British Speedway Forum

Adam has been awarded a testimonial, it will take place on March 27th 2011 at Monmore Green Wolverhampton.

A few names have already been confirmed but more details will be announced soon!

Sqora Racing

Edited by Swifty

Adam has been awarded a testimonial, it will take place on March 27th 2011 at Monmore Green Wolverhampton.

A few names have already been confirmed but more details will be announced soon!

Sqora Racing

Richly deserved for a brilliant servant to Wolverhampton. Has any Pole ever been so loyal to his British club?

Has any Pole ever been so loyal to his British club?

Adam has been loyal to Wolverhampton, even when he has not started the season a quick call from CVS and he returns at the drop of a hat.

Just hope he is in the Wolves team for 2011 too.

A World Champion is already lined up to appear at the meeting from America will confirm soon!

Slight change, maybe not one from Eastern Europe :(

Edited by Swifty

Adam has been loyal to Wolverhampton, even when he has not started the season a quick call from CVS and he returns at the drop of a hat.

Just hope he is in the Wolves team for 2011 too.

A couple of World Champions are already lined up to appear at the meeting one American and one from Eastern Europe :) will confirm soon!

Totally well deserved. Adam was great for us two seasons ago, and is a really nice bloke to boot. I hope it all goes to plan.

A couple of World Champions are already lined up to appear at the meeting one American and one from Eastern Europe :) will confirm soon!

Billy Hamill and Jerzy Szakiel?! ;)

Will there be a 'Poland/ Poznan /Leszno vs Wolves' theme to this. Could be very successful IMO.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching him race for us at Poole a couple of seasons back, so will definiately make the trip look forward to seeing the full line up :-)

We have some great ideas for Christmas presents with all proceeds going to Adam's Testimonial Fund in recognition of his services.

Firstly, have your child be a mascot on the day, there are 16 available at £50 each. You will receive admission on the day for the child & 1 accompanying adult. The child will receive a gift on the day & be on parade with the rider allocated to them. On receipt of the money a gift certificate will be posted out, so order early in time for Christmas.

Secondly, enjoy the meeting with a 3 course meal in the restaurant. You will receive your admission, Testimonial programme, a gift on the day & the meal plus retain your seat for the whole meeting & enjoy possibly the best view in the stadium. The cost for this is £50 adult, £45 concessions & £30 for children. Again on payment a gift certificate will be posted out.

Please email stephanie_20016@yahoo.com for further details or to make a reservation.

Announced today that the meeting will be a four team tournament including Poole, who Adam enjoyed riding for in 2008. The two other teams still be confirmed. Zenon Plech is coming over to sell signed copies of his book to support Adam's testmonial.

Wolves, BelleVue, Poole and Oxford will be the teams represented at the Adam Skornicki Testimonial.

Adam Skornicki has announced the teams which will compete in his Testimonial at Wolverhampton on Sunday 27th March. They will all be sides representing former clubs – Wolverhampton, Poole, Oxford and Belle Vue.

Adam, the only Polish rider to have ridden eleven successive seasons in British Speedway, has mainly been associated with Wolves with whom he won an Elite League winners’ medal in 2002 and 2009. However he did pick up another winners’ medal with Poole for their 2008 title triumph.

Skornicki played a key part in all, and also had a fine year on loan to Oxford in 2006, riding 40 matches in what proved to be the Cheetahs’ penultimate Elite season.

His season with the Aces of Belle Vue was 2007 and he was again a regular though it didn’t prove to be a great season for either the Aces or Adam.

He has been popular with all his clubs though and is very happy that these four sides will be the ones to race at his Testimonial.

There are Child Mascot and VIP packages available for the day. Child mascots (admission for 1 adult, 1 child and a gift on the day) for each rider are £50 each, and the VIP packages are for a three-course meal with admission and programme at £50 (adults), £45 (concessions) or £30 (children).

Sheffield’s Shane Parker and double-up Dane Morten Risager are the latest starters in Adam Skornicki’s Testimonial at Wolverhampton on 27th March.

New Owlerton Aussie Parker says “I don’t think I’ve ever ridden in a team with Adam, but obviously I’ve ridden against him many a time. My own personal view is that he’s one of the characters in the sport, and there’s not many of them left now.

“He’s got the hair to go with it, he loves doing his donuts and he puts on a show. There’s not many people doing that nowadays.

“He has a very nice riding style and he is accomplished – he’s been a Polish Champion and when you look at the people he won that against, it shows what his ability is and what he has achieved in the sport.

“It’s a well-deserved Testimonial and I’m very happy to ride in it.”

Risager, looking forward to his new season with King’s Lynn and Ipswich, added “I know Adam from racing with him and against him for a few seasons, and he’s always been a good lad and good for British Speedway. He’s always been happy to help me out any time I have needed it.

“He’s a very popular chap – he’s very Western European compared to the other Poles. He talks to everyone and he’s a nice guy.“

ADAM SKORNICKI TESTIMONIAL: Monmore Green, Wolverhampton, Sunday 27th March – Select sides representing Wolverhampton, Poole, Oxford and Belle Vue. Meeting sponsors Wolverhampton Skip Hire.

Full details on www.adamskornicki.com

Edited by Swifty