British Speedway Forum

Hi there, I am planning on going to the SWC this year and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent hotels to stay at in Poole and Eastbourne as I live in Milton Keynes and it's a bit of a drive. LoL.

Any information will be aprriciated.

Thanks.

Take Care Everyone. XxX.

ive just booked into the premier lodge in poole for the final,£50 ish, :)

travel inn fully booked for the final weekend but may be space for the other matches. :sad:

for eastbourne also try travelodge

goodluck :rolleyes:

come on england or great britain :unsure:

Try Poole Tourism - they've got a complete list of accomodation. Being August, it's going to be pretty busy with tourists without the added SWC so hope you manage to find somewhere.

There's a Holiday Inn Express and Thistle Hotel in the middle of Poole if you're after one of the bigger hotel names. Or try the Arndale Court which is opposite the entrance to the stadium and supposed to be quite good. If you want somewhere close to the beaches try the Sandbanks Hotel which is pretty big although it's about 3 miles from the stadium.

Good luck! :)

As long as you don't suggest that pub where the bloke got stabbed like you did to us Rabbit when we came down for the play off final! :o

Only 'cos I knew they definitely had a vacant room and the security there was good. I mean you where else would you have had two coppers standing outside during your stay! I guess they'd have got rid of the bloodstains so I can't understand what you and Charles were worried about! Plus it was right next to the stadium - no helping some people.... ;):D

By the way Happy New Year Jay !! B)

There are some very good points there Rabbit! The place we stayed wasn't too bad but it was a bit of a trek from the town centre after a few lagers and watching a fight!

Poole on a sunday evening... stay away folks it's only for the brave! lol :D

Poole on a sunday evening... stay away folks it's only for the brave! lol :D

It's the damn yachties...just can't hold their drink that lot! ;)

Thank You Rabbit and everyone else.

Rock on Tem GB. It's ours this year.

Take Care everyone. XxX.

For Eastbourne you have the Travel Lodge at Hellingly by Boship Roundabout on the A22 or the Travel Inn in Eastbourne. Or there are numerous b & bs. If you would like a list try the links below

http://www.eastbournehotel.com/

http://www.4hotels.co.uk/uk/eastbourne.html

Maybe "Uncle Bob" will allow camping in that huge car park he has at Eastbourne and there's always the woods :wink: plenty of trees to put up a hammock :lol:

Does anyone have suggestions for a place to stay in Poole for this for a family of 5 (including 2 special needs kids) that is not too expensive.

Thank you everyone so much have both hotels booked now. YaY.

xxx.

Trust you to see that one :lol:

I assure you a few others saw it too -

but only a few understood what you really meant :rolleyes::wink:

? Do you still need the woods - or is the garage full ? :lol: