British Speedway Forum

Thinks its pretty clear why Monmore is voted best race track. Granted it got slick towards the end but what track doesnt.

thought monmore was voted the best prepared racetrack ,

Just not sure the right way to make a pass is to clatter into the side of the other guy. I would say though that Scott Nicholls would absolutely not have accepted it with the same grace the Harris did, not a chance

Oh that simply wasnt cricket was it not?...cup of tea vicar?......give me a break its a mans sport not a spot of afternoon tea and tiffing...surely you of all people must have witnessed Mr Nielsen in his prime?!....oh course Nicholls had a Swindon racesuit on......

thought monmore was voted the best prepared racetrack ,

I think it was voted best prepared race track in Wolverhampton.

So glad Nigel and Kelvin highlighted the Stead issue last night. It doesn't make sense not to have him in the British as a wild card, but again a BSPA issue. I guess someone doen't like Simon after his comment last week. Wonder now if Simon will cut his nose to spite his face and not race for GB.

I understand the injury issues, but Stead is back racing and he's another rider who puts bums on seats, so not to have him would have annoyed me if I was Sky Sports as he would have added to the list of top riders in attendence with Nicholls, Harris, Tai, Rico, Kennett and Barker to name half a dozen.

Shouldn't Sky have a say who's a wild card from now on just as they do with the PL Darts??? Take it out of the BSPA's hands once and for all.

It all gives Middlo the oportunity to not pick Steady i guess for the Speedway water closet...mind you hard to look any further than the final 4 from last night plus Ben Barker

Good meeting that,like to see it on a more neutral track though like Somerset just to make it more interesting but the track was very good,you can't take nothing away from it.

Final should have been pulled back and I saw nothing wrong with Eddie going for that pass on Tai,he had the run and the gap and turned so hard he spun round,he didn't stuff Tai like we sometimes see riders do,

Did feel Wuffy was unlucky but definitely thought he was playing mind games with the shoulder as I said previously,after the big crash he picked his bike up and bump started it himself,he was a class act though

Well done Scottie and Harris too for being so gracious in defeat,jumping at the start is just one of those things,it happens to every rider

The British Final looked like it meant something again this year,the 2 Semis are the way forward again but its a pity about some of the dubious entries in there when better or more eligeble guys weren't in,oh and let's have it on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

A much better meeting than we normally get for the British Final, good racetrack and it appeared that the riders were actually interested in trying to win it!

Pleased for Scott Nicholls, but there's also this feeling that it was a bit of a hollow victory. Without a doubt Woffinden was the best rider on show last night, riding through the pain barrier, a real gutsy performance. That said, he was on his home racetrack, would it have been the same elsewhere? We'll never know, but either way, it was a good nights entertainment!

A much better meeting than we normally get for the British Final, good racetrack and it appeared that the riders were actually interested in trying to win it!

Pleased for Scott Nicholls, but there's also this feeling that it was a bit of a hollow victory. Without a doubt Woffinden was the best rider on show last night, riding through the pain barrier, a real gutsy performance. That said, he was on his home racetrack, would it have been the same elsewhere? We'll never know, but either way, it was a good nights entertainment!

Quite an entertaining meeting and like others have said some of the riders were clearly up for it.

Stead is back racing and he's another rider who puts bums on seats,

Do you really think so ..........

The British Final looked like it meant something again this year,the 2 Semis are the way forward again but its a pity about some of the dubious entries in there when better or more eligeble guys weren't in,oh and let's have it on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

Hmph you're hoping aren't ya, Sunday afternoon and even Saturday night speedway are a thing of the past here :( I totally agree that a Monday night for the British Final is doing the meeting a disservice but it's a sign of the times and we have to go with the flow ............

Dunno other that in their usual expansive ways the BSPA site states that;

"Elsewhere Scunthorpe’s Ben Wilson has also been ruled out through injury and will be replaced by King's Lynn's Oliver Allen."

I only asked because he rode at Leicester on Saturday and nothing seemed to happen that gave the impression he got hurt.

A very entertaining meeting,one of the best British finals for years.Woffy was unlucky of course,but how often does the best rider in the qualifying heats fail to to win the meeting?

Would have liked to see the Premier League riders be credited as representing their BPL teams and not their BEL double up teams.

A very entertaining meeting,one of the best British finals for years.Woffy was unlucky of course,but how often does the best rider in the qualifying heats fail to to win the meeting?

Yes, swings and roundabouts, Nicholls was the highest scorer one year ago, and failed to take the title; and in 2004 if my memory serves me correctly.

Well Done Scott How was it a hollow win Picked himself up from first bend crash

started from the worst grid,he wasnt that hard on Chris if it was im sure Chris would

not have been so gracious in defeat.Felt for Ta but his day will come im sure of that.

Well Done Scott How was it a hollow win

In retrospect, the term "hollow victory" is bit bit harsh, he still had to go and do the job, but Woffy was unlucky, he was the best rider on show,riding with an injury and was leading the final until Ed got it wrong and took him off. But that's speedway!

Who is Scott How? :blink: