British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

I honestly dont know EW.Things hanve always been clear from a Coventry point of view but not from Pet'bro aprapt from Sundstrom. My personal opinion is this quote was a bit of a smokescreen ,i may be wrong but just what I feel but I dont know what angle Pet'bro were pushing for in this saga,apart from presumably higher points limit.

Its all been a bit cloudy but from Cov v BSPA debate you could see where the problems were there,it was not so clear from panthers side imo.

Lets just hope they get back in the EL

You're right that the Peterborough situation has been much cloudier than Coventry's. Coventry have been quite consistent whereas Panthers have been taking action, then not, then taking it again. Then this statement that is being interpreted differently by various people. Also with Bjerre and NKI having gone it makes it even less clear cut. I can see how the Cov situation can be solved but Peterborough baffles me.

and where in that statement does he say anything like " i cannot afford elite league speedway".

my wording may not have been 100% accurate but its a hell of a lot closer than not affording it

I never used the word "afford" - and incidentally neither did Frost (he didn't say he COULD afford it)!! He did say he can't justify or endorse it which means he isn't prepared to continue.

Sincerely hope so,one of my favourite away tracks,good facilities,great racing,got to have great potential,can't fathom why the crowd levels are so low.

The fixture list primarily.

Edited by Rigsby

The suggestion that Rick Frost cannot "afford" to lose 140k is laughable. It's loose change to him.

nice christmas present for the bees fans , hope P.boro fans can have a similar one in the next few days . I would like to be greedy now and ask santa to give me another gift....the news that ben barker has signed for another elite team.

I'm not so fussy. Premier League Plymouth will do. :D

The suggestion that Rick Frost cannot "afford" to lose 140k is laughable. It's loose change to him.

quite correct the sooner people realise it the better

Fair play to him,

I hope that the Panthers return aswell all the better :approve:

The easiest compromise for the BSPA to make also appears to be the one area of concern that does not apply to Peterborough and Coventry. That is to say Przemyslaw Pawlicki's average. An amendment to that in Coventry's favour might be enough to split the Coventry-Peterborough axis and has the added incentive for Coventry's supporters of involving a deal of humiliation for Matt Ford. Sadly, it's the one ruling that I fully endorse and it is a ruling that should have been made after the Wolbert situation last year.

However, for a while now we have had Coventry fans, together with sundry others decrying the lack of transparency in the running and decision-making of the BSPA. They grind their teeth over the spectre of shady backroom meetings and yet one shady backroom meeting later all is well with the world.

Well I, for one, am glad that Coventry are back - if this is confimed.

I only hope that Peterborough can return too. If not - I will miss my trips to the EoES.

As I have said many times - we need MORE Speedway Teams and Tracks - NOT less.

Of course we do. A shame we lost Ipswich but the only way speedway will return to the EL in Ipswich is with new, fresh promoters.

To be fair he has had a very difficult 3-4 weeks.All this posturing is on the verge of coming back to bite him on the ass very soon,I think a lie down in a dark room and some banging of head against a wall is most definately required.

I did suggest two weeks back I thought he needed a break as his posts were bordering on insanity but he declined and kept the propoganda machine in overdrive despite contradicting himself numerous times.

Its a shame really,Poole are a great club but they get dragged in the gutter by this man.

You were shown up as a fool to everyone on the Bees at the BBC thread and are continuing here! Some people never learn! :lol:

No propoganda from me, just an honest opinion about the worst promoters ever to be in charge of Coventry since the club was formed. I rate Mick Horton higher than Trump.

We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses.

Exactly. A clear statement that he won't continue to justify such losses. £140,000 might be loose change but no one throws away money for the sake of it. If he didn't mean what it said in the release he should sack the member of staff who wrote it!

Assuming the BBC report to be accurate - and good if it means Coventry returning under BSPA rules and regs! - I wonder who 'leaked' the news to BBC Coventry & Warwicks?? One can only presume one of the Bees representatives!! Once again not the correct way to go about things is it - whatever has been agreed/mediated/compromised I am certain that there would have been agreement from both sides for the 'official' statement to be made at a specific time by the BSPA. Instead, somebody 'in the know' has already gone back on that agreement. So much for trust, dignity, agreements etc!

Do you really expect anything different from Coventry? :unsure: They think they are a law unto themselves. :lol:

I never used the word "afford" - and incidentally neither did Frost (he didn't say he COULD afford it)!! He did say he can't justify or endorse it which means he isn't prepared to continue.

Exactly.

End of the day everyone will be happy that Coventry falls back into line which increases the teams in the EL. If Frost also backs down and falls into line we will have ten clubs which would be great for everyone.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

If the Bees are back because they've backed down, it'll be a victory for Matt Ford and the BSPA and their staunch vigilance against rulebreaking non-speedway men. If the Bees are back because the BSPA have backed down, it'll be a victory for Matt Ford and the BSPA in their benevolence and charity towards bully-boy non-speedway men.

It won't be because they have backed down. Be assured of that.

Bully boy CVS has been shown up for what he is.

That's just a total assumption and doesn't appear in his statement. I also suspect he can afford it but the point is any law court viewing his statement can't work on yours and my assumption. It's him that's threatening legal action so his wording has to be perfect.

You really don't have a clue do you? It seems pretty obvious that the next statement will come from the bspa , so the bees will not make any comments yet.

well at least somebody has got something right on here .

cheers Mr Jones:)

The easiest compromise for the BSPA to make also appears to be the one area of concern that does not apply to Peterborough and Coventry. That is to say Przemyslaw Pawlicki's average. An amendment to that in Coventry's favour might be enough to split the Coventry-Peterborough axis and has the added incentive for Coventry's supporters of involving a deal of humiliation for Matt Ford. Sadly, it's the one ruling that I fully endorse and it is a ruling that should have been made after the Wolbert situation last year.

However, for a while now we have had Coventry fans, together with sundry others decrying the lack of transparency in the running and decision-making of the BSPA. They grind their teeth over the spectre of shady backroom meetings and yet one shady backroom meeting later all is well with the world.

Very true. They have been bleating on here about transparancy, and a shady meeting and an empty brown envelope on the floor later Pawlicki is on a 4 and Coventry are back in the fold. To the detriment of every other EL club. Whilst Coventry fans on here would be whooping it up thinking they have got their way etc, the sport would be a massive loser as bully boy tactics would have won, perhaps sending the sport on a downward spiral to oblivion.

There should have been no comprimise from the bSPA whatsoever. Coventry and Peterborrough accept the rules or don't take part. I hope, along with EVERY fair minded speedway fan that that is the case.

That's just a total assumption and doesn't appear in his statement. I also suspect he can afford it but the point is any law court viewing his statement can't work on yours and my assumption. It's him that's threatening legal action so his wording has to be perfect.

Actions speak louder than words. The court might be asked to consider why he would be taking legal action in the first place if he were not prepared to run EL speedway under certain circumstances.