulated low averages - but out of order if anyone else does it !

Good god i think someone's head is about to explode.

WARNING, OVERLOAD, BOOOOOOMMMM

Posted this a month ago...

Regarding Przemysław Pawlicki and his non-appearance for Coventry in this meeting, there seems to be something that everyone is ignoring or missing entirely...

He made his debut on the 10th of May, and he's only appeared 11 times in 23 league meetings since then.

Only a madman would ever suggest that whole situation occurred because we want him on a 4.00 average at the start of next season.

We've suffered many times, having to ride without him in the team.

As things turned out, we ended up with the opportunity to rest him from a post-cut-off-date meeting. The double benefits being a further rest to his injury AND the chance to start a season with a (hopefully) more regular young rider next year, on an average which befits his experience (only 11 league meetings in his first season remember) rolleyes.gif

I'd fully expect (and believe it myself) for it to be called 'cheating' if we'd signed him 12 meetings ago and used him in the first 11 but dropped him from the 12th, but as you can see it is MILES away from that and therefore calling it cheating or rule-bending is just plain ignorant.

It still stands.

And it's still ignorance wink.gif

Good god i think someone's head is about to explode.

WARNING, OVERLOAD, BOOOOOOMMMM

:lol:

So oncemore, it is OK for Poole to get riders on manipulated low averages - but out of order if anyone else does it !

No. It would be hilarious though to steal him from under Coventry's noses when they are the ones who have manipulated his average. :P

He is not a Coventry asset and clearly prefers the Poole tack to Brandon. Matt should get on the phone to him. :D

It was common knowledge quite a few people saw them watering the track two hrs before kick off ;) Is your Curator a farmer by any chance? He should have been off milking bleedin cows not trying his worst to prepare a track!!

Before jumping to conclusions perhaps you would benefit from reading previous posts.

Then ask someone about the practice of track prep, in particular adding fresh shale to a wet track, although I don't know what all the fuss is about both teams rode the same track and a heavy track usually favours the away side, as expessed by Poole's very own expert on all things speedway.

No one had commented on the ultra slick surface prepared for the final at Poole in the vain hope of scuppering the Bees, who are not known to go well on slick tracks. On the night even the Poole riders said it was very slick. Hoist on your own petard, comes to mind.

I would love to see a meeting between the two same teams on a Netural well prepared track, then lets see what the result would be!!!

You did

Monday 4th October

Poole 40 Coventry 50

Play Off Final 2nd Leg

:wink:

You did in the second leg ...you got smash up by 10 points biggrin.gif

I must have missed the announcement about Poole paying a fee and riding "Under Protest" when I was at Poole the other week. Or Maybe Matt and the Boys thought it doesn't matter - no point complaining cos we are going to win anyway.

Or maybe even more likely Matt knew that there were no rules broken and it would be a waste of £250 :D

No. It would be hilarious though to steal him from under Coventry's noses when they are the ones who have manipulated his average. :P

He is not a Coventry asset and clearly prefers the Poole tack to Brandon. Matt should get on the phone to him. :D

I can just imagine the conversation now.

"Shamek - come and ride for us please. We were beaten in the play-off final just because of you, nothing to do with Harris being unbeaten in his last 5 rides, or Kasper scoring double figures as well, or in fact come to think of it Holder and Ward still getting over their nice Big Weekend in at the Golden Helmet when they should really have been thinking about the Play-off Final.

"Plus we have our own Spin Machine called Steve who will tell everyone in the Speedway World whatever we want him to tell them. In fact he is our biggest signing every year is our Steve - his Spin is sometimes bigger than the holes in Leon's Exhausts :P "

He's raced 17 meetings for Coventry.

Edited by SCB