British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ladyluck

Ekstraliga Rd V

They are just looking for out-of-track ways of taking out each other... Nothing unusual in Polish sport (not only speedway)

I'm not sure that's unusual in ANY major competitive sports league...When things go wrong, the poor excuses appear to try to deflect from the team's failure...Reference Real Madrid manager José Mourinho in the recent Champions League clashes between his team and Barcelona for a good example of that happening at the top level of sport.

seems to be a lot of protesting in Polish speedway just recently.

I don't think that there have been too many formal protests. Indeed, this spat between Gdansk and Poznan could be the only episode. In other high profile cases, there were complaints, but any investigations were launched as a result of the referee's report. For example, I can't immediately recall Zielona Gora making much of a fuss about the Wroclaw track that is now under investigation.

I think it is good, to be honest, if clubs are called to account for providing a poor surface and I think it is good that investigations and their findings are fully disclosed and reported.

I think it is good, to be honest, if clubs are called to account for providing a poor surface and I think it is good that investigations and their findings are fully disclosed and reported.

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but I have some concern about how the decisions would be made...

One man's poor surface is another man's great surface...How do you determine what a good surface is? Or more accurately, who makes the final decision on whether a surface is good or bad?

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but I have some concern about how the decisions would be made...

Well, here is the judgement in relation to Unia Leszno:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1TSEA_ENUK335%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/04/16/unia-ukarana-za-stan-toru-podczas-meczu-z-pge-marma/&usg=ALkJrhgjAo422p-xIKkpzlkV_N-yxQ4K5w

It appears to me to be a very comprehensive document, that explains the relevant regulations and outlines all evidence gathered and the reasoning behind the decisions taken.