British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
high edge

Rules

Wy must we change the rules every year,the National League run pretty good last year.The only thing i would like changed is the guest rule i know we try to give young riders a chance but due to some riders having to work teams must be allowed to use a guest.Its not fair on the paying puplic to put riders in just to make up the numbers.Our league is the best and i dont want it ruined by stupid new rules like the other two leagues every year.

Wy must we change the rules every year,the National League run pretty good last year.The only thing i would like changed is the guest rule i know we try to give young riders a chance but due to some riders having to work teams must be allowed to use a guest.Its not fair on the paying puplic to put riders in just to make up the numbers.Our league is the best and i dont want it ruined by stupid new rules like the other two leagues every year.

I do agree but the BSPA dont do rules very well

Don't agree there. Completely against the purpose of the league. I feel short changed when there are guests present. One of the main reasons our sport will never be taken seriously

Don't agree there. Completely against the purpose of the league. I feel short changed when there are guests present. One of the main reasons our sport will never be taken seriously

Fair enough that's your view but what sort of set up would you come up with to satisfy the different types of clubs in league? Different Types..... 'standalones' e.g. the Isle of Wight; Buxton; 'second teams' e.g. Rye House, King's Lynn etc. etc????

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

I ve given some thought to the problem where if you have more than one rider out for various reasons you cannot use a guest.

At the start of every month the bspa can release a riders average, say 4 and under make them a 1, between 4.1 and 5 make them a 2,and so on up to a 10 point average and if more than one replacement

is required or even for an r/r you can use a rider with the same number as a guest.

This way riders would pick up extra rides and the situation that happened towards the end of the season could be avoided.Also riders that are trying to break into the Premier league but still need the National league to fall back on wont be as big an issue to be replaced when fixtures clash.

Cheers Chopper

Fair enough that's your view but what sort of set up would you come up with to satisfy the different types of clubs in league? Different Types..... 'standalones' e.g. the Isle of Wight; Buxton; 'second teams' e.g. Rye House, King's Lynn etc. etc????

Bryn in 'not going to criticise the rules or anyone in authority' shock, horror, probe..! :rolleyes:

Might be a new year but some things never change!!! :P

Bryn in 'not going to criticise the rules or anyone in authority' shock, horror, probe..! :rolleyes:

Might be a new year but some things never change!!! :P

And a Happy New Year to you too but DO grow up please Parsnips old fruit! :rolleyes: I merely asked a question of the poster and am genuinely interested in reading his response, unlike I am your twaddle! :angry:

Edited by Bryn

And a Happy New Year to you too but DO grow up please Parsnips old fruit! :rolleyes: I merely asked a question of the poster and am genuinely interested in reading his response, unlike I am your twaddle! :angry:

Bryn i to dont like guest but with some teams turning up with five riders its not fair to throw in a rider who can only just skidd you have to think about the paying public.Its hard to get people through the gate,so you have to put on a good show and thats wy i think guest are nessasary.

Bryn i to dont like guest but with some teams turning up with five riders its not fair to throw in a rider who can only just skidd you have to think about the paying public.Its hard to get people through the gate,so you have to put on a good show and thats wy i think guest are nessasary.

But last year's NL rules allowed a guest if your No.1 averaged rider was missing plus r/r for a second missing rider didn't they? :blink:

But last year's NL rules allowed a guest if your No.1 averaged rider was missing plus r/r for a second missing rider didn't they? :blink:

Yes u are right but if the two missing riders where a no2 and a reserve it ment moving your res up if is ave was over 3 and useing a complete wobbler at res .And people dont pay a tenner to see a rider half a lapp behind trying to skidd.The National league is a good product its progressed alott since it first started in 1994 {Conference League}.