British Speedway Forum

Forgive me but what a load of rubbish. Ethics does not even come into it and it is perfectly legal to discriminate on the grounds of country of birth. Why do you think foreign riders need visas? Foreign riders cannot ride in the National League. Read the rule book before making such ill informed posts. I am a paying fan and thankfully my team has 7 British riders.

Well we are both happy then !, I get my what I want at my home meetings and you get what you want at your home meetings.

As for for forgiving you, of course I will.

Forgive me but what a load of rubbish. Ethics does not even come into it and it is perfectly legal to discriminate on the grounds of country of birth. Why do you think foreign riders need visas? Foreign riders cannot ride in the National League. Read the rule book before making such ill informed posts. I am a paying fan and thankfully my team has 7 British riders.

Thankfully he's not a foreign rider under the definitions set out in Law.

Dual Nationality Exists. Fact.

Edited by shirlmeister general

Taylor Poole rode ilegally in the National League. He has no British passport and no patriality.

i fear that when the lad Heeps makes his debut[sorry if he makes it]there will be some form of protest from the oposition team

Could there be a messy outcome like last year with Tyson Nelson?????

Whilst you might not appreciate that people can have more than nationalities.

If he has British Citizenship, which looks fairly likely then he is perfectly entitled to ride here.

not at 15,read the rules,clearly states 16years old

if he had Dual Nationality,why did he not start the season,???like Branford,Morris etc

i fear that when the lad Heeps makes his debut[sorry if he makes it]there will be some form of protest from the oposition team

Could there be a messy outcome like last year with Tyson Nelson?????

There may well be a strong possibility.

It would depend on what documentation he has got though.

Does it? I take it you have seen his British passport then.

It would depend on what documentation he has got though.

if you got dual national parentage,all you need is a passport and a plane ticket,simples

not at 15,read the rules,clearly states 16years old

if he had Dual Nationality,why did he not start the season,???like Branford,Morris etc

That is just for 1 type of visa, that according to his age he couldn't apply for to my understanding.

I'd have a look at Dual Nationality & British Citizenship, as there are many ways of qualifyingunder dual nationality to enter the country.

That is just for 1 type of visa, that according to his age he couldn't apply for to my understanding.

I'd have a look at Dual Nationality & British Citizenship, as there are many ways of qualifyingunder dual nationality to enter the country.

agreed,but there is a difference to entering the country and coming here to race speedway

Does it? I take it you have seen his British passport then.

No but ill give him the benefit of the doubt without seeing any documentation that he does.

I really find it puzzling that people think that you can just walk in & they give you a free passport by saying im British.

The qualification criteria for someone born abroad who has dual nationality & to get a passport is a lot more complicated than that, especially for someone who is under 16.

If he has a british passport that means he is a british citizen (and to my understanding & im not an expert)then he qualifies for all the rights associated with it.

We will have to politely agree to disagree. There is no room whatsoever for non full British riders in the British National Development League. We must strive to develop our own talent.

What a tired old arguement this is getting, a Commonwealth rider in the NL, perish the thought!

This arguement would hold some weight if there was any sign of the PL and EL working with the NL to progress these Young Brits you speak of.

The PL this season has 15 teams giving 105 team places of which currently 56 are taken by 'overseas' riders. Put more simply on average 4 of every side are non British.

The EL has 10 teams giving 90 places with double uppers of which currently and incredible 63 are taken by 'overseas' riders.

So please dont critisise a National League stand alone club for signing the one commonwealth rider! As 2ndbendpostie correctly points out in 2009 the arrival of Taylor Poole not only lifted the club and provided great entertainment, but the word soon got about and crowds increased considerably for the time he was with us!

However idealistic you want to be, you surely understand the need of standalone National League clubs to try and make money to ensure their survival, after all if they cannot make money they will close, and with that will go six places (at least)for young brits!!

So please dont critisise a National League stand alone club for signing the one commonwealth rider! As 2ndbendpostie correctly points out in 2009 the arrival of Taylor Poole not only lifted the club and provided great entertainment, but the word soon got about and crowds increased considerably for the time he was with us!

However idealistic you want to be, you surely understand the need of standalone National League clubs to try and make money to ensure their survival, after all if they cannot make money they will close, and with that will go six places (at least)for young brits!!

Didnt Mildenhall close anyway????

is there enough cash in the NL to pay overseas riders? im not so sure there is,be it stand alone or dual clubs,i fear the NL cant afford to do it

agreed,but there is a difference to entering the country and coming here to race speedway

Definitely, but then that also depends on the interpretation of the law tbh etc etc.

I think it has been clearly stated that he couldn't ride over here on the specific type of visa mentioned that everyone assumes he is coming over on (unless an exemption applies in the interpretation of the Law), so i think he must be eligible a different way, or different rules apply due to his age.

If he is here & riding illegally then fair enough, but none of us know that,i think its better to give him the benefit of the doubt, until we actually know, and as you say if he isn't then it will soon be found out.

Didnt Mildenhall close anyway????

is there enough cash in the NL to pay overseas riders? im not so sure there is,be it stand alone or dual clubs,i fear the NL cant afford to do it

Their closure had nothing to do with overseas riders! If you read this forum regularly you will know that.

And my information is that neither of the two overseas riders used by Mildenhall in the last two NL seasons earned as much as the top paid riders at the club!

Your dislike of Non Brits in the NL is obvious and if that is your view fine, but try and base it on fact!

In fact we were two of those who came back because of Poole, We had stopped going to the meetings as there seemed little to enjoy or cheer that season, hearing about him got us back for the rest of that season.