British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Coventry and Peterborough running would be a bad thing and them running having been appeased by a cowardly BSPA would be a complete and utter disaster. Nothing is resolved in the least and the potential exists for legal action by the remaining promotions, or are they expected to take it like "good 'ol boys" and "speedway people" as opposed to outsiders like Sandhu and Frost?

Outsiders who choose to spend and lose their money on our sport. It's not their fault that those in charge are not fit for purpose. The AGM was always an accident waiting to happen; this was the year!

But again, the fact that Coventry & Peterborough could return under the rules already set suggests they have no case.

Lets wait and see shall we????

that will be the teller wont it, no rule changes then coventry have been acting foolishly and questions should be asked around what was the end game.

some rules changed then obviously BSPA been caught out!

as you say lets wait and see and then we can all draw our own conclusions and set off 100 pages of either, it was a disgrace coventry behaved, or coventry the bully!

no one will blame the bspa it will and always will be coventrys fault, apprebtly the sinking of the titanic was to do with us as well

Firstly - I am NOT wrong!! Rick Frost did say that Peterborough would not be running in the EL next season - it is in his press release!! Now things may have moved on but that is what he said so I am not wrong!

Secondly, I do not believe the BSPA acted illegally and we will just have to agree to differ on that one. If the BSPA have had to backtrack because of threats from these two clubs then I will not be spending any money on speedway next year in protest and I'm sure I won't be alone in that !!

To be honest, I have always thought you were a Poole basher who spoke a lot of codswallop, but this must have been the first time you have actually said something that I wholeheartly agree with.

essaitch, Frosty the Snowman did say Panthers wouldn't ride EL next season.

Edited by bazaar3

To be honest, I have always thought you were a Poole basher who spoke a lot of codswallop, but this must have been the first time you have actually said something that I wholeheartly agree with.

That's exactly what he said in his statement. Peterborough won't ride in the EL next season. I'm sure any judge, who presumably would have quite a good command of the English language, would interpret it that way.

He did indeed but it was still clearly a fluid situation and what essaitch has also has pointed out plenty of times is the other part of the statement:

"We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses"

He did indeed but it was still clearly a fluid situation and what essaitch has also has pointed out plenty of times is the other part of the statement:

"We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses"

Others clearly didn't feel the same way, or were willing to "justify or endorse" such losses, or didn't make such losses in the first place and when it came to counting votes, they clearly had the numbers to make it stick.

It is my view that the best thing would be to let this whole thing run its course. Let Sandhu and Frost have their day in court and see where we stand after that.

The statement made by Rick Frost does appear indeed to be ambiguous, however had it been his intention not to run in the EL why walk out and commence legal proceedings?

It would have been logical to have done what Ipswich have done and apply to join the PL.

His actions imply to me that he had every intention of running in the EL but something in the rule changes for 2011 would increase costs to a prohibitive level.

I don't know why Starman is having a go at you as you seem to be defending Poole to a degree, and for what it's worth I agree with what you say.

Im not having a go at him Brock, im just mearly saying it would still be a play off.

Gee thanks :neutral:

Never deliberately set out to be a Poole basher - and I have a lot of time for both Holder and Ward who I think get a lot of unfair press on here. Now that you have the Gaffer on board, I might even say some nice things about Poole :rolleyes:

His actions imply to me that he had every intention of running in the EL but something in the rule changes for 2011 would increase costs to a prohibitive level.

Or revenues would decrease, which I consider the more likely scenario.

Gee thanks :neutral:

Never deliberately set out to be a Poole basher - and I have a lot of time for both Holder and Ward who I think get a lot of unfair press on here. Now that you have the Gaffer on board, I might even say some nice things about Poole :rolleyes:

You never know, you might even make a visit or two next season? :D

The statement made by Rick Frost does appear indeed to be ambiguous, however had it been his intention not to run in the EL why walk out and commence legal proceedings?

It would have been logical to have done what Ipswich have done and apply to join the PL.

I think that that probably sums it up with Frost's previous planning also badly affected I'd imagine :unsure:

Edited by Rigsby

The AGM was always an accident waiting to happen; this was the year!

Nail hit firmly on head. :approve:

From what I have heard Trump stormed out of the building after the BBC changed his seat number. :lol:

well that would be odd cos he weren't even on the invite list.:rolleyes:

I think that that probably sums it up with Frost's previous planning also affected I'd imagine :unsure:

Here's a thought for all our would be legal-counsellors to mull over: if Coventry (and Peterborough) have asked the BSPA to embargo deals involving their riders are they not encouraging the BSPA to break EU Employment Law?