British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

But let me spin that one the other way - Coventry and Peterborough have been trying to use press releases to support a weak position whereas the BSPA, on legal advice, have been told to say nothing.

The lack of press releases may be because, as nothing has changed, there is nothing to say.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that Coventry and Peterborough are stuffed. Peterborough because they went to press (these damn press releases again) saying they were DEFINITELY not taking part in the 2011 EL, and Coventry because, if the BSPA give in, then the rule book is even more worthless than it appears to be now.

Now spin that!

Talks are currently ongoing between all 3 parties to resolve the issues. There is nothing to spin.

You see the thing is richtea, nothing that i have said about what i know is anymore than what was said in the statement a few days later.

In light of the above, please consider your post below:

So why is it then that the BSPA came to see Sandhu & not the other way round.?The answer is simple, their lawyers ordered them too.

Why?, simple again, their lawyers don't want a court case.

Please provide evidence of a statement released where it is identified thaat the BSPA "came to see Sandhu and not the other way round", since the only official statement anyone else can find states clearly that Sandhu "offered mediation to the BSPA".

Furthermore, please provide evidence of a statement that states clearly that the BSPA's legal team "ordered them" to come to Sandhu. Also evidence of the statement that states that the BSPA's legal team "don't want a court case" (although, my personal opinion is that neither side would really welcome a court case).

If you are unable to do so would you agree that it would be reasonable for people to assume that you are posting in ignorance of any real facts or that you are in possession of knowledge received from someone within the Coventry promotion whose confidence you have betrayed shamefully.

Talks are currently ongoing between all 3 parties to resolve the issues. There is nothing to spin.

Thats the bottom line .. It will be sorted ,from which ever club you support the final outcome will be spun to suit your argument . The BSPA will not lose face nor will Coventry . IF Pawlicki is a 5pt rider " for the good of the sport we have reached a COMPROMISE " . Wait & See ..........I Can see it now !!!!!!!!

But let me spin that one the other way - Coventry and Peterborough have been trying to use press releases to support a weak position whereas the BSPA, on legal advice, have been told to say nothing.

The lack of press releases may be because, as nothing has changed, there is nothing to say.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that Coventry and Peterborough are stuffed. Peterborough because they went to press (these damn press releases again) saying they were DEFINITELY not taking part in the 2011 EL, and Coventry because, if the BSPA give in, then the rule book is even more worthless than it appears to be now.

Now spin that!

I haven't seen a worthwhile press release (or official statement) so far and as of yet no one from within the Coventry-Peterborough camp has yet articulated the fundamentals of their "case". Is their case so weak that they are ashamed to reveal it and are relying on having the resources to outlast the BSPA in a dispute?

My opinion is that we are now treading on very dangerous ground.

I haven't seen a worthwhile press release (or official statement) so far and as of yet no one from within the Coventry-Peterborough camp has yet articulated the fundamentals of their "case". Is their case so weak that they are ashamed to reveal it and are relying on having the resources to outlast the BSPA in a dispute?

My opinion is that we are now treading on very dangerous ground.

Have you never heard of a legal case before? Of course you have.

Have you ever noticed that in all legal cases, people are not allowed to reveal details of the case apart from what they have been told they can? Of course you have.

The only people treading on dangerous ground are those who can't wait to jump to conclusions.

Peterborough are stuffed. Peterborough because they went to press (these damn press releases again) saying they were DEFINITELY not taking part in the 2011 EL,

why ??? think the statement read if couldn't accept the losses in the current format, who's to say the format won't change ??? Edited by hans fan

Have you never heard of a legal case before? Of course you have.

Have you ever noticed that in all legal cases, people are not allowed to reveal details of the case apart from what they have been told they can? Of course you have.

The only people treading on dangerous ground are those who can't wait to jump to conclusions.

In most cases relating to competition law the grounds for the case are usually in the public domain. I just don't see how Coventry could possibly have any sort of case. The rules agreed by the majority at the BSPA AGM are the same for everyone and are, the BSPA can argue, in the interests of increasing competition. Coventry, it seems to me, wish to stifle competition.

why ??? think the statement read if couldn't accept the losses in the current format, who's to say the format won't change ???

The full statement read:

IT is with the deepest regret that we confirm Peterborough Speedway will not compete in the 2011 Elite League.

We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses. We therefore had no option other than to make the painful decision not to remain in the Elite League for 2011.

Our wish is for Peterborough Speedway to continue at the East of England Showground and we hope to be in a position to announce the outcome of our application to join the Premier or National Leagues following the BSPA General Council meeting on 7th December.

Rick Frost

Peterborough Speedway

UPDATED: 6.12pm

RELEASE DATE: Sunday 28 November 2010

Peterborough have certainly been the least consistent of the parties involved.

Edited by ladyluck

In most cases relating to competition law the grounds for the case are usually in the public domain. I just don't see how Coventry could possibly have any sort of case. The rules agreed by the majority at the BSPA AGM are the same for everyone and are, the BSPA can argue, in the interests of increasing competition. Coventry, it seems to me, wish to stifle competition.

Exactly. Everyone talks about legal action. On what grounds?

The BSPA have no case to answer.

IT is with the deepest regret that we confirm Peterborough Speedway will not compete in the 2011 Elite League.

We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses.

have the official rules been published yet

have the official rules been published yet

The 8 teams involved in the 2011 EL are certainly building to them.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

The 8 teams involved in the 2011 EL are certainly building to them.

steve no elite team has a complete team officialy yet why ???

How can anyone argue that a watered down league where riders are told where they have to ride and clubs are told who will ride for them is in the interests of increasing competition?

More like decreasing credibility.

Exactly. Everyone talks about legal action. On what grounds?

The BSPA have no case to answer.

How can you possibly know this?