British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke Potters

I am very pleased that the first speedway silverware of the year has been won with some style by our new Captain Tony Atkin.

He feels that this is just what he needed to do to enhance his move to Stoke and his pride in coming back to the Potteries to lead the team.

Well done Tony what a perfomance congratulations on behalf of us all.

Malcolm Vasey

Well done TA :approve:

I am very pleased that the first speedway silverware of the year has been won with some style by our new Captain Tony Atkin.

He feels that this is just what he needed to do to enhance his move to Stoke and his pride in coming back to the Potteries to lead the team.

Well done Tony what a perfomance congratulations on behalf of us all.

Malcolm Vasey

I missed the evening meeting, but Tony rode very well in the afternoon sessions - one of the few who were confident on ice. It's good that he dedicated the win to the Potters fans, am looking forward to see him race at Loomer (any idea when the first meeting will be approx, Mal ?)

Enjoyed Telford - it wasn't speedway but still fun to watch - and the light heartedness of the riders was good - Smolenski larking about, the three legged race etc. The kids enjoyed - so I should get away with going back next year !

Also it was good to meet Vog - always good to put a face to a name - hopefully we can chat again up at Loomer.

Now....how about some more signings news please !!

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

Gareth Isherwood signed according to BSPA site

Vog, get down from that bridge :P

Aha :lol:

I know you like your figures so here goes:

8.13 average in 08, 5.12 in 09, only rode 3 meetings in 2010.

Could be a hit or a bust.

*puts rope down for now*

Let's face it it's all a wait and see - but it would have been whoever we got !

BTW good to meet you on Sunday Vog !

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

I know you like your figures so here goes:

8.13 average in 08, 5.12 in 09, only rode 3 meetings in 2010.

Could be a hit or a bust.

*puts rope down for now*

I hope Gareth has got his mojo back. Like the averages say, coming into the 09 season I thought he was a little unlucky not to get a slot at reserve for the Potters. 09 was a poor season for him as it turned out because he went backwards and 10 is a right off really. I am sure his signing splits peoples views, but until he gets back on the bike and gives it a go we will never know. May be having a ride for his contracted club could inspire the boy. Not jumping up and down with the news (knees woundn't take it anyway)but not too upset. How much does this leave for the last three riders?

I hope Gareth has got his mojo back. Like the averages say, coming into the 09 season I thought he was a little unlucky not to get a slot at reserve for the Potters. 09 was a poor season for him as it turned out because he went backwards and 10 is a right off really. I am sure his signing splits peoples views, but until he gets back on the bike and gives it a go we will never know. May be having a ride for his contracted club could inspire the boy. Not jumping up and down with the news (knees woundn't take it anyway)but not too upset. How much does this leave for the last three riders?

11.29 for the final 3.

11.29 for the final 3.

Guess youll be going for two 3 pointers + someone, Agree Isherwood, will be hit or bust, think with the strength of teams named so far that he should be an ok signing.

Guess youll be going for two 3 pointers + someone, Agree Isherwood, will be hit or bust, think with the strength of teams named so far that he should be an ok signing.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Pickard on about 4.5? leaves 6.5 for 2 reserves.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Pickard on about 4.5? leaves 6.5 for 2 reserves.

Id agree pickard is probably the best option out there that i can think off

Isherw0000d, wow what a suprise. I hope someone can help him get out of the starts, it always looks like he is riding with an automatic clutch.

Good luck to whomever posts this on PP. :wink::lol: :lol: