British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Outcomes 25/1/11

Thought it would be useful to start a new thread regarding the outcomes of the NL AGM today, rather than the previous thread about if or when it was taking place!

First news to come out then, Mildenhall application rejected due to uncertainty over finances.

Who else is in and who is out?

Points limit.. 38 or 40 being proposed beforehand I believe. Press release unlikely before tomorrow?

Edited by heathen79

Well we've half a statement with the rest to follow on Tuesday 1st Feb. The main points so far...

40 point limit.

At least 8 teams, may be 10 (TBC on Tue).

Mildenhall, Bournemouth and Weymouth not running.

Stoke accpeted.

From the BSPA website :

SPEEDWAY'S third tier will have a minimum of eight clubs competing next season.

And there is a possibility that number could be up to 10 when the deadline for membership passes next Monday, January 31.

Stoke Potters have been accepted into the league after switching from the Premier League and there's an exciting new venture featuring the famous old Hackney Hawks sharing Rye House and Lakeside as a home base.

Of last season's clubs Mildenhall, Weymouth and Bournemouth will not be racing.

The points limit for team building purposes has been set at 40.

Further details, including the final National League line-up and competition format, will be released next Tuesday, February 1.

Hmm..NO Mildy but a nomadic Hackney (quite), but who is the possible No.,10? P'boro??

As usual minimal info...

Hmm..NO Mildy but a nomadic Hackney (quite), but who is the possible No.,10? P'boro??

As usual minimal info...

It looks like Hackney replace Rye House Cobra's...so it's primarily a name change, just with Lakeside running the odd meeting.

So that leaves 2 more teams, which you would think would be Coventry and Peterborough, although I saw no mention of Belle Vue, who had signalled an intent at running NL?

It looks like Hackney replace Rye House Cobra's...so it's primarily a name change, just with Lakeside running the odd meeting.

So that leaves 2 more teams, which you would think would be Coventry and Peterborough, although I saw no mention of Belle Vue, who had signalled an intent at running NL?

maybe Belle Vue are one of the "two" teams which i presume the other is Peterborough???

Last season finished with 10 teams, with Bournemouth and Weymouth not running that leaves 8, Stoke in makes 9. Which of the 8 are not running I would assume it is Plymouth now they are Premier League, can anyone confirm.

Last season finished with 10 teams, with Bournemouth and Weymouth not running that leaves 8, Stoke in makes 9. Which of the 8 are not running I would assume it is Plymouth now they are Premier League, can anyone confirm.

The club links page on the BSPA site has been changed to Buxton Hitmen, Dudley Heathens, Hackney Hawks, Isle of Wight Islanders, King's Lynn Young Stars, Newport Hornets, Rye House Cobras, Scunthorpe Saints & Stoke Potters.

Cannot see Rye House running with the Rockets,Cobra`s and Hawks (shared with Lakeside) ?

So from the BSPA website that would leave 8.

We have to presume Belle Vue is one of the other possibles.

I hope Sittingbourne is still in the running,but that has all gone very quiet.

Hope Newport Hornets run this season as they wanted to wait for the meeting before making a decision! I wonder what their decision was :)

Edited by speedwaylover18

ive not seen any rules for the new season yet but if there are only 8/9 teams one rule they should have is no riders doubling up

ive not seen any rules for the new season yet but if there are only 8/9 teams one rule they should have is no riders doubling up

If you have that rule I would be very surprised if Scunthorpe would run a team

That seems strange to me... particularly as doubling up is permitted between EL/PL to enable PL riders to progress to EL. Is the point of the NL not to allow young british riders to improve, ergo try and get into the PL to further enhance their skill... and would no doubling up not be a stumbling point on this? Whilst fixture clashes can be an issue, particularly for those teams that are stand-alone... it would contradict what is theoretically one of the main reasons for the existence of this league.