British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Very true. They have been bleating on here about transparancy, and a shady meeting and an empty brown envelope on the floor later Pawlicki is on a 4 and Coventry are back in the fold. To the detriment of every other EL club. Whilst Coventry fans on here would be whooping it up thinking they have got their way etc, the sport would be a massive loser as bully boy tactics would have won, perhaps sending the sport on a downward spiral to oblivion.

There should have been no comprimise from the bSPA whatsoever. Coventry and Peterborrough accept the rules or don't take part. I hope, along with EVERY fair minded speedway fan that that is the case.

You, fair minded? That's funny!

Assuming the BBC report to be accurate - and good if it means Coventry returning under BSPA rules and regs! - I wonder who 'leaked' the news to BBC Coventry & Warwicks?? One can only presume one of the Bees representatives!! Once again not the correct way to go about things is it - whatever has been agreed/mediated/compromised I am certain that there would have been agreement from both sides for the 'official' statement to be made at a specific time by the BSPA. Instead, somebody 'in the know' has already gone back on that agreement. So much for trust, dignity, agreements etc!

It needn't have been somebody from Coventry Bees. Last time I looked at a map, Rugby was in Warwickshire.

Very true. They have been bleating on here about transparancy, and a shady meeting and an empty brown envelope on the floor later Pawlicki is on a 4 and Coventry are back in the fold. To the detriment of every other EL club. Whilst Coventry fans on here would be whooping it up thinking they have got their way etc, the sport would be a massive loser as bully boy tactics would have won, perhaps sending the sport on a downward spiral to oblivion.

There should have been no comprimise from the bSPA whatsoever. Coventry and Peterborrough accept the rules or don't take part. I hope, along with EVERY fair minded speedway fan that that is the case.

Bye :D :D

Please elaborate Shovlar.I urge anyone to read the thread where I shown myself up as a "fool" and they will clearly see,regardless of if they agree with me or not, that I was the only one posting evidence to back up my corner and workings for my opinion. Your back up on the other hand was your wife's sporting knowledge!!! Really???? Im the fool??????

You seem to like majority votes.Why dont we take it to a poll on who is the biggest fool???????? Lets see how willing you are to go along with a majority vote then!!???

Face it- You drag Poole Speedway into the gutter with your constant propoganda

Actions speak louder than words. The court might be asked to consider why he would be taking legal action in the first place if he were not prepared to run EL speedway under certain circumstances.

Correct. I think Peterborough's whole stance has been very inconsistent. I'd really like to know on what grounds they want to take legal action because the way they've behaved so far I would have thought any good lawyer could blow them out of the water on a number of points.

It needn't have been somebody from Coventry Bees. Last time I looked at a map, Rugby was in Warwickshire.

Why does 'Bomo1' assume the news was leaked?

Isn't it perfectly reasonable to make an interim press release from The BSPA or Coventry and Peterborugh for the benefit of supporters and sponsors with a full release in due course?

......eastern wolf.....Correct. I think Peterborough's whole stance has been very inconsistent. I'd really like to know on what grounds they want to take legal action because the way they've behaved so far I would have thought any good lawyer could blow them out of the water on a number of points.

Oh goody! Let's start on Peterborough now and give Coventry a break. :P

Edited by Gemini

Well surprise surprise, Coventry are back in the EL. Don't expect the press release to be hard on the BSPA though. Pawlicki on 5 seems like a fair result to me and a change in the conversion rate seems like it was a decent compromise. Game, set and match Sandhu. :wink::lol:

Correct. I think Peterborough's whole stance has been very inconsistent. I'd really like to know on what grounds they want to take legal action because the way they've behaved so far I would have thought any good lawyer could blow them out of the water on a number of points.

So you want to know the grounds on which Peterborough want to take legal action and then you state any good lawyer could blow them out of the water on a number of points.

Which points would they be seeing as you don't even know the grounds on which they are taking legal action?

Absolute rubbish as usual!

Assuming the BBC report to be accurate - and good if it means Coventry returning under BSPA rules and regs! - I wonder who 'leaked' the news to BBC Coventry & Warwicks?? One can only presume one of the Bees representatives!! Once again not the correct way to go about things is it - whatever has been agreed/mediated/compromised I am certain that there would have been agreement from both sides for the 'official' statement to be made at a specific time by the BSPA. Instead, somebody 'in the know' has already gone back on that agreement. So much for trust, dignity, agreements etc!

and

Steve Shovlar Quote:-

Do you really expect anything different from Coventry? They think they are a law unto themselves.

In view of the latest statement on the Peterborough website I feel that we can expect an apology from messrs. Bomo1 and Shovlar !

Just up on Coventry's site

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Tuesday 21 December 2010

WE are pleased to inform fans of Speedway that the BSPA, Coventry Bees and Peterborough Panthers have held discussions with a view to resolving the issues that have arisen between them.

We are at this stage unable to relay any information as to the nature or the content of those discussions but we can confirm that all of the parties remain committed to resolving the matter amicably.

We thank all of the fans of Speedway, the commercial partners and the members for their patience during this time.

Just up on Coventry's site

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Tuesday 21 December 2010

WE are pleased to inform fans of Speedway that the BSPA, Coventry Bees and Peterborough Panthers have held discussions with a view to resolving the issues that have arisen between them.

We are at this stage unable to relay any information as to the nature or the content of those discussions but we can confirm that all of the parties remain committed to resolving the matter amicably.

We thank all of the fans of Speedway, the commercial partners and the members for their patience during this time.

Compromise it is then - finally common sense has prevailed, shame it didn't back in November. Lessons learnt hopefully...