British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

Buxton V Dudley Heathens

these are the FACTS on heat 15.the start marshall tried to get ash upto tapes but ash indicated the other 3 riders were not ready also.the starter then went upto ash and was giving him verbal abuse very aggressively.ash reacted which i think any rider would have.in fact crump or pederson would proberly have decked the starter.they were getting very heated with each other and then armo got involved.however the starter then grabbed ash round the arm pulling him.whatever is said is one thing but physical stuff from an official can never be right.the ref then disqualified ash from the race and also the rest of the meeting tho it was heat 15 anyway.not sure if the ref disqualified ash for delaying the start or arguing with the starter.anyway,ive no arguments with the ref ,if thats his decision so be it.but this was started by the start marshall whichever way you look at it.

in the first 2 re-runs they were pulled back cuz armo jumped the start.then garrity got excluded while chasing armo.in the final re-run allott got a flyer but i think the ref just wanted to get the meeting finished by then

i can understand buxton sticking up for there starter but id just like to say to jayne just to check the video first.whatever the wrong and rights the starter caused the problems.no doubt about that.

last point can anyone tell me is the start marshall allowed to grab the riders front wheel pushing and pulling them into line?i wouldnt have thought so.again i couldnt imagine messers crump or pederson putting up with this

Edited by bruno

I understand riders are pumped up and heat of the moment etc, but when i witness a grown woman shove her face up to an 8 year old child and call him a sheep sh**ers brat, applaud when riders fall and chat abuse to the referee under the box it goes beyond on track incidents.

I've always thought that starters needed to be more firm with riders - 99% of the time they may as well not be there, for all the notice riders take of them. The starting marshall is - whether you like it or not - the referee's representative on the line. If you don't agree with him, you take it up with the referee afterwards. It's not a perfect system - pairs of referees would be better but cost-prohibitive - but it's what we've got. I was a hundred miles away and obviously didn't see it but if this is what it takes for a starting marshall to get a rider to do as he's bloody well told, then good on him!

What a total discrace to the club and speedway in general the Dudley fans where today, and before i get slated no i'm not a Buxton fan just watched as a neutral,

for the second time in a week Heathens fans brought the sport to a low, after fighting on the terraces last wednesday at Belle Vue, today it was like being on the shameless film set with the most foul mouthed woman you will ever come across and a gang of thug partners gathering like a pack of dogs anywhere they could cause trouble,

to me what has always made speedway stand out from other sports was the friendly rivalry and banter.

to those involved today you let down Nigel Pearson who has done such a great job in the return of the club, been an embaressment to somebody in Chris Van Straaten's position and made a fool of all that makes speedway a good family sport, you where a discrace.

were they badly behaved BEFORE ht 15 ? :unsure:

I understand riders are pumped up and heat of the moment etc, but when i witness a grown woman shove her face up to an 8 year old child and call him a sheep sh**ers brat, applaud when riders fall and chat abuse to the referee under the box it goes beyond on track incidents.

totally agree shalerash but this was one fan like up at belle vue,not good i agree and a disgrace and embarresment to heathens fans but not all of us behaved like that

Shalerash I think ur makin us Dudley fans to be a lot worse thAn we r. Do u expect us to be happy wen one of our riders is being handled by an official on the startin line, no u don't. Get a grip please

Garrity was not excluded for delaying the start, check your facts.

I did check the facts Jayne, Garrity was excluded by the referee for delaying the start and that was announced by Peter Morrish.

Jason changed his bike at the start line and then proceeded to 'Garden' his gate despite the Start Marshall asking him to come to the tapes, result, Red lights and Black flag for JG. It was then announced that he would start from 15 Metres back and a fresh 2 Minute allowance came into force.

What a total discrace to the club and speedway in general the Dudley fans where today, and before i get slated no i'm not a Buxton fan just watched as a neutral,

for the second time in a week Heathens fans brought the sport to a low, after fighting on the terraces last wednesday at Belle Vue, today it was like being on the shameless film set with the most foul mouthed woman you will ever come across and a gang of thug partners gathering like a pack of dogs anywhere they could cause trouble,

to me what has always made speedway stand out from other sports was the friendly rivalry and banter.

to those involved today you let down Nigel Pearson who has done such a great job in the return of the club, been an embaressment to somebody in Chris Van Straaten's position and made a fool of all that makes speedway a good family sport, you where a discrace.

Shalerash, I am a Heathens fan, and i want an apology as you infer i am a disgrace.you have made no distiction between those involved and those not involved or not their.

Edited by greyhoundp

I've always thought that starters needed to be more firm with riders - 99% of the time they may as well not be there, for all the notice riders take of them. The starting marshall is - whether you like it or not - the referee's representative on the line. If you don't agree with him, you take it up with the referee afterwards. It's not a perfect system - pairs of referees would be better but cost-prohibitive - but it's what we've got. I was a hundred miles away and obviously didn't see it but if this is what it takes for a starting marshall to get a rider to do as he's bloody well told, then good on him!

agree riders take very little notice of the starters but this was over the top from the official.he behaved as bad as the heathens fans who lost it

:t: hello jayne...u in a bad mood ? :rofl:

Yes, but not for the reason you think. To be quite honest I couldn't care less about the result what does annoy me is the attitude of some so called 'fans'. Why is that Dudley 'fans' seem to think it is ok to threaten other supporters and cheer when riders fall. When you have regular supporters telling you that they are frightened and have been abused all afternoon and children are scared and crying then I think I am entitled to be in a 'bad mood' as you put it. :angry: :angry: :angry:

So that makes it ok then ?.

absolutely not..your comments about the 8yr old are an eyeopener and the woman ? if you can call her that should take a look at herself , did you see any fighting at belle vue ? conflicting reports there too :unsure:

Regular supporters. Where was they today. Cudnt see any. Things got heated with wot happened in heat 15, but makin it look far worse than it was.

absolutely not..your comments about the 8yr old are an eyeopener and the woman ? if you can call her that should take a look at herself , did you see any fighting at belle vue ? conflicting reports there too :unsure:

Yes i was stood right by it, don't get me wrong i'm not saying all Dudley fans are the same, i'm just amazed by the reaction of the ones involved.