British Speedway Forum

Don't know who jbn is, but I reckon there's a good chance that is close

to the mark. Wouldn't bet against PL if it looks like a more viable option though!

Prawn, I'd hazard a guess that there will be an official announcement just as

soon as there's something to say! ;-)

Edited by Robyn1972

Any ideas as to when there will be a official statement released?

Well the AGM is next weekend so at the very most we'll know what the situation is in just over a week.

From what i have heard, just last week it looked as though there would be no more speedway at Ipswich this season, however rumour has it that a successful businessman has stepped in, and is on the verge of a deal with the Louis'. This would make sense as to why Ipswich Speedway cancelled their press release, as this businessman obviously came along and in effect "saved the club". Ive heard that this has secured our place in the Elite League! :) But i await confirmation.

Very interesting stuff Emma. Its not Colin Horton though is it? :rolleyes:

When you look at some of the clubs that have wealthy backers behind them, and Stuart Douglas mentions a few in this weeks speedway star, its always surprised me that Ipswich haven't had one as without being biased, the club has a bigger hardcore fan base and more potential than most of the clubs that have.

Ah yes but everything has its price. You've only got to look at the transfers in football "no i can't see myself leaving this wonderful club" 2 weeks later offered big then of they go so as i said before everything has a price.

From what i have heard, just last week it looked as though there would be no more speedway at Ipswich this season, however rumour has it that a successful businessman has stepped in, and is on the verge of a deal with the Louis'. This would make sense as to why Ipswich Speedway cancelled their press release, as this businessman obviously came along and in effect "saved the club". Ive heard that this has secured our place in the Elite League! :) But i await confirmation.

There's been a local buisnessnan wanting to take over at the club for a long time,as I added in another thread,he'd be great for the Witches and it would be a very positive way forward no doubt,maybe a fresh approach with a big push in the PR area in the local newspapers and even a slot on the local Radio would generate enthusiasm no doubt,

Things have definately gone a bit stale at Foxhall;the Louis are not to everybodies taste I think it could do with someone lkeable who knows their way around the Speedway scene,maybe with a bit more charisma too,a previous sponsor turned them down but hopefully the sums will add up with whoever they are talking to and Foxhall will gain a new addition,Im not saying theyd come in droves by the busload from all over the show but fingers crossed we'd see higher attendances

Wonder if the local bussinessman is Dave Hunting....

Doubt it would be Marcus Evans, but you never know...

According to a poster on the unofficial Witches forum, a journalist revealed at the football yesterday that the East Anglian Daily Times will be running with an exclusive with Chris Louis on Tuesday and that fans "won't be disappointed".

Edited by CardinalSin

Is the journalist Mike "37 point limit" Bacon ?

Have you a link to Witches Forum ? I found one, but it was full of BNP crap !

From what i have heard, just last week it looked as though there would be no more speedway at Ipswich this season, however rumour has it that a successful businessman has stepped in, and is on the verge of a deal with the Louis'. This would make sense as to why Ipswich Speedway cancelled their press release

Or, another version is the press release was about the club being sold to said businessman, but last minute conversations elsewhere fell in favour of the Louis' which enable them to stay in charge. Many many different stories knocking around and the sooner this is settled and out in the open the better for all concerned.

Is the journalist Mike "37 point limit" Bacon ?

Have you a link to Witches Forum ? I found one, but it was full of BNP crap !

http://witchesfans.proboards.com/

There we are jeffster try that one.

Wonder if the local bussinessman is Dave Hunting....

Doubt it would be Marcus Evans, but you never know...

Is Dave Hunting the guy who runs Trucks R Us?

Is Dave Hunting the guy who runs Trucks R Us?

Trucks R Us ?

No idea, Dave runs a company called "Hunting Hire", who used to sponsor the Witches many years ago

I agree. A local businessman is just what the club needs, and i hope that these rumours are true. So hopefully now (Or after the press release is published!) we can concentrate on getting a decent team out for next year. I still can't see Scott Nicholls coming back myself, but i'm keeping everything crossed!