British Speedway Forum
vog

Hackney Hawks

There is one real shame about this discussion on prices however valid it may be, and that is it overshadows what looks like being a great season for the Hawks.

This is a really exciting line up with some great and exciting young talent.

The progress these kids make from raw novice to hopefully PL or EL rider has always been one of the greatest pleasures I get from speedway.So for me I will be there whenever I can.

The only shame is losing Joe Jacobs who I think might be in for a great season.

And despite what ever is said when two NL teams are evenly matched the racing can be second to none.

So come on lets try to get behind these kids. The Hawks of today are hopefully the Rockets of tomorrow.

Nice to see a positive post Rockets amongst all the doom and gloom of this thread..Sure Rye is not the cheapest place to watch speedway but it is one of the better equiped stadiums.Absolutly every thing is going up , its the way this country is at the moment ,no one likes it, but we all have to live with it..Len will no doubt live with his decisions ,and ive no doubt Rye will not be one of the speedways closing down at the end of the season ..As you say what can be more exciting than watching the youngsters progress..

This thread is going right off topic, how the fact that the prices for the Hawks meetings at both Rye and Lakeside are ott can be changed into a discussion about a track on the Olympics site I don't know but it's not the place to discuss this. :rolleyes:

I can't agree with you that this was 'off-topic' in the slightest. I can assure you that the Hackney project is very much to do with boosting the prospect of a track in the Olympics area...: which in case you've forgotten is not some random place, but exactly where, er, Hackney's home track was... :neutral:

If the change of name was to garner more publicity and interest it's certainly worked, I don't remember 15 pages on a Raiders or Cobras topic.

Up the Awks and Rockets

All of the Hawks were present at Rye House press & practice today, although In only saw Owen, Freemantle and Hopwood take to the track in the 90 minutes I was there.

Morley as usual looked nice and tidy. Nice to see him supported in such numbers.

Owen and Hopwood both looked impressive. Did nt see Evans Mason or Freemantle ride. I think this could be a big season for some of these boys if they stay injury free.

First cheeseburger of the season. Yippeeeeee.

If one rider would convince me to watch Hackney Meetings this year it would be Marc Owen

Check his style here Rye House Practice 2011

nice shot....looks like he,s fallin off :P:lol:

He did at one stage ... I think he shed a chain

My first taste of Hawks action will porbably be at Lakeside in the Good Friday double header

Edited by Shadders

Just seen how the Hawks home meetings will be split next season and i'm quite disappointed tbh. Seems that the stand alone sides will be visiting Lakeside, whilst the second clubs of other tracks will be coming to Rye, Belle Vue aside, all the better looking meetings in the league will be at Lakeside... :rolleyes:

He did at one stage ... I think he shed a chain

My first taste of Hawks action will porbably be at Lakeside in the Good Friday double header

Was looking at that meeting as well then onto to Eastbourne for the evening assuming it's run a bit quicker than our double headers. Only thing that puts me off is how cold it gets over there even during the day and if there is potentially a lot of hanging around my interest goes quickly followed by me leaving

Was looking at that meeting as well then onto to Eastbourne for the evening assuming it's run a bit quicker than our double headers. Only thing that puts me off is how cold it gets over there even during the day and if there is potentially a lot of hanging around my interest goes quickly followed by me leaving

I'd rather walk out early from a double header where I've paid £35 for 2 adults than from one where I've paid over £40, which it very well could be at Rye House this year ... There's always a trip to the snack bar to warm you up a little

Watch from the bar then! :wink:

Just seen how the Hawks home meetings will be split next season and i'm quite disappointed tbh. Seems that the stand alone sides will be visiting Lakeside, whilst the second clubs of other tracks will be coming to Rye, Belle Vue aside, all the better looking meetings in the league will be at Lakeside... :rolleyes:

This way of dividing the fixtures though makes a lot of sense.. For the Lakeside fans this is all new stuff and it'll be far more attractive to potential punters IMHO, to be seeing the 'stand-alones' coming than what might be (if a tad unfairly) be seen as the 'second' sides of PL teams...

Which brings me back to the point I've made many times, why don't more (all...?) of those second sides use a 'stand-alone' type name...? (Bournemouth riding at Poole is the recent example of where this did happen...) Might just in one extent be semantics, but it sure as heck would make the third tier look more interesting and more a separate entity...

Which brings me back to the point I've made many times, why don't more (all...?) of those second sides use a 'stand-alone' type name...? (Bournemouth riding at Poole is the recent example of where this did happen...) Might just in one extent be semantics, but it sure as heck would make the third tier look more interesting and more a separate entity...

Continuity...

Knowing that if a rider is riding for a second team and then progresses to the first team then they have actually progressed...

Bournemouth/Poole I discount because I really didn't see it as Poole promotion training up future riders for the Poole team. I can see Hackney Hawks riders being progressed to Rye House and then Lakeside. Possibly Belle Vue Colts might move to Workington (?) and then Belle Vue.

Edited by scribbler