British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

And I know why it has to remain private. Because bribery is a part of the sport.

The BSPA statement says "Trump admits he said things which could have been AVOIDED."

It should have said "Trump admits he made claims that were unfounded and we would like to make it clear that allegations made by Trump against BSPA and it's members are untrue."

But they can't say that because the BSPA is as bent as a Barrymore barbecue.

Your comments re 'the BSPA', by definition mean 'all promoters', unless you clarify your point more succinctly! :neutral:

The Important Ones post reads that he considers the "BSPA is as bent as a Barrymore barbecue". I would take that to mean all members of the association.

No I am not. Surely you can see the difference?

Yes you are unless you would like to define your comment further by saying the BSPA is bent except for the following members......

In one breath you are saying the BSPA is bent, then in the next breath you are saying, well perhaps not all of them. Make your mind up

That would be a tough ask. :party:

Maybe if we use building blocks with big letters on it would help you to understand.

Maybe if we use building blocks with big letters on it would help you to understand.

Or maybe we could start a whole new trend and you answer a direct question for once. Without resorting to a smug put down!

As we were all repeatedly informed, the BSPA is a "democratic" organisation ruled by "majority" vote. Decisions made by majority are, only by implication, supported by all members but are, in reality, likely to have one or more dissenters. It is therefore possible to refer to the collective BSPA ijn any conversation but that does not per se mean ALL of the members unless specifically stated as such.

Or better still maybe plain English could be used. Perhaps something on the lines of :-

" I know the BSPA is as bent as a Barrymore Barbecue and that bribery is part of the sport,because I have first hand experience of these things and these are the hard facts............"

Or perhaps something like:-

"It is my opinion that the BSPA is as bent as a Barrymore Barbecue and bribery is part of the sport,not that I have any first hand experience of what actually happens or can give any hard facts but I do like a bit of gossip and tittle tattle and I am prepared to believe what I hear "

Or maybe :-

"I don't really know any more than most other fans to be honest, but I doubt whether the BSPA is as clean as a whistle. Not many fans do. However none of us have all the facts and therefore we have differing opinions."

Edited by Custer Mouse

WE understand, sadly for some there is no hope.

Or maybe we could start a whole new trend and you answer a direct question for once. Without resorting to a smug put down!

Or maybe when I give my answer people can accept my view?

I thought not.

Or maybe when I give my answer people can accept my view?

I thought not.

Maybe you cease questioning others opinions if you want yours to be respected???

Just a thought.

WE understand, sadly for some there is no hope.

I've come to that conclusion.

The problem is, yes, you and others do understand. You just choose to play dumb for the sake of arguing.

Maybe you cease questioning others opinions if you want yours to be respected???

Just a thought.

Like you are doing? Brilliant.

I've come to that conclusion.

The problem is, yes, you and others do understand. You just choose to play dumb for the sake of arguing.

Like you are doing? Brilliant.

The responses are as expected.

its no wonder posters are always putting your posts into question.

I am sure that the fact that the EL is not racing two home and two away against every team is even more stupid because of the play-offs (Kill the damn things) because if you look at the Eastbourne fixture list and even though it has not been updated they have ten reserved dates during this season going to the end of October. Only one of those reserved dates is before the cut off date, so if they have not got any more available dates how are they going to fit two matches in before the cut off date unless they have no rain offs and withdraw from the KO Cup?

In May, June, July and August Estbourne have two home fixtures per month and I thought speedway fans insist they can only support speedway if there are matches every week. Out of those eight fixtures two are on Mondays. If they can fit Coventry and Peterborough before they race Kings Lynn they will finish their home ELA fixtures on the 7th of May.

As I have said before this whole fixture list is pathetic and if they had got rid of the stupid play-offs we would not need this in the first place.

Edited by The Little Un

And I know why it has to remain private. Because bribery is a part of the sport.

The BSPA statement says "Trump admits he said things which could have been AVOIDED."

It should have said "Trump admits he made claims that were unfounded and we would like to make it clear that allegations made by Trump against BSPA and it's members are untrue."

But they can't say that because the BSPA is as bent as a Barrymore barbecue.

So you believe the the BSPA is bent and bribery and corruption is rife (excepting "Batman" Coventry of course, the beacons of truth and justice, and "Robin" Peterborough, the trusty sidekick) because of that statement??? You really can be quite amusing on the odd occasion.....oh but I bet you have lots and lots of evidence in your locker taken from years of free passes to speedway matches, seeing the brown envelopes passing between pit positions.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

So you believe the whole of the BSPA is bent because of that statement??? You really can be quite amusing on the odd occasion

Amusing that you think I base it all on that statement.

Amusing that it's always the same names who say the same things.