British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
all4backin

Colts V Scunthorpe 23rd March

This will be my first NL meeting.Looking forward to seeing how well Jason Garrity goes for the colts.Hoping to get to most of the colts home meetings this year hopefully a trip to buxton as well.

Good one to kick off with, with some great match ups in prospect. Hope we get a few away fans to add to what I'm hoping with be a good home turnout. Stock cars at weekend so I hope the track is in good shape. Fine weather this week should help.

Go for it lads, but stay safe!

Should be a great meeting, i know we have only had a few PL meetings but for the saints riders who have PL teams Birks has been flying & both the Worralls have made good starts, hitting the ground running.

Paul Cooper will be a strong spearhead for them too.

Should be a great match, think the Colts will have to be on top form in what could be an absoloute classic.

You go lads give it your all

C'mon The Colts

Best of luck Prowlers Saints :wink: Looks a very good meeting with plenty of potential in each teams. Could go either way.

Edited by spin king junior

Best of luck Prowlers Saints :wink: Looks a very good meeting with plenty of potential in each teams. Could go either way.

Hi SKjr. Are they officially "The Prowlers" when they have their Sheffield hats on ?

Until Sheffield provide half a team or more of their own own assets then they're never gonna be anything other than the SAINTS..One outta seven tiggers... Prowlers yer having a laff :lol:

Seriously now.. Good luck to them. Think the Scunny/Sheffield team will be a match for anyone this year..It'll be interesting to see which rider will fair the best this season..The Worrall Bros and Birksy have had a good start to the season at PL level. Coops should hopefully find this league to his liking. Gaz Irving has looked good in practice. Adam Wrathall will hopefully put a point or two on his average and young Stefan Neilsen has impressed greatly too in amateur meetings. The ingredients are there, If they can keep it all together I can see them winning the league this year.

Should be a cracker at Belle Vue, it'll certainly be more entertaining than most Elite League fixtures...shame I can't get to see it. :cry:

Edited by Albert

Should be a great meeting this,i think Scunthorpe will just edge it,will be close though

What time does this meeting start?

I have seen it listed as starting at both 7.30 and 8.00pm.

Until Sheffield provide half a team or more of their own own assets then they're never gonna be anything other than the SAINTS..One outta seven tiggers... Prowlers yer having a laff :lol:

Seriously now.. Good luck to them. Think the Scunny/Sheffield team will be a match for anyone this year..It'll be interesting to see which rider will fair the best this season..The Worrall Bros and Birksy have had a good start to the season at PL level. Coops should hopefully find this league to his liking. Gaz Irving has looked good in practice. Adam Wrathall will hopefully put a point or two on his average and young Stefan Neilsen has impressed greatly too in amateur meetings. The ingredients are there, If they can keep it all together I can see them winning the league this year.

Try looking at the Birmingham team, they're using only one of their assets as well :rolleyes::wink:. I agree with you about winning the league, the sides got plenty of potential with the Worrall twins and Birks in the mix but have probably the best number 1 and captain in the league, we've just got to hope he gets over his injury problems.

Hopefully a good season for the Prowlers/Saints with plenty of silverware to follow. Actually what if we do win the league? who gets the trophy :shock: Maybe we'll cut it in half :lol:

Edited by spin king junior

I'm still gutted at the loss of our Saints team....yes I see it as a loss as I only get to see five meetings. A Sheffield fan pointed out to me last week that they (Sheffield) has it all now ..A first team, a reserve team a N/L team and a training track. Rub it in why dont you attitude. As for the Belle vue meeting thats the one I really wanted to see as our Byron captains their team.....Alas wont get to see it!

I'm still gutted at the loss of our Saints team....yes I see it as a loss as I only get to see five meetings. A Sheffield fan pointed out to me last week that they (Sheffield) has it all now ..A first team, a reserve team a N/L team and a training track. Rub it in why dont you attitude. As for the Belle vue meeting thats the one I really wanted to see as our Byron captains their team.....Alas wont get to see it!

Well the way I'd see is would you rather have 5 National league meetings or none at all? By the sounds of it the Saints have never been financially successful and unfortunately in these times it's a difficult time to keep 2 teams running on a profit.

There's obviously more positives for Sheffield rather than Scunthorpe but nevertheless there was a reason for doing so and IMO it's the right one to keep a National league team going :approve:

That's how I see it. Just appears that Scunny will be producing future assets for Sheffield.

Will it not help these youngster develop more but using two tracks?? i think it will

Also we will all miss not seeing the other fixtures but surely 5 is better than none as i fear the Saints wouldnt run if it wasnt for this joint venture

The other side of the coin is the losses,i guess it difficult for losses to be judged when you gain some great young riders

I know its was a tough decison for Rob to make to enter into this venture but its was one he was forced into,folk just couldnt afford to support two teams,

get behind the venture,and dont knock it until we see how its goes,

Scunthorpes NL teams have been one of the success storys of speedway,i see no reason why this cant continue with the partnership