British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
771neil

Dudley On Tv

Hmm, I think that the point was that non-Speedway folk having seen it during the season might have had interest stirred.

It's generally existing Speedway fans who watch Sky's coverage!!

That`s the point I was trying to make.Supposing it did stir the interest of non-speedway fans only to find there`s none taking place. :unsure:

Still any publicity is good publicity. :D

The crowds at Monmore were significantly bigger but by what I'm led to believe NL crowds are generally like I would say Perry Barr was good too. The distance from Dudley Wood Road to each track is near as makes no difference the same, but many Heathens' fans have expressed a preference to Monmore. That's mostly from the point of view of spectator viewing and the quality of racing. Personally I think that PB can provide just as good racing at it's best but is less consistently good, and if you get up on one of the metal stands the view is fine. At the end of the day it has to be commercially viable and who can blame them if they look to maximise their profits?! It's a shame if racing at PB, and only a couple of times, is a one season wonder but hey-ho. My personal thanks to all at B'ham for allowing a Heathens team to play in your sand pit for a season. :approve:

Listened to the radio forum, and some interesting stuff about the silencers and Heathens future.

Sandwell sounds very hopeful and although their councillor sounded a bit nervous about the noise you can sense an opportunity there!

The opposition councillors for Dudley said all the right things and sounded passionate about the subject but whilst in opposition its all hot air, unfortunately.

The silencers again didn't sound good and you have to feel for the riders and manufacturers given the slap dash way its been handled.

Anyway a great hours listening thoroughly enjoyed it!!