British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

I really hope last May's democracy is declared undemocratic then and we can have another go at it till we get the result I want!! :P

So do I...

Am I the only one who thinks having slightly sinister promoters and larger-than-life team managers is good for the sport? Can you imagine if every team had invisible promoters and managers like Middleditch (Steve McClaren) and Geer (David Pleat)? No great spectacle at all!

Good point, I was in stitches a couple of seasons ago when the SKY cameras caught Rosco banging his head on the wall at Poole, top entertainment, real frustration, just showed how much he cared I guess. The world is generally a more entertaining place with a few characters on show for sure.

Regards, Martin

Because I believe in democracy. What I don't like is people not accepting the results of a democratic vote and by the use of force or money changing what was democratically voted in.

But there are many on here - and I suspect in the larger world - who believed that use of force or money was instrumental in that vote in the first place. If that were the case - not asking you to say it was - would the vote be valid?

But there are many on here - and I suspect in the larger world - who believed that use of force or money was instrumental in that vote in the first place. If that were the case - not asking you to say it was - would the vote be valid?

You talk about money but consider this. Sandhu and Frost are very, very rich men and probably used to getting their own way. Are they not expecting to get their own way in this situation despite a majority against them? A man who can allegedly afford to lose 140k a year is using the sport as his toy.

I have a lot of respect for Sandhu. He started legal proceedings but refused to use the race card. :P:lol:

Of course he didn't use the race card, they don't have greyhounds at Brandon any more :D

Of course he didn't use the race card, they don't have greyhounds at Brandon any more :D

Boom Boom :D:D

Am I being thick? (probably!) But I can't see anything other than three identical press releases that say absolutely nothing. Other than they were having "discussions" to resolve issues and that there was a commitment to resolve matters amicably.

My guess is that they have been drafted by lawyers.

So the Coventry radio "leak" was surely premature?

My guess is that this is NOT going to be resolved any time soon, especially with Christmas and New Year holidays to come.

To be honest, it is now the Coventry riders I feel sorry for - not knowing if they have a job next year. Maybe that is the next legal threat to come, riders demanding to be released?

Whatever happens, things cannot ever be the same again.

for argument sake, lets say the BSPA have backed down a shade, Pawlicki is given a 5.00 ave......where does this leave Andersson at Poole....still 4.00 :unsure:

You talk about money but consider this. Sandhu and Frost are very, very rich men and probably used to getting their own way. Are they not expecting to get their own way in this situation despite a majority against them? A man who can allegedly afford to lose 140k a year is using the sport as his toy.

Consider this EW...

PBoro and Cov walk away because things were so untenable (for them)..

Swindon and Poole (together with Cov & PBoro) wanted a 45 point limit..

Eastie, BV and Lakeside wanted something considerably less..

Where does that leave Wolves - silently very happy ?

EW - why have you made so many posts in such short a time (going on and on and on) ?

EW - who are you ? :unsure:

So assuming the hype is correct and Coventry are to take their place in 2011 does this mean we have our first cancelled meetings of 2011. Coventry to take their rightful place in the Elite Shield?wink.gif

I don't know if you have ever met Rick Frost but speaking as a neutral I can assure you he is a very nice down to earth guy. Whether you agree with him on this issue or not it is unfair to categorize him as someone who just treats the sport as a toy. He is enthusiastic about the sport and his heart is in the right place even if some of his decisions could be classed as ill-advised. Speedway is lucky to have someone who is prepared to plough that amount of money into the sport, and contrary to what some people have said on here I don't think he sees it as loose change.

It should be possible to disagree with someone without demonizing them.

So assuming the hype is correct and Coventry are to take their place in 2011 does this mean we have our first cancelled meetings of 2011. Coventry to take their rightful place in the Elite Shield?wink.gif

It surely should be so Sandie, I'll bet that would go down well over Monmore way :wink:

Regards, Martin

Consider this EW...

PBoro and Cov walk away because things were so untenable (for them)..

Swindon and Poole (together with Cov & PBoro) wanted a 45 point limit..

Eastie, BV and Lakeside wanted something considerably less..

Where does that leave Wolves - silently very happy ?

EW - why have you made so many posts in such short a time (going on and on and on) ?

EW - who are you ? :unsure:

Is it not possible to make an argument without abuse? I dislike your biased opinions intensely but never resort to abuse.

for argument sake, lets say the BSPA have backed down a shade, Pawlicki is given a 5.00 ave......where does this leave Andersson at Poole....still 4.00 :unsure:

Yes because the rules for 2011 have already been set and he fitted the criteria of a 4 point rider when signed. If he had been signed bEFORE the agm, and then the rules had been changed, Poole would have no leg to stand on because they would have jumped the gun.

Pawlicki fitted the criteria last season, but his meetings were manipulated to such an extent he never rode the 12th meeting to get an official average. Rule bending of 8.2 on the Richter Scale. Or should that be 6.18.

Edited by Steve Shovlar