British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Sittingbourne

The problem that prevented them from carrying on with the CL as it was, was due to being very limited by the council as too how often and how many meetings they could stage in a year.

I don't know where you get that from - there was no such problem; and those involved in securing what would've been an excellent promotional package and a very competitive team for what was in the end an abortive 2009 campaign, can confirm this was NOT the reason the club pulled the plug on league racing. The Council (Swale) are far more supportive of Speedway at the OGS than the impression that is sometimes given...

... seems a shame not a sittingborne side when it could have been

Hmm, more than a tad harsh...

In Mark & Aaron, you're looking at essentially the heart and soul of Sittingbourne Speedway club: club loyalists supreme and no-one should doubt that IF the Crusaders still rode in the league, the Baseby boys would be in their side.

Dan & Rikki are also riders who turned out for the Crusaders: indeed in both cases was their first club.

And with these four ALL being Kentish lads we had a very strong bond to the county and the club in this septet.

I note that on another site Nikko has said James Clement had also ridden for Sittingbourne - in official competition, I actually don't think so - though I could be wrong.

Classic moment tonight was the big fanfare Tim gave as the interval attraction to British Ice Speedway racer Kevin Rowand coming on track on his ice racing machine to try and break the track record...

Four laps were negotiated (though clearly not fast enough to challenge any sort of record...) and then it was revealed that - oops - no-one had actually timed it!! Now come on, everyone knows that Chris spends the interval stuffing his face with Mars bars; can't be disturbed from that!!!! :lol:

Classic moment tonight was the big fanfare Tim gave as the interval attraction to British Ice Speedway racer Kevin Rowand coming on track on his ice racing machine to try and break the track record...

Four laps were negotiated (though clearly not fast enough to challenge any sort of record...) and then it was revealed that - oops - no-one had actually timed it!! Now come on, everyone knows that Chris spends the interval stuffing his face with Mars bars; can't be disturbed from that!!!! :lol:

Yeah it was funny that, silly thing is I had two stop watches with me as well :P

Shame he wasn't quick enough, I remember Bruce Cribb at Poole donkeys years ago, my God he was amazing and if I remember right he broke the track record that night :unsure: