British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Finnish News

Mäkinen and Siltaniemi (+Katajisto) ride for them. They'll kick your äss if you dont give them respect! :nono:

Well i should see Jari in Stralsund.Unless he has learnt karate or the Finnish Army have trained him as a killing machine,i fancy my chances :drink: I might make the trip to Malmö,so they have a better chance there.3 against 1 :rofl:

Edited by iris123

f-s-p, may be you have some information about riders who will be take part in Team Junior Championship in Rivne 02/05/2011?

f-s-p, may be you have some information about riders who will be take part in Team Junior Championship in Rivne 02/05/2011?

Jari Mäkinen -> www.jarimakinen.fi

Timo Lahti -> www.lracing.tk

Niko Siltaniemi -> www.nikosiltaniemi.fi

Kalle Katajisto -> www.kallekatajisto.co.uk

Mika Loppi -> Promising young lad, 16 or 17 years this season and was 3rd in the Finnish U21 final last year. He might be in facebook for more info. For some reason I dont even have his DoB or PoB...

Jari Mäkinen -> www.jarimakinen.fi

Timo Lahti -> www.lracing.tk

Niko Siltaniemi -> www.nikosiltaniemi.fi

Kalle Katajisto -> www.kallekatajisto.co.uk

Mika Loppi -> Promising young lad, 16 or 17 years this season and was 3rd in the Finnish U21 final last year. He might be in facebook for more info. For some reason I dont even have his DoB or PoB...

great thanks

Timo Lahti to Eastbourne Eagles, rides next monday against the Wolves, taken from lracing.tk.

Timo Lahti to Eastbourne Eagles, rides next monday against the Wolves, taken from lracing.tk.

Please remind me, f-s-p, is Timo the guy that was linked with Scunthorpe at the end of last season?

Also, any further information about Tero Aarnio's condition ? There is a vacancy at Scunthorpe, are your contacts suggesting any Finns could be in the frame for the job ?

Thanks, in advance. :wink:

Please remind me, f-s-p, is Timo the guy that was linked with Scunthorpe at the end of last season?

Also, any further information about Tero Aarnio's condition ? There is a vacancy at Scunthorpe, are your contacts suggesting any Finns could be in the frame for the job ?

Thanks, in advance. :wink:

It was Teemu, his older brother that was coming to Scunny. Ask him again, he might do good this time providing he stays fit through the training camp in Hallstavik during the weekend. :rolleyes:

I think BSPA declared Aarnio fit to ride this week on their website.

Edited by f-s-p

It was Teemu, his older brother that was coming to Scunny. Ask him again, he might do good this time providing he stays fit through the training camp in Hallstavik during the weekend. :rolleyes:

I think BSPA declared Aarnio fit to ride this week on their website.

Thanks. :cheers:

Would you be able to give a little info on the rider from first hand experience? His results seem impressive from last year for an 18 year old.

Would you be able to give a little info on the rider from first hand experience? His results seem impressive from last year for an 18 year old.

I just wrote a reply on the Eastbourne thread to stir. Had already decided to just sit back and laugh on the wondering about who this guy is. He's been around for a few years now and every meeting he's done is been documented on this forum. Finnish meetings on the Finnish thread and Swedish meetings on the Swedish thread.

I think he's the best we (Finland) have to offer for years! Mikael Teurnberg has a view on things with his experience around the world of speedway and 18 months ago he rated Timo in the top5 in Europe in the riders born that year (whatever it is :oops: ). Very level headed and on top of that he's an athlete, not your regular speedway rider. I heard Deano is gonna be his spanner and we laughed pretty big on the scenario that this toothpick of a rider is gonna be spannered by... Deano. :wink:

As a rider he knows what he's doing, adapts well to circumstances and does what he wants with HIS bike. Now that he's riding for Eastbourne he's been given A bike thats not his and maybe not even good enough by his standards so who knows what he's gonna do.

If the management dont give him enough meetings to get him an average and make him an asset, they are... :rofl:

It was bit of an embarrasement sitting on a livingroom sofa in Edinburgh and watch Taylor Poole on TV when I've told everyone it was gonna be Timo Lahti. It was not my mistake though and he's now in. I really do hope that he'll still ride the big Finnish meetings, it would be a real lost to us (Finnish speedway) if he didn't.

Jouni Seppänen was elected to the management board of the Finnish federation a week ago. Track racing has it's own rep in the board again after a few years of absence.

The Finnish 80cc riders are riding in Eskilstuna this (easter) weekend and a few riders are at Varkaus practising speedway. A week a go the now traditional season opener in Hallstavik was organised and things went well again. Teemu Lahti had a really good weekend and was the best man on show. Niko Siltaniemi totally wrecked one of his bikes but is OK. Also Miikka Hyyryläinen and Vili Mattila had dates with the fence but no serious damage there either. Jari Mäkinen had a mechanical nightmare in sundays meetings and Timo Lahti was absent with his Eastbourne practise session in Arlington.

Results from sundays pairs meeting in Hallstavik 17th April 2011

Stefan Hurtig 020001 3

Peter Wall 211112 7

Niko Siltaniemi 333F3 12

Jiri Nieminen 10121 5

Robin Messing 11323 10

Linus Lydin 322RF 7

David Hillborg 022R2 6

Jari Mäkinen 2NR3R 5

Aarni Heikkilä R2111 5

Teemu Lahti 33333 15

Jere Lehtonen 0d1Fd 1

Marko Suojanen 32322 12

Erä erältä:

1. Siltaniemi, Wall, Nieminen, Hurtig

2. Lydin, Mäkinen, Messing, Hillborg

3. Suojanen, Hurtig, Wall, Lehtonen

4. Siltaniemi, Lydin. Messing, Nieminen

5. Lahti, Suojanen, Heikkilä R, Lehtonen d

6. Messing, Lydin, Wall, Hurtig

7. Siltaniemi, Hillborg, Nieminen

8. Lahti, Heikklä, Wall, Hurtig

9. Lahti, Messing, Heikklä, Lydin R

10. Suojanen, Hillborg, Lehtonen, Mäkinen R

11. Lahti, Nieminen, Heikklä, Siltaniemi F

12. Messing, Suojanen, Lydin F, Lehtonen F

13. Mäkinen, Wall, Hurtig, Hillborg R

14. Siltaniemi, Suojanen, Nieminen, Lehtonen d

15. Lahti, Hillborg, Heikkilä, Mäkinen R

SM-liiga kicks off next saturday at Pori 3PM local. Lineups as follows:

Speedwayn SM-liiga 1/8 14.5.2011, kokoonpanot:

Paholaiset: 1) Joni Keskinen, 2) Marko Suojanen, 3) Jiri Nieminen, 4) Jere Lehtonen.

Sand Blowers: 1) Jari Mäkinen, 2) Niko Siltaniemi, 3) Pasi Pulliainen, 4) Aarni Heikkilä.

Kotkat: 1) Kauko Nieminen, 2) Juha Hautamäki, 3) Markku Autio, 4) Mika Loppi.

Keittiöpiste: 1) Timo Lahti, 2) Tero Aarnio, 3) Aki-Pekka Mustonen, 4) Marko Hyyryläinen.

There's a chance of live updates, a system is being tested tomorrow to see if it works by saturday.

SGP will now be shown on Finnish TV as Nelonen Pro has made a deal to show it. Yrjö Laukkanen (Kaj's dad) will be the pro-commentator with someone I've not heard doing the bigger part of speaking. At least speedway is on after Canal+ dropped Elitserien in Finland.

Good luck in getting Updates together!

Hope in near future Marko Hyyrylainen manages to get on International stage, as would like to hear the great difficulty Pearson & Tatum would have with his name! The World needs more "unpronouncable" Finnish names!

Edited by icicle

Good luck in getting Updates together!

Hope in near future Marko Hyyrylainen manages to get on International stage, as would like to hear the great difficulty Pearson & Tatum would have with his name! The World needs more "unpronouncable" Finnish names!

How would you facy Jyri Viemerö or Markku Larronmaa?

Dont think Marko H is gonna take the big step anymore, but Miikka Hyyryläinen just might. He's 17 and started on the big bikes last year with -11 being his first competiteve season.