British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

****sigh****

NO Starman - it is NOT the Play Offs - I said a different Competition A LEAGUE CUP (containing the Teams that would have been in the Play Offs had there been any).

My idea was to stop all of this hostility by having TWO Competitions. The League Championship (Won by the Team collecting most Points over a Season) and The League Cup which would be competed for by the top six or eight Clubs.

Two Trophies = a possibility of TWO seperate Winners. Now, at present, there can only be one Winner - and - that is what is causing all the trouble here - as far as I can see.

I am only trying to get a positive argument aceross to stop people feeling robbed of their rightful place as League Champions. I am offering a way that the top Teams can play each other for a Trophy SEPERATE to the League Championship.

This way it would stop CVS, Mr. Ford, Mr. Sandhu and Mr. Trump or anyone else for that matter cribbing because they lost the Play Offs.

I give up. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know why Starman is having a go at you as you seem to be defending Poole to a degree, and for what it's worth I agree with what you say.

carnt belive 30 pages on a crap statement that is full of wishfull thinking.Wake up and smell the roses it Aint going to happen :rolleyes:

and you know that for certain do you mate, i would not be so sure cause there could be egg on your face by the end of the day

No, they couldn't justify losses with the current rules. Thats not cannot afford.

I cannot justify buying a Kia Picanto because they're rubbish. I can afford a Kia Picanto.

If some rules has changed (due to a compramise) maybe Rick Frost can now justify the losses. If you expect someone to lose 150k, you have to give them some glimmer of hope, you're not going to lose 150k to be whipping boys and have no fun, you'll find a new way to have fun spending 150k (and I'm sure nobody needs telling how much fun it could be to spend 150k in a year!)

A play on words- the fact is that Rick Frost has said that Peterborough will not be riding in the EL next season. FACT. Having said that, the BSPA have also said that the EL will not include Coventry or Peterborough but I think they will make an announcement that, following a democratic vote, the other promoters have allowed late entry to Coventry!

What makes you think the 8 EL promoters will change any rules which were agreed at the AGM? Why should they? They have all been building teams to these (as yet unpublished) rules!! Coventry and Peterborough decided to leave the AGM without declaring their intent to run - FACT. If they want back in - it will be on the other promoters terms and not two people who frankly acted like spoiled brats!

Time will tell and personally, I would like to see them both back (Peterborough without Bjerre and PUK) but on the terms of the BSPA!

A play on words- the fact is that Rick Frost has said that Peterborough will not be riding in the EL next season. FACT.

Your Wrong, you keep having the facts pointed out to you. Suggest you wait and see.

What makes you think the 8 EL promoters will change any rules which were agreed at the AGM? Why should they? They have all been building teams to these (as yet unpublished) rules!! Coventry and Peterborough decided to leave the AGM without declaring their intent to run - FACT.

Show me the rule that says they have to. FACT

If they want back in - it will be on the other promoters terms and not two people who frankly acted like spoiled brats!

Time will tell and personally, I would like to see them both back (Peterborough without Bjerre and PUK) but on the terms of the BSPA!

BSPA have been acting illegally, it won't be exactly on their terms.

What makes you think the 8 EL promoters will change any rules which were agreed at the AGM? Why should they? They have all been building teams to these (as yet unpublished) rules!! Coventry and Peterborough decided to leave the AGM without declaring their intent to run - FACT. If they want back in - it will be on the other promoters terms and not two people who frankly acted like spoiled brats!

Essaitch was right, there is a hymn sheet.

How is the BSPA breaking the law Sandhu's fault?

And how are the BSPA breaking the law??????

You've not been reading this? :rolleyes:

Nope, how are the BSPA breaking the law???

A play on words- the fact is that Rick Frost has said that Peterborough will not be riding in the EL next season. FACT.

Your Wrong, you keep having the facts pointed out to you. Suggest you wait and see.

BSPA have been acting illegally, it won't be exactly on their terms.

Firstly - I am NOT wrong!! Rick Frost did say that Peterborough would not be running in the EL next season - it is in his press release!! Now things may have moved on but that is what he said so I am not wrong!

Secondly, I do not believe the BSPA acted illegally and we will just have to agree to differ on that one. If the BSPA have had to backtrack because of threats from these two clubs then I will not be spending any money on speedway next year in protest and I'm sure I won't be alone in that !!