British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

If Peterborough now decide they wanted to ride EL, if Bjerre has signed for Kings Lynn in 2011 there is nothing Peterborough can do about it as the most recent contract is the "live" contract. Peterborough would have given permission to KL for Bjerre to sign so they can't suddenly go back after the deal is done. If Bjerre has signed a contract, he is a KL rider in 2011.

Surely if Peterborough were that desperate to be in the EL they would have put a block on anybody talking to there riders ala Coventry?

They seemed to unload there assets as quickly as possible..

If Peterborough now decide they wanted to ride EL, if Bjerre has signed for Kings Lynn in 2011 there is nothing Peterborough can do about it as the most recent contract is the "live" contract. Peterborough would have given permission to KL for Bjerre to sign so they can't suddenly go back after the deal is done. If Bjerre has signed a contract, he is a KL rider in 2011.

unless the reported embargo is correct, then the bspa wont let him sign for lynn.

no one on here knows anything as yet

Agree. If I was a Belle Vue fan but I would be just as vocal as I am now. If Coventry win, the whole sport loses. Because all a team will have to do is make a legal threat to get their own way.

As a BV fan I agree. I would not approve but if Coventry were to get all they want what is there to stop others who voted for the new rules walking out.

Agree. If I was a Belle Vue fan but I would be just as vocal as I am now. If Coventry win, the whole sport loses. Because all a team will have to do is make a legal threat to get their own way.

[/quote

Only if they have a case.....

So you think if Coventry benefit over every other team in the league because Sandhu throws money at a barrister with legal threats that's acceptable? :blink:

If Coventry turn over the rules for 2011 then fans of every other club should boycot visiting Brandon in 2011, and clubs should send teams made up of juniors. Of course it wn't be illegal because that's acceptable, right? :lol:

Coventry have stunk this winter out with their bully boy tactics and deserve the utter contempt they are held in by the vast majority of fair minded speedway fans in this country. If the BSPA are put in an impossible position, that would basically bankrupt them if they challenged Coventry in court, Coventry as a club would be treated as outcasts for the foreseeable future and their promotion the same way.

no one has stunk this winter out more than you. you have ranted and posted your spite and bile . hoping against hope that some of your rantings would come true , bad news for you the exact opposite is about to happen . sorry you.ve had your christmas ruined , but think of the benfits for next year .all the ready made excuses when your team of cheats and chokers let you down again

To sum up - I think that the unfair Play Off System is to blame for most, if not all, of the strife in the Sport at the moment.

PLEASE BSPA drop the Play Offs and let's get back to some sanity.

I have put a lot of thought in to this - and - I am sure it is the right way to go.

You couldn't have put much thought into it, you really want the season to finish theoretically in August? Then what you going to do, twiddle your thumbs for the next 7-8 months.

Your mad, the play off's are good for the sport.

unless the reported embargo is correct, then the bspa wont let him sign for lynn.

no one on here knows anything as yet

He has signed for Kings Lynn. Peterborrough let him sign and there was no protection in place. Check out the Kings Lynn website.

Or Belle Vue?

possible but he's made statements he doesn't want the travelling now he's purchased a house in newborough

If you mean the TV money then yes, but that is not a bribe, any team joining the EL would get that. Or are you suggesting there was something more?

No of course not ...after years of not wantng to be in The El and not applying for it t the Agm, two days later they change there mind for no reason :rolleyes:

Edited by orion

I notice theres a block of empty seats at Sports personallity of the year, wouldn't be Coventrys by any chance!!! :blink:

See Coventry didn't win Team of the year, or didn't even get a look in, as i said, a block of enpty seats, couldn't be Coventrys could they?? Perhaps they were stopped at the door :D

Only if they have a case.....

If Coventry and Peterborough win then clearly every other promotion would have a case, not the least King's Lynn, who moved into the EL on the basis of the rules as laid out at the BSPA AGM following the "walk out".

It is increasingly obvious that the only realistic option is for the door to be firmly closed on Coventry and Peterborough. They made their decision at the BSPA AGM. There should be no way back for 2011 and certainly not at the expense of King's Lynn.

He has signed for Kings Lynn. Peterborrough let him sign and there was no protection in place. Check out the Kings Lynn website.

so now you are saying plymouth are liars.their website reported the embargo on panthers riders. who knows whos right

steve we will await the outcome of the various meetings because i doubt there will be just one, then we will know the truth and or the results.

If kenny moves he moves, if there is an embargo he doesnt, we are only going round in circles because you think you are right and i think there is much more to come out.

no one has stunk this winter out more than you. you have ranted and posted your spite and bile . hoping against hope that some of your rantings would come true , bad news for you the exact opposite is about to happen . sorry you.ve had your christmas ruined , but think of the benfits for next year .all the ready made excuses when your team of cheats and chokers let you down again

So as usual you have absolutely nothing to say. Just more arrogance and drivel. Your arrogance holds no bounds and is part of the reason why Coventry are viewed with utter distain by every fair minded speedway fan.

As for ruining Chritmas? Do me a favour! :lol:

I am off in a few days time (weather permitting) to a much hotter climate with my family. The last thing I will be thinking about is the embarrasment which is Coventry speedway.

There seems to be a lot of bitterness on here from Poole Supporters - I wonder why???

Play Off Final perhaps - I think that this all (over a number of Threads) backs up my argument that the Play Offs are UNFAIR. Poole were properly the League Champions this year - Coventry were Play Off Champions. All that has happened this year is that a mid - table Team (Coventry) beat the best Team in the League by a country mile (Poole) in the Play Off Final. What is the result of all this??? Trouble at the AGM some Promoters wielding daggers, others doing a runner. I maintain that without the bloody Play Off System all this CRAP could have been avoided.

The BSPA are at fault - THEY sold their souls to SKY and brought in the Play Offs. Before anyone says that everyone knew the Rules before the Season started - this is true - BUT - Speedway is certainly paying the price of those Rules now.

Supporters will also say that the Play Offs are exciting and well attended, ALL true - but surely a Competition run for the same Teams as those who qualify currently for the Play Offs would attract just as many Supporters AND be just as exciting. Obviously the big advantage of this would be that Promoters who had won the League FAIR AND SQUARE would know that they were League Champions as a RIGHT - therefore no need for all the backbiting, backstabbing and hostility that seems so prevalent at present. The Supporters too would not feel so robbed of their rightful delight in winning the League.

To sum up - I think that the unfair Play Off System is to blame for most, if not all, of the strife in the Sport at the moment.

PLEASE BSPA drop the Play Offs and let's get back to some sanity.

I have put a lot of thought in to this - and - I am sure it is the right way to go.

the playoffs actually proved who the best team of 2010 actually were , ask yourself how poole got so far ahead in a league with regulations to ensure a level playing field . and how the promoter of that team knew exactly which loopholes needed closing before another team took advantage of them , when you have thought it through you will see why the playoff winners were the deserved champions

Edited by speedibee

You couldn't have put much thought into it, you really want the season to finish theoretically in August? Then what you going to do, twiddle your thumbs for the next 7-8 months.

Your mad, the play off's are good for the sport.

You would be champions though Starman! :D .... but i have to agree with you, Swindon had a "dead match" with the infamous Coventry debacle...to many of those would kill the sport.