British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Official statement on Coventry Website!

Yeah right, and a Merry Christmas to them too! :rolleyes::D

Today's latest Coventry Speedway statement can be found below (don't hold your breath)...

Excluding the info gathered from the Swindon do last Thursday, I would very much like to know if anyone in the BSPA is actually going to impart some official news re the 2011 EL League or are we to be continually treated like mugs and kept in the dark forever !

http://www.coventryb...php?extend.1438

Cov have just moved it to :-

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.1438

All signs point to the fact that some Clubs were very worried about the team Coventry were putting together and decided to sabotage their plans.

And who are you.....Scooby Doo?

The rules about the PL conversion to the EL conversion were getting out of hand and exploited more year on year and from memory it started with Zagar and moved onto riders like Holder and Ward and you would get clubs all gunning for one rider and who can offer the most.

All clubs wanted Ward last season because they wanted the best rider on a ridiculously low average and I think then the BSPA decided they didn't want this to be a sport of who buys wins. It has to stop somewhere and the scapegoats are saying everyone is penalising Coventry just because they poached the next best thing.....Kenni Larsen.

It had to stop somewhere and because the rule didn't come in last year when we signed Ward everyone in the Coventry camp is moaning this season. AT least you never had the rule changed in the middle of a season like Poole had in 09.......now that was the most unprofessional act in any sport I had ever seen.

Is that suposed to be some kind of joke by the Coventry promotion?? :unsure:

And who are you.....Scooby Doo?

The rules about the PL conversion to the EL conversion were getting out of hand and exploited more year on year and from memory it started with Zagar and moved onto riders like Holder and Ward and you would get clubs all gunning for one rider and who can offer the most.

All clubs wanted Ward last season because they wanted the best rider on a ridiculously low average and I think then the BSPA decided they didn't want this to be a sport of who buys wins. It has to stop somewhere and the scapegoats are saying everyone is penalising Coventry just because they poached the next best thing.....Kenni Larsen.

It had to stop somewhere and because the rule didn't come in last year when we signed Ward everyone in the Coventry camp is moaning this season. AT least you never had the rule changed in the middle of a season like Poole had in 09.......now that was the most unprofessional act in any sport I had ever seen.

Well it wasn't the case last season was it? So on that basis the 'If it aint broke don't fix it' ruling should have applied. :P

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Monday 20 December 2010

THE management of Coventry Speedway would like to wish all of our supporters a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

This was released by the promotion on the Coventry website????

I guess from this they were very unsuccessful. Obviously they must have tried before they entered the talks and said they were going to release an official statement after the talks.

Since the statement was this bland....it doesn't take much to figure they didn't get nowhere.

IMO.

Well it wasn't the case last season was it? So on that basis the 'If it aint broke don't fix it' ruling should have applied. :P

Only people who want Charles to be King instead of William say that.....

More irresponsibility from the Coventry promotion!

Those are toys in that picture posted, meaning children would be in the room to open and play with them. Yet there is no fire guard and a child could easily get badly burnt by that blazing fire!

I blame Sandhu and Trump. They should hang their heads in shame.

More irresponsibility from the Coventry promotion!

Those are toys in that picture posted, meaning children would be in the room to open and play with them. Yet there is no fire guard and a child could easily get badly burnt by that blazing fire!

I blame Sandhu and Trump. They should hang their heads in shame.

PMSL SS... :lol:

Somebody send them the Dave Benson Phillips video guide to fire and safety. No extinguisher in the pic either....wonder how many hazards are in the picture.

Thats a decent idea and one that should please all, and it should go a long way to stop this type of situation from arising in the future. it would also help if the BSPA set rules for the future ie 12 months in advance this allows teams to plan for the future rather than lurching from one set of rules to another as we seem to have done this year.

I applauded the 3 year plan, I didnt particularly agree with all of it, however there was no doubt that promoters were able to plan ahead and think of the future slightly more and it also encouraged Elite teams to try and sign younger riders and build teams rather than throwing one together every November, yes it allowed certain riders to "play the game" and ensure they were in a strong position for the follwoing season however that could be stopped either by a complaints process to the commissioner or rolling averages.

It also gave an illusion of professionalism and unity as it really did look like the promoters were working together for the good of the sport in this country. However with the new rulings it all seems to fly in the face of the last 3 years so it definetly was an illusion...

There were also rule changes in the three years.

Is that suposed to be some kind of joke by the Coventry promotion?? :unsure:

A very bad one!! Unless it is a coded message that good news is on the way...

....Christmas is coming :wink: :wink:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Monday 20 December 2010

THE management of Coventry Speedway would like to wish all of our supporters a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

I guess from this they were very unsuccessful. Obviously they must have tried before they entered the talks and said they were going to release an official statement after the talks.

Since the statement was this bland....it doesn't take much to figure they didn't get nowhere.

IMO.

Look to the right of that statement and you can see a box that states "See you all in March 2011' :approve::D

I don't know if it's new info - 'cos I'm not a Bees supporters...

Toys? Fire? All I see is the 2011 team line-up - it must be one of those Magic Eye pictures not everyone can see :) Must say, though, Tony McCoy looks good in Bees' kevlars...

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Monday 20 December 2010

IMO.

Or they could just be sending an electronic Christmas greeting to Coventry supporters. Much like me sending cards to people, not to disguise some shortcoming or disappointment, but simply to wish them Merry Christmas. IMO :rolleyes:

Edited by Beeone

Wish they could have expanded the picture a bit more and we could have seen if Rosco was sat on top the tree... :D