British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dipster

Dudley Heathens

There doesnt appear to be any rule preventing EL riders riding in the NL, unlike in the past.

:lol: fast freddie just signed for dudley on a 5yr deal :party: :party:

:lol: fast freddie just signed for dudley on a 5yr deal :party: :party:

He couldn't get into our team if he wanted. :nono:

He couldn't get into our team if he wanted. :nono:

He'll be gutted, especially after turning up to watch the Buxton match. Ah well, back to the GPs!

It has always been the case that you couldn't ride in the NL if you were in a EL 1-7 right back to when Bridger first went from CL (as it was then) to EL. Cook and Roynon were number 8's so not relevant.

Genuine request please Jayne (not trying to stir or catch anyone out etc).

Which rule do you believe would prevent Kyle lining up for the Heathens? You seem quite sure of you position, but Nigel seems equally so.

Extract from the press release on the Dudley website.

http://www.dudleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.309

Said Pearson: "Before announcing the signing of Kyle we checked with Graham Reeve at the SCB, I also personally checked with a leading referee, plus we had the support of Matt Ford at Poole and George English at Newcastle because we wanted to be sure they were happy with this move. Both are also BSPA management committee members.

"I also double-checked with Peter Morrish, the National League co-ordinator, and there is no rule to prevent a young British rider appearing in three different leagues. We have done this in a professional and manner by going through the correct channels."

It would be rather silly if there was a rule preventing DU Brits from riding in the NL but not No. 8's. In real terms it makes no difference to the Heathens as Poole could just drop Kyle as a DU and name his as their No. 8. They have not named a No. 8 this season so Kyle would be able to do that and still be called on by Poole as required. That said some EL clubs seem to think using your No 8 shouldn't be allowed!!! :rolleyes:

this post is NOT having a dig at kyle or dudley ,more the rules , how can it be right to have a rider in all 3 leagues when riders like danny warwick ,terry day, garry cottham ,mark baseby and others cannot get a team place , i know how this looks to outsiders cause i do work for some company that sort of follows NL speedway abit cause of me and they think its crazy and dont understand how a rider can ride for 2 teams let alone 3 and have riders on the sidelines, and theyre not the only ones ,i am embarresed to tell them about the rules and the way speedway is run , it could only happen in speedway , and people wonder why speedway is seen as a circus (bit of a joke )its way past time for a change but i doubt it will happen

this post is NOT having a dig at kyle or dudley ,more the rules , how can it be right to have a rider in all 3 leagues when riders like danny warwick ,terry day, garry cottham ,mark baseby and others cannot get a team place , i know how this looks to outsiders cause i do work for some company that sort of follows NL speedway abit cause of me and they think its crazy and dont understand how a rider can ride for 2 teams let alone 3 and have riders on the sidelines, and theyre not the only ones ,i am embarresed to tell them about the rules and the way speedway is run , it could only happen in speedway , and people wonder why speedway is seen as a circus (bit of a joke )its way past time for a change but i doubt it will happen

I Have been a Heathens fan for nearly 50 years now :cry: and like you Deanno i find it uncomfortable, that some riders ride for 2/3 teams, whilst others cannot find 1 team who will give them a Team spot, something is wrong and urgently needs putting right, the sooner the better. I understand the need for The Heathens to be reasonably succesful, but i feel on this occasion The decision has been the wrong one.

If they're good enough they'd have a team. I'd rather a good youngster like Newman has 3 teams and as much racing time as possible, as opposed to some others who are no more than NL riders.

Edited by JCookie

Cookie, seems like im alright jack is speaking there, what the heck i dont see Wayne Rooney playing for three teams in the same country, whoops my local Parks team needs another player, I will suggest they sign Wayne. :rofl: