British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

This Is A Strange One....

Browsing through the soon - one imagines - to be defunct Bournemouth Buucs website I found these two entries:

Buccs Will Have Fours Representation

Although the Bournemouth Buccaneers have had time called on them, four riders will wear the badge again this season following the announcement that the Fours Competition will be restaged on Sunday October 31st, the ultimate day of the season.

Originally in the calendar for June the event, at Mildenhall, was abandoned due to weather and when Mildenhall closed mid-season the meeting was switched to Rye House. Since then the event has twice been cancelled but a date has been found in the calendar to try and ensure the competition draws to a conclusion.

May Mystified

Bournemouth team manager has been left mystified by the news that the NL Fours appears to have been shelved just hours after he received notification that the meeting was to be staged at Rye House on the last day of the season.

"I don't really know what has been going on" admitted May, "I was told that the Fours wa being resurrected but then I hear that it is only the NLRC that will go ahead and that will be on the Saturday (October 30th) at Rye House. Whilst I may have had a problem fielding a Fours side with James (Brundle) injured and Kyle Howarth unavailable I can't quite believe that I was told it was going ahead only for an official press release to come out mentioning the NLRC only. On reading that I made enquiries and was informed that the Fours wouldn't now be happening. It's a bit of a crazy situation if you ask me and looking at the press release there was no menton of any Buccaneers in the NLRC which surely must be an oversight and needs clarifying"

-----------------------------

Now what in Sam Hill is THAT all about..? :blink: Was Garry just confused (I doubt this coz he's very thorough...) or was there REALLY an announcement (quickly reneged on...) that the much-cancelled NL Fours was going to be staged at RH on the 31st..?? :shock: :shock:

If the latter is this not just another indicator of how completely shambolic the end of the 2010 National League campaign was..?! :blink:

The Fours wasn't run because it would have been another trophy for Buxton. End of. Quit your crying.

The Fours wasn't run because it would have been another trophy for Buxton. End of. Quit your crying.

Hmm, NOT if it had been held on the 31st. though...

Not sure what YOUR problem is but if you can't seem to post anything sensible I suggest you don't bother posting at all...

Hmm, NOT if it had been held on the 31st. though...

Not sure what YOUR problem is but if you can't seem to post anything sensible I suggest you don't bother posting at all...

Well the 2009 Polish Golden Helmet was staged in 2010, so why not stage the 2010 NL Fours Final next April?

Let's see if we can keep this saga going :angry: