British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Newport Hornets

Spoken with Steve Mallett and they arent DEFINATELY running in the NL in 2011, he still has to make a decision before tomorrows meeting. It is not a forgone conclusion that the Hornets will be in the NL.

It was put on the Official Site earlier but has now been removed because somebody jumped the gun.

Any news on this meeting? I hope they make the correct decision :)

Any news on this meeting? I hope they make the correct decision :)

Hornets are running this year with Jay Herne as our number one :D

Pleased :approve:

Any idea what Jay is coming in on anyone???? :unsure: One would assume Kurtzy will be riding again.Which would be an awesome top two :approve:

JWW & Tom Young would seem likely too. :approve:

Who Else though?

Pickard, Webster/ A.N. Other????

Plus 1 other???

Any ideas.

Pleased :approve:

Any idea what Jay is coming in on anyone???? :unsure: One would assume Kurtzy will be riding again.Which would be an awesome top two :approve:

JWW & Tom Young would seem likely too. :approve:

Who Else though?

Pickard, Webster/ A.N. Other????

Plus 1 other???

Any ideas.

Jay & todd kurtz would make an amazing pairing to be honest! I think JWW and tom young will defientlely be back :) not sure webster will be riding as he is plymouth no8. Only time will tell lol, in for a great season I think! Will the race day be on a friday evening or sunday ?

Will the race day be on a friday evening or sunday ?

I hope they go friday evenings & use the bank holiday mondays personally.

Anyways massive thankyou to the Malletts for keeping us going in the NL in 2011 :approve:

Anyways massive thankyou to the Malletts for keeping us going in the NL in 2011 :approve:

Agree with this! Should be a great season with the right promotion we should have great crowds too :)

Agree with this! Should be a great season with the right promotion we should have great crowds too :)

Think the only problem with what you suggest may be the cost of admission,for example,if the Hornets and the Wasps race at home on the same weekend,that`s very nearly 60 quid gone in admission alone,that`s I hasten to add are my circumstances.

It won`t stop me from going,but it may put some people off with similar admission costs.

Think the only problem with what you suggest may be the cost of admission,for example,if the Hornets and the Wasps race at home on the same weekend,that`s very nearly 60 quid gone in admission alone,that`s I hasten to add are my circumstances.

It won`t stop me from going,but it may put some people off with similar admission costs.

Yeah true, i agree with your point it will undoubtedly be financially hard hitting. Hopefully twice weekly matches will be kept to a minimum.

But whatever day of the week it is, if it runs twice a week it will have the same effect, the people who couldnt afford to go last year wont be likely to be able to this year :(.

My preference for those days is because im 22, im in uni & im off on fridays. Im fortunate that i will most probs be able too cos im a student, & even if i couldnt then my dad would probs pay.

Hopefully they have got a plan in place because i know a few people already have seen the PL prices and gone ouch, but ive said on the PL thread about what people perceive as Value For Money is what is the factor in the decision not the outright increase in cost. And IMHO they didnt have a choice as a business. Having studied Business Studies/Economics & Accounting i can see past just the increase.

For an Adult in comparison to last year in match terms at PL level it would take you until your 14th home meeting before you lose a match compared to last year.

Hopefully the increase in cost for PL prices will be compensated with the hornets, or they can come up with a discounted price for attending the NL match as well as the PL, etc.

They actively promoted last year after we were saved i hope that continues. :approve:

Edited by shirlmeister general

Strong looking top two from the hornets for 2011,what i dont understand is Mallet say he dont know if the Hornets are running due to cost of it,then sign what i would imagine to be two rather expensive riders???

Strong looking top two from the hornets for 2011,what i dont understand is Mallet say he dont know if the Hornets are running due to cost of it,then sign what i would imagine to be two rather expensive riders???

Kurtz will be no more expensive than last year at NL level, or any increase wouldnt be that significant.

Herne logically i would say yes.

Awesome looking top two :approve:

Edited by shirlmeister general

I can't see Todd being all that expensive as he isn't going to be riding NL for anybody else. Jay, maybe, but any more so than Tony Atkin and Kyle Newman?