British Speedway Forum

Who is Scott How? :blink:

David's brother :unsure:

Oh that simply wasnt cricket was it not?...cup of tea vicar?......give me a break its a mans sport not a spot of afternoon tea and tiffing...surely you of all people must have witnessed Mr Nielsen in his prime?!....oh course Nicholls had a Swindon racesuit on......

Good post, Scott IS British Champion and absolutely deserved the win in his Swindon racesuit. Congratulations to him :lol:

Shouldn't Sky have a say who's a wild card from now on just as they do with the PL Darts??? Take it out of the BSPA's hands once and for all.

The day that happens I cancel my Sky contract. Who at Sky would make such a decision? without question certain Sky commentators are biased towards their 'favourite' riders so why should Sky have a say who participates. Their job is to cover the sport in a non biased way, not participate in the governance of the sport.

I enjoyed the meeting.shame i sky +d it as the programme stopped just before the re run of the final.

You all keep saying " Bomber would have done the same" well . . . . . NO he wouldn't, he is an outside line rider it's very rare for him to be zooming up the inside of anyone let alone clattering into his opponent to move him out of the way, yes it's a mans sport BUT it's a noncontact sport and Scott clearly bashed into Bomber and Scott SHOULD have been excluded for dirty riding (as should of Olly Allen for knocking off Jerran Hart), yes Bomber jumped at the start and gained an advantage and the race should have been restarted. All that said, what a fantastic British final, full commitment by all the riders, even David Howe gave it a go when he should have stayed at home, well done to ALL the riders for putting on such a great meeting, Speedway was the winner last night. :wink:

You all keep saying " Bomber would have done the same" well . . . . . NO he wouldn't, he is an outside line rider it's very rare for him to be zooming up the inside of anyone let alone clattering into his opponent to move him out of the way, yes it's a mans sport BUT it's a noncontact sport and Scott clearly bashed into Bomber and Scott SHOULD have been excluded for dirty riding (as should of Olly Allen for knocking off Jerran Hart), yes Bomber jumped at the start and gained an advantage and the race should have been restarted. All that said, what a fantastic British final, full commitment by all the riders, even David Howe gave it a go when he should have stayed at home, well done to ALL the riders for putting on such a great meeting, Speedway was the winner last night. :wink:

Good hard final of the national championship riding imo.

Heres a clip from an era when men were men (and sheep were probably frightened). I doubt you heard many complaints from PC followers, again its a final and winner take all.

If there was a problem with scotts racing, bomber would have had something to say about it. Its just rare you see racing with big cahoneys nowadays.there are too many riders throwing the bike down for a re run, these are the riders that are causing so many injuries. There are too many ready to spit the dummy out... cough cough sam masters cough.... Gone are the days of Stoney, Andre Compton and sean wilson throwing the bike around owlerton... the lorams, norris and DEAN barkers have all gone. it was a breath of fresh air to see, and a hug from bomber at the end. This is the reason we no longer have big crowds around the country. RANT OVER.

Heres a clip from an era when men were men (and sheep were probably frightened). I doubt you heard many complaints from PC followers, again its a final and winner take all.

quite agree. I can imagine had Nicholls backed off the usual moans of "he bottled it", "he's lost it", etc.

It all gives Middlo the oportunity to not pick Steady

He said quite a few times "My team is here tonight..." So unless Stead was in the crowd somewhere

i took it to mean he wasn't getting picked or he didn't want to ride.One of the two

Shame for Woffinden injured yet scored a maximum but with the few crashes and the jump start by Bomber which somehow wasnt called back things didnt go his way. Thats why i hate finals but thats the rules and Nicholls took advantage so fair play to him. It has happened many times before and will happen regular in the future. Also well done Robbo shame he could get a few more to get a semi spot still rode well through.

Edited by Big Diamond

A non-contact sport?

Do you ever watch 1st turns????

A great clip. Thanks for sorting that one out but there two other interesting points;-

1.Look at the flyer Collins (in white ) gets. That.'s what you call a proper flyer . Bombers two inch namby-pamby roll was nothing compared to that, but instead of whingeing and whining the other three just got on with it and caught Collins up. Real speedway.

2. Listen to Dave Lanning's dreadful commentary and you can see where Sir Shoutalot gets it from. Its not even clear if Lanning is shouting in English or that bizarre dialect that is normally only used by American actors trying to speak like pirates.

Edited by Custer Mouse

A great clip. Thanks for sorting that one out but there two other interesting points;-

1.Look at the flyer Collins (in white ) gets. That.'s what you call a proper flyer . Bombers two inch namby-pamby roll was nothing compared to that, but instead of whingeing and whining the other three just got on with it and caught Collins up. Real speedway.

2. Listen to Dave Lanning's dreadful commentary and you can see where Sir Shoutalot gets it from. Its not even clear if Lanning is shouting in English or that bizarre dialect that is normally only used by American actors trying to speak like pirates.

how ignorant. that happens to be his accent.

how ignorant. that happens to be his accent.

The commentators function is to be informative and to be understood by their audience.They fail on both fronts when they start shouting. John Arlott had a much thicker accent than Lanning but was still one of the great commentators because he spoke at reasonable volume and in a manner that everyone could understand without the need to keep screaming. Plus he knew what he was talking about.