British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Ashley Jones Memorial Trophy

Really enjoyed it and as others have said, a fitting tribute for Ash.

Special mention to my personal highlight of the evening which was Mimmo singing the greatest hits of Kathy Kirby in the trackshop pre meeting. :party: Anything to keep the customers away :lol:

Totally agree with first comment, as you and others have said a cracking meeting, a fitting tribute to Ash and SO glad "I was there" as my old mate Boycie would say! Er that's Max NOT Craig! :wink:

And, turning to your second point 'Speedball' I'm sure delighted to have missed THAT! :shock:

Speedball

You are lucky....you could walk away from Mimmo.......He later went on to Lady Gaga and JLS............I have since packed him off for a 2 week break in tenerife with a promise he takes his tablets and stays away from Supermarkets :-))))

Like evereyone ...very proud of all the riders last night who made it in to my meeting of the season.....superb

jaybea

The Final from last night, Courtesy of the uploader on Stars Facebook page...

Edited by speedy17

Best meeting I've seen in years and a fitting tribute to a wonderful fella.Thanks go to all the riders who rode as if every inch of every race was a world final for them,just the way the man would have done himself.Micman,I bet you wish you had filmed that gem as it would be worth a fortune :lol:.I took SRTB jnr and 2 of his friends last night,one of whom was on his first ever speedway meeting and I think Kozzamania could well be sweeping through their school next week as all 3 formed an impromptu Kozza fan club in the royal box much to the amusement of some :wink: If Carlsberg did speedway.............

Mimmo, Xenoglossy, that'll be Tomas Topinka as well........ obviously a Czech thing :lol:

I took SRTB jnr and 2 of his friends last night,one of whom was on his first ever speedway meeting and I think Kozzamania could well be sweeping through their school next week as all 3 formed an impromptu Kozza fan club in the royal box much to the amusement of some :wink: If Carlsberg did speedway.............

Good to hear :approve:

Thanks for posting that up speedy17, fantastic action :)