British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke Potters

It seems there is some confusion regarding a couple of riders Stoke have signed, according to Speedway Star. :blink::unsure:

Edited by boozer

I hope the new potters riders will enjoy the new forgiving safety fence?!!!!

Having seen riders slide under the air fence at Gloomy rd, the new Steel barrier will be most welcoming, Not!

Having seen riders slide under the air fence at Gloomy rd, the new Steel barrier will be most welcoming, Not!

The normal wooden fence (new panels) which was been there before will sit in front of the new steel barrier and then the air fence in front of that.

The normal wooden fence (new panels) which was been there before will sit in front of the new steel barrier and then the air fence in front of that.

I know which one I would rather hit Derek,someone will be badly injured that's for sure.

Can't say that I like the idea of a steel barrier ... reminds me of the KL concrete BUT - I do remember the injuries Luke Priest sustained when he landed speared on the remains of a metal post the other side of the safety fence. The injuries he sustained I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...

James Sarjeant makes it 5 for Stoke

http://www.stokepotters.co/D/news.htm

Has the ability to be a good rider.

Finished runner-up to Jason Garrity in the 2008 Under 15's Championship and rode for Scunthorpe in 2009. Last year he was at Dudley until being dropped for Micky Dyer & then went to Bournemouth. Hopefully he will have learned a lot from his experiences last year and will come on a lot at Stoke.

Has the ability to be a good rider.

Finished runner-up to Jason Garrity in the 2008 Under 15's Championship and rode for Scunthorpe in 2009. Last year he was at Dudley until being dropped for Micky Dyer & then went to Bournemouth. Hopefully he will have learned a lot from his experiences last year and will come on a lot at Stoke.

And will be back with Malcolm Vasey who he was with at Scunthorpe in 2009.

Good young prospect, from what i saw of him last season, he was unlucky to get dropped, and he just neesds the right equipment to go places.

Thanks to everyone else who answered the question for me.

My opinion was based on what ive seen of him (which is only a couple of times) but hes always been competitive, scored & been 100% committed. Hence my description of a him being a good solid signing.

He has ability and will at least maintain his average IMO. With TA & Lambert, Vasey & a good racetrack at Stoke, he could be a big improver.

Nice to see young James sorted with a club, if he can steer clear of injuries could put some decent points on his average.

With the right equipment, I would expect James to push on to a 5+ average this season, at the very least.