British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

It wasn't an argument, you might like to argue but I don't, I was just stating a valid point. If KL and Brum had said no to moving up, then they would have ALL had to compromise and sort it out would they not?

When KL went to the AGM they were running PL, afterwards KL suddenly are running EL, come on now, surely you can see what happened :lol:

I know what you mean but it's really immaterial now. The EL has the minimum 8 teams it needs (it could have been 10 but hey ho) so as we stand the EL can function in 2011. The BSPA could dig its heels in now and make no compromise of any sort if it wanted. When outnumbered 8 to 1 it leaves Coventry in a very difficult position.

Never mind all the Coventry haters, speedway without the 'Bees' would be a joke and everyone knows it, that's why they'll back down! *CHAMPIONS*

Own stadium, own riders, best fans ur jealous!

Clearly you are not a regular poster but for the sake of your fellow Coventry fans and all of the others on this list PLEASE don't start with that kind of attitude

There is enough of them on the south coast to last us a lifetime

Well we know 8 Clubs didn't agree with it.

And just becsue you agree with something doesn't make it right!

The easiest way to have stopped all the nonsense was to make assessed riders at six points, no one could have complained, but they didn't why?

Look forward to you lot whinging wen the rules are changed and they effect your team I assume you will be happy then.

This mess is not os coventrys making, if they just stopped pissing around with the rules every year, we would all now where we stand.

We expect the rules to change every year, pretty much someone is demanding something or they will walk away.

Look at Eastbourne, every year they want the average lower and lower, every year it seems Coventry have to pay for a rider rather than lone them, effectively Coventry have been subsidising Eastbourne

Why do Eastbourne always get the rule changes they want and demand? They are always threatening to close down.

Poole last year threatened to go NL I'd they didn't get what they wanted.

It's just the same old winter arguments, but this time they have bitten off to much.

And while we're at it, we don't know it was 8 to 1. At that point, Ipswich were still voting in the EL, and Coventry & Peterborough made up the 9. So the votes - if it even got that far while Coventry & Peterborough were still in the room, could have been 5 to 4. Without them it could have been as low as 4 teams agreeing on the changes. We don't know. Which is why no-one other than eastern wolf ever mentions it...

Given that both Elite and Premier league clubs have already built teams around the existing rules, changes to any of the above simply to appease Coventry would make speedway even more of a laughing stock than it already is.

KL apart - and their team-building does seem to have been done with indecent haste for some reason - all the riders signed so far by the other teams could have been predicted by most posters on here once last season ended and would have been signed regardless of the limit. The agreed-upon EL limit has been lifted before after most, if not all but one, teams had been signed, sealed and delivered. Why is this occasion any different?

Look at Eastbourne, every year they want the average lower and lower, every year it seems Coventry have to pay for a rider rather than lone them, effectively Coventry have been subsidising Eastbourne

Produce your own talent if you don't want to pay for others'.

When outnumbered 8 to 1 it leaves Coventry in a very difficult position.

You have said 8 to 1 at least 4 times.....where is the evidence?

Pawlicki goes back to 4.00, keep the points limit for the season at the ridiculous low, PL coversion back to 50%. Total organisational review including rule book, finances and media contracts. Ideal Compromise for all.

Edited by Authorised

This mess is not os coventrys making, if they just stopped pissing around with the rules every year, we would all now where we stand.

I have to strongly disagree with you on this .... This mess IS Coventry's making - they walked out of the AGM and by doing so caused a string of events that we could all have done without. There are ways and means of dealing with situations and quite frankly walking out leaves you without a leg to stand on!!

just a little thought. none of us know what rules have actually been agreed on officially. general leaks from clubs are usually a good indication though. none of us know what reason coventry had for walking out , or panthers for that matter.

some posters on here are saying bspa cant give in to coventry as teams have already started building their teams to the limit set at the agm, this is in itself a valid point. my thought however is , could the 2 team walkout be because they had already started building their teams using rules that were proposed at the pre agm meeting and were subsequently changed at the agm.

coventry and peterboroughs team building could have already started before the agm vote because this may be what was agreed at the pre agm meeting.

on the pawlicki issue coventry didnt break any rules, maybe bent them to almost breaking point so shouldnt be punished, however to show some sort of consistancy he should have been treated the same as jesper b jensen [ now monberg] who was given a higher average than he should have.

the inconsistancy of speedway rules is a massive issue that needs to be addressed otherwise we will have the same problem at the start of each season

Well we know 8 Clubs didn't agree with it.

And just becsue you agree with something doesn't make it right!

The easiest way to have stopped all the nonsense was to make assessed riders at six points, no one could have complained, but they didn't why?

Look forward to you lot whinging wen the rules are changed and they effect your team I assume you will be happy then.

We expect the rules to change every year, pretty much someone is demanding something or they will walk away.

Why do Eastbourne always get the rule changes they want and demand? They are always threatening to close down.

Poole last year threatened to go NL I'd they didn't get what they wanted.

It's just the same old winter arguments, but this time they have bitten off to much.

Make assessed riders 6.00. It wasn't voted for and we have no evidence that that's what Coventry wanted either.

Coventry and Peterborough are the only teams to have walked away.

Coventry have subsidised Eastbourne. Over the years Wolves have had to loan out world class riders like Sam, PK and Ronnie Correy in the interests of equalisation. No complaints.

Poole threatened to go NL. If I remember right they didn't get what they wanted and they didn't go NL.

And yes we'll whinge when the rules don't go our way. But we won't expect our clubs to pull out of the league.

Well if you're going to cherry pick the riders we have trained up and nurchered and throw money and gifts at them its hardly our fault is it! :unsure:

You have said 8 to 1 at least 4 times.....where is the evidence?

Pawlicki goes back to 4.00, keep the points limit for the season at the ridiculous low, PL coversion back to 50%. Total organisational review including rule book, finances and media contracts. Ideal Compromise for all.

The fact that 8 teams have accepted the new rules. Those 8 teams may not all have agreed on all of the rules but were able to compromise for the good of the league. So however you may like to spin it otherwise it's 8 to 1 (there I said it again).

I hadn't realised that you had bought Lewis.

Did we get a decent price?

Perhaps compromise will mean that Cov will race, we'll have a 40 limit, the rules regarding the 8.00 will stand, however Pawlicki will keep his 4.00 average, this rule will be effective from 2011 & not retrospectivelyblink.gif . PBoro get to race in the PL & finally we will get a full review looking into the possibility of an independent body to run Brit Speedway.rolleyes.gificon_smile_approve.gif

Seem's like a sensible compromise to me.unsure.gif

The fact that 8 teams have accepted the new rules. Those 8 teams may not all have agreed on all of the rules but were able to compromise for the good of the league. So however you may like to spin it otherwise it's 8 to 1 (there I said it again).

These new rules? What are they again? The vote was 5-4 if you believe Ronnie Russell, so do not try and spin it into 8-1. That is like saying 100% of UK are behind a Conservative-Lib Dem coalition, even though 0% voted for that particular outcome.